Our Favorite Free Crochet Patterns of 2020
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
There's no better time to reflect on the past than at the start of a new year, and that's exactly what we're going to do here today! We at AllFreeCrochet love sharing free patterns with you all, so it's always exciting to look back and see which of our thousands of patterns you all loved the most. We're used to seeing some of our tried and true faves in our yearly recaps, but sometimes trends get so big that some brand new patterns make their way onto our lists.
Enjoy our list of the top 100 crochet patterns of 2020 - from crochet afghans and shawls to crochet ponchos and crochet patterns for the home, a little bit of everything made its way onto this list.
What do you think - did we include your favorite pattern?
Subscribe to our newsletter for amazing crochet patterns delivered to your inbox daily!
Table of Contents
Crochet Baby Blankets
Baby blankets are a little more manageable than regular afghan designs since they're so much smaller, and you guys really love them too since so many of them made our best-of list! From rectangular crib blankets to colorful afghans and heirlooms you'll pass down from generation to generation, these little designs are amazing shower or birthday gifts!
Editor's Fave, Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby Blanket: This mindless and fun baby blanket is the perfect repetitive pattern to crochet while you catch up on TV or movies! It's worked up in crocheter favorite Bernat Blanket Yarn, which is super soft and quick to crochet.
- Addicting Crochet Baby Blanket
- Cuddly Teddy Bear Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Easiest Baby Blanket Pattern Ever
- Ever So Striped Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Heirloom Baby Blanket
- Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby Blanket
- Mom's Favorite Chevron Crochet Baby Blanket
- One Skein Lilac Blanket
- Pastel Rainbow Baby Blanket
- Rockabye Baby Granny Square Blanket
- Sea Blue Baby Afghan
- Simply Peachy Baby Blanket
- Pink Daisy Baby Blanket
Crochet Afghan Patterns and Blankets
Crochet blankets and afghan designs are pretty standard patterns but are definitely on the ambitious end due to how long they can take to complete. If you have the patience and the time to work one of these up, though, you'll definitely be rewarded! These crochet patterns are snuggly and oh-so-warm! Pro tip: Work with chunky or super bulky yarn to help speed up the process!
Editor's Fave, Relaxing Rainbow Crochet Blanket: The colors of this radiant rainbow blanket never fail to make me smile! The repetitiveness of the double crochet stitches and different colored stripes will ease your stress in no time.
- 5 1/2 Hour Throw
- Brighton Blanket
- Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw
- Dragonfly Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Easy Jeweled Continuous Granny Square Afghan Pattern
- Grandma's Lap Blanket
- Lacy V-stitch Ripple Afghan
- Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanket
- Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Luscious Lace Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Magnolia Afghan
- Makin' Squares Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Mindless Crochet Scrapghan
- Navajo Inspired Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghan
- Quickest Granny Stripe Crochet Afghan
- Rainbow Diamonds Crochet Granny Square Afghan
- Relaxing Rainbow Crochet Blanket
- Snow Queen Blanket
- Tunisian Entrelac Throw
- World's Easiest Afghan
Whether you are expecting a baby, or know someone who is, this is a fabulous resource for you to find your next crocheted afghan. If you've never crocheted an afghan before, don't worry; it's really quite easy to learn how to crochet a blanket for babies. How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers
Crochet Bag Patterns
Crochet bag patterns are a fun way to flex your crochet skills beyond dishcloths, scarves, and blankets, but still easy enough to tackle for amateur crocheters. Crochet totes are always popular, but this year readers also loved pretty crochet purse patterns.
Editor's Fave, Crochet Cross Body Bag: I don't know about you, but I don't even bother with bags without crossbody straps so I can keep my hands free! This casual and elegant purse looks as stylish as something from a pricey boutique, but it can be made at home.
Crochet hats are a must-make for many crocheters - they're quick and simple projects that everyone always needs in the winter, and they're endlessly customizable. Only four hats made our best-of list this year - but each one of them is an awesome and versatile pattern.
Editor's Fave, Candy Floss Beanie: Brighten up even the dreariest of cold days with the cheerful candy colors of this cute beanie. It is also a super simple pattern that even beginners can make in no time at all.
Crochet for the Home and Kitchen
Can guests tell you crochet the moment they walk into your home? If not, it's time to get started on one of these crochet patterns for the home or the kitchen. These cute crochet home accents will add a touch of charm to any living space.
Editor's Fave, Crochet Organizer Caddy: Never lose the remote again with this handy crochet organizer! This functional organizer caddy slips easily over the arm of your favorite chair or the couch to keep all of those little odds and ends within arm's reach.
Liven up your countertops, racks, or walls with unique crochet washcloths made by you that are so easy to show off. Give them as gifts and reward someone else with your creativity, especially since it won't even take you very long to work up any one of these cute, fun patterns. 47 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns
Crochet ponchos were bigger than ever in 2020, and these ponchos were your favorites! Loose and airy, these garments are the perfect piece to just toss on over a tee or a tank for a quick cover-up. You can even wear these over a long-sleeve shirt to be even warmer!
Editor's Fave, Boho Poncho: There's something about the effortless style of this pattern that I can't stop staring at, and the flirty fringe adds a bohemian touch to this design. I need one!
Crochet Scarves and Cowls
Crochet scarves and cowls are a must for any experienced crocheter! The scarves and cowls that made the list of our top 100 patterns are some of our absolute faves. Choose from any of these beginner-friendly designs you'll love, from a loopy fashion scarf to simple and airy designs.
Editor's Fave, Aurora Borealis Crochet Scarf: This stunning scarf has all of the beauty of the Northern Lights, like a painting made of yarn! The bulky yarn is warm and cozy, and the self-striping yarn does all of the colorwork for you.
Crochet Shawls and Crochet Wraps
Bigger than your typical scarf and so warm and cozy to wrap around yourself, crochet shawls and wraps are just as popular as scarves to make! These designs were some of your favorites this year, and all feature simple, repeating patterns anyone can handle. These wraps are stylish and warm and are the perfect little coverup for anything from a holiday party to a chilly day in the office.
Editor's Fave, A One Skein Wrap: Not only is this shawl pattern very easy to work up, but it made with just a single skein of yarn. It looks ultra stylish wrapped around the shoulders, or wrapped around your neck like an ultra-cozy scarf.
- A One Skein Wrap
- Around Town Crochet Ruana Wrap Pattern
- Beautiful Bridal Shawl
- Boho Light Crochet Shawl
- Crochet Ombre Shawl
- Downton Abbey Dowager Shawl
- Easy Dreamy Shawl
- Flirty Pink Shell Shrug
- Happily Ever After Shawl
- Irish Crochet Shawl
- Lazy Weekend Crochet Shawl
- Magic Spell Shawl
- Princess Diana Vintage Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Summer Morning Shawl
Crochet Sweaters and Crochet Tops
So many gorgeous sweaters and tops made our best-of list this year, and they are all fan favorites! Sweaters and tops are a little trickier than scarves and hats since they require more precise measurements and shaping, but a cozy handmade sweater or top will always get you attention and compliments.
Editor's Fave, Cozy Blanket Cardi: The worst part of working up a cozy blanket is that you can't wear it like a sweater—until now! This incredibly cute and comfy cardigan will make you feel like you're walking around in an afghan, but in a stylish way.
- 1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan Pattern
- Bright and Beautiful Crochet Tunic
- Cozy Blanket Cardi
- Crochet Sweater Blanket
- Curvy Girl Cable Crochet Cardigan
- European Goddess Tunic
- Flattering Seamless Tunic
- Lacy Off the Shoulder Sweater
- Light Mod Mesh Crochet Cardigan / Sweater
- Mermaid Filigree Cardigan
- Victorian Romance Cardigan
- White Spider Lace Jacket
Other Crochet Patterns: Accessories, Slippers, and More!
Finally, we have a little bit of everything in this section. These patterns are the designs that didn't quite fit elsewhere, but don't let that deter you! Choose a cozy crochet slippers pattern, or a pretty little flower to add to any project you crochet.
Editor's Fave, One Hour Slipper: Shell stitch is so fun to crochet, and these slippers couldn't be quicker or easier to make. Raid your yarn stash for worsted weight yarn in your favorite color, then make a pair for yourself and everyone else you know!
- 3 Minute Crochet Butterfly Pattern
- Beautiful Crocheted Christmas Angel
- Classy Hibiscus Flower
- Divine Crochet Angel (Free Pattern)
- DIY Face Mask to Crochet
- Easy Classic Granny Square
- Floral Kaleidoscope Crochet Square
- Forever Fabulous Flowers
- Lacy Snowflake Pattern
- One Hour Crochet Slippers
- One Hour Slipper
- Rainbow Sherbert Socks
- Super Simple Crochet Flower Pattern
Rather than spending an arm and a leg (or an arm and an arm) on sweaters, why not crochet the perfect sweater? 35+ Crochet Sweater Patterns
Top 12 Crochet Blogs for Beginners
What was your favorite crochet project of 2020? Tell us in the comments below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
The season of fall makes things like pumpkin lattes and falling leaves incredibly popular. If you want your style to stand out this… Continue reading: "Autumn Butterfly Cardiganvideocam"
- 2021 Mystery Crochet Along
- Super Easy Summer Sun
- Stash Buster Yarn Bowl
- 2770+ Free Crochet Patterns
- Top 12 Crochet Blogs for Beginners
- 28 Crochet Patterns Using Mandala Yarn
- Peter Pan Collar Crochet Pattern
- Cable Bucket Wrap
- Color Pop Mittens Crochet Pattern
- Our Favorite Free Crochet Patterns of 2020
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- C2c Lion
- How to Crochet With Different Yarn Weights
- Triangle Granny Bandana
- Hayfield Tank Top
- 45 Red Heart Unforgettable Crochet Patterns
- Spring Heather
- Summer Sweet Watermelon
- Tshirt Yarn Crochet Trivet Potholder
- Window Pane Crochet Stitch Pattern
- The Avery Beanie
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters