Our Favorite Free Crochet Patterns of 2019
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
There's no better time to reflect on the past than at the start of a new year, and that's exactly what we're going to do here today! We at AllFreeCrochet love sharing free patterns with you all, so it's always exciting to look back and see which of our thousands of patterns you all loved the most. We're used to seeing some of our tried and true faves in our yearly recaps, but sometimes trends get so big that some brand new patterns make their way onto our lists.
Enjoy our list of the top 100 crochet patterns of 2019 - from crochet afghans and shawls to crochet ponchos and crochet patterns for the home, a little bit of everything made its way onto this list.
What do you think - did we include your favorite pattern?
Subscribe to our newsletter for amazing crochet patterns delivered to your inbox daily!
Table of Contents
Crochet Baby Blankets
Baby blankets are a little more manageable than regular afghan designs since they're so much smaller, and you guys really love them too since so many of them made our best-of list! From rectangular crib blankets to colorful afghans and heirlooms you'll pass down from generation to generation, these little designs are amazing shower or birthday gifts!
Editor's Fave, Easiest Baby Blanket Pattern Ever: This effortless baby blanket might just be the simplest afghan pattern ever! It's worked up in crocheter favorite Bernat Blanket Yarn, which is super soft and quick to crochet.
- Addicting Crochet Baby Blanket
- Cuddly Teddy Bear Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Double Diamond Baby Blanket
- Easiest Baby Blanket Pattern Ever
- Ever So Striped Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Heirloom Baby Blanket
- Mom's Favorite Chevron Crochet Baby Blanket
- One Skein Lilac Blanket
- Pink Shell Baby Blanket
- Rockabye Baby Granny Square Blanket
- Sea Blue Baby Afghan
- Sugar & Shine Baby's First Afghan
Crochet Afghan Patterns and Blankets
Crochet blankets and afghan designs are pretty standard patterns but are definitely on the ambitious end due to how long they can take to complete. If you have the patience and the time to work one of these up, though, you'll definitely be rewarded! These crochet patterns are snuggly and oh-so-warm! Pro tip: Work with chunky or super bulky yarn to help speed up the process!
Editor's Fave, Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw: The colors of this radiant rainbow throw never fail to make me smile. This pattern works up like one giant granny square, so it is a great mindless pattern for couch potatoes like me.
- 5 1/2 Hour Throw
- Brighton Blanket
- Citrus Smoothie Throw
- Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw
- Dragonfly Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Grandma's Lap Blanket
- Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanket
- Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Luscious Lace Crochet Blanket
- Magic Granny Square
- Makin' Squares Blanket
- Mindless Crochet Scrapghan
- Navajo Inspired Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Quickest Granny Stripe Crochet Afghan
- Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghan
- Relaxing Rainbow Crochet Blanket
- Snow Queen Blanket
- Tunisian Entrelac Throw
- World's Easiest Afghan
Whether you are expecting a baby, or know someone who is, this is a fabulous resource for you to find your next crocheted afghan. If you've never crocheted an afghan before, don't worry; it's really quite easy to learn how to crochet a blanket for babies. How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers
Crochet Bag Patterns
Crochet bag patterns are a fun way to flex your crochet skills beyond dishcloths, scarves, and blankets, but still easy enough to tackle for amateur crocheters. Crochet totes are always popular, but this year readers also loved pretty crochet purse patterns.
Editor's Fave, Mary Poppins Inspired Magic Crochet Bag: This ingenious crochet bag pattern combines t-shirt yarn and an open mesh weave for a magically expanding design. If you can never seem to get out of the house without bringing a whole bunch of stuff with you, this bag is going to be your new favorite companion.
Crochet hats are a must-make for many crocheters - they're quick and simple projects that everyone always needs in the winter, and they're endlessly customizable. Only three hats made our best-of list this year - but each one of them is an awesome and versatile pattern.
Editor's Fave, Snow Drift Crochet Hat: Super bulky yarn is used for this cute hat, which works up in a flash. The dreamy blue color of this hat packs a punch of color to brighten up even the dreariest of cold days. It is also a super simple pattern that even beginners can make with no sweat.
Crochet for the Home and Kitchen
Can guests tell you crochet the moment they walk into your home? If not, it's time to get started on one of these crochet patterns for the home or the kitchen. These cute crochet home accents will add a touch of charm to any living space.
Editor's Fave, Grape Cordial Crochet Basket: Keep your clutter organized in style with one of these easy and adorable baskets. The stylish leather handles add a special touch to this pattern, so it looks way more expensive than it actually is to crochet.
Liven up your countertops, racks, or walls with unique crochet washcloths made by you that are so easy to show off. Give them as gifts and reward someone else with your creativity, especially since it won't even take you very long to work up any one of these cute, fun patterns. 47 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns
Crochet ponchos were back and bigger than ever in 2019, and these seven ponchos were your favorites! Loose and airy, these garments are the perfect piece to just toss on over a tee or a tank for a quick cover-up. You can even wear these over a long-sleeve shirt to be even warmer!
Editor's Fave, Boho Poncho: There's something about the effortless style of this pattern that I can't stop staring at, and the flirty fringe adds a bohemian touch to this design. I need one!
Crochet scarves are a must for any experienced crocheter! Surprisingly, only six of our patterns made the list, but we think they're some of our absolute faves. Choose from any of these beginner-friendly designs you'll love, from a loopy fashion scarf to simple and airy designs.
Editor's Fave, Sparkly Ocean Crochet Infinity Scarf: A dreamy turquoise color yarn with sparkly accents makes this simple infinity scarf pattern shine. The stitch pattern results in a light and lacy pattern that works for all seasons.
Infinity scarves are incredibly stylish, and this collection is the best of the best! 17 Crochet Infinity Scarves You Need In Your Wardrobe
Crochet Shawls and Crochet Wraps
Bigger than your typical scarf and so warm and cozy to wrap around yourself, crochet shawls and wraps are just as popular as scarves to make! These ten designs were some of your favorites for 2018, and all feature simple, repeating patterns anyone can handle. These wraps are stylish and warm and are the perfect little coverup for anything from a holiday party to a chilly day in the office.
Editor's Fave, Super Simple Shawl Pattern: Not only is this shawl pattern very easy to work up, but it is very versatile. It looks ultra stylish wrapped around the shoulders, or worn like a triangle scarf. Another bonus? This pattern only uses one ball of Red Heart's Colorscape yarn!
Crochet Sweaters and Crochet Tops
Only five sweaters and tops made the best-of list this year, but they are all fan favorites! Sweaters and tops are a little trickier than scarves and hats since they require more precise measurements and shaping, but a cozy handmade sweater or top will always get you attention and compliments.
Editor's Fave, Victorian Romance Cardigan: You'll never find a crochet sweater like this one in stores. The intricate details give this pattern a vintage flair that is hard to come by in modern designs.
- 1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan Pattern
- Baby Rainbow Cardigan
- Boat Neck Pullover Sweater
- Cozy Blanket Cardi
- Crochet Sweater Blanket
- Curvy Girl Cable Crochet Cardigan
- European Goddess Tunic
- Flattering Seamless Tunic
- Joyful and Jubilant Jumper
- Lacy Off the Shoulder Sweater
- Light Mod Mesh Crochet Cardigan / Sweater
- Mermaid Filigree Cardigan
- Reading Room Crochet Sweater
- Totally Warm Crochet Jacket Pattern
- Victorian Romance Cardigan
- Wrap It Up Crochet Sweater
- White Spider Lace Jacket
Other Crochet Patterns: Accessories, Slippers, and More!
Finally, we have a little bit of everything in this section. These patterns are the eight designs that didn't technically fit elsewhere, but don't let that deter you! Choose a cozy crochet slippers pattern, or a pretty little flower to add to any project you crochet.
Editor's Fave, Easy Classic Granny Square: Every crocheter should know how to make a granny square, and this extra easy pattern is a classic. Use your squares to create a pretty granny square afghan, or for any other project you have in mind!
- 3 Minute Crochet Butterfly Pattern
- 15 Minute Headband
- Easy Classic Granny Square
- Floral Kaleidoscope Crochet Square
- Forever Fabulous Flowers
- Grandma's Simple Slippers
- Lorelei the Lady Bug
- Magical Pillowghan
- Nosey Cozy Crochet Nose Warmer
- One Hour Crochet Slippers
- One Hour Slipper
- Rainbow Sherbert Socks
- Super Simple Crochet Flower Pattern
- Winter Opulence "Granny" Square pattern
Rather than spending an arm and a leg (or an arm and an arm) on sweaters, why not crochet the perfect sweater? 35+ Crochet Sweater Patterns
Top 12 Crochet Blogs for Beginners
What was your favorite crochet project of 2019? Tell us in the comments below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
- Crochet Lilac Flowers
- 2770+ Free Crochet Patterns
- A Message from The Editors of AllFreeCrochet
- Cleanly Crochet Back Scrubber
- Thea Poncho
- 32 Royal Crochet Patterns
- 11 Free Stash Busters eBook
- Our Favorite Free Crochet Patterns of 2019
- 47+ One Skein Crochet Patterns
- 30+ Free Caron Cakes Crochet Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Emilia Ear Warmer
- Penelope Sideways Shawl
- Mountain Hideaway Throw
- Crochet Snowman Christmas Dog Bandana And Headband
- Crochet Sanitizer Cozy
- Picture Wreath Ornament
- Crochet Christmas Tree Potholder
- Picot Flower Doily Coaster
- Windy Day Head Scarf
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters