FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions
There are plenty of ways that we can work together! We're always looking for new talent to help write guest blog posts, create content for us, assist with product reviews, and more. Read all about the possible ways you can work with AllFreeCrochet here.
Hooked on Crochet is a FREE email crochet newsletter published by the editors of AllFreeCrochet.com. We publish Hooked on Crochet four times per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday with a Saturday weekend wrap up). The editors at AllFreeCrochet.com also publish 3-5 bonus Hooked on Crochet issues each week with special offers. Each of the standard issues revolves around a crochet theme, such as Homemade Crochet Patterns, Crochet for Special Occasions or Crochet Decor. Here is what is included in each and every issue of Hooked on Crochet:
- 9-50 Crochet Patterns
- Featured Crochet Patterns
- Related Crochet Patterns
- Book Reviews and Giveaways
- Facebook, YouTube and Twitter updates
Many people contact us asking how to subscribe for Hooked on Crochet. Signing up for the free crochet newsletter Hooked on Crochet is simple. Just go to our Newsletter Subscriber Page and fill in your information. You can also click Subscribe at the bottom of any page at AllFreeCrochet.com to get to this sign-up form.
We support the Hassle-Free unsubscribe at AllFreeCrochet.com. To unsubscribe from the crochet email newsletter, you can simply click the “Hassle-Free Unsubscribe” image at the bottom of any issue of Hooked on Crochet or click the Unsubscribe link also provided at the bottom of each mailing. You can also unsubscribe at the website here.
Please visit the following link in order to change your email address for newsletter subscriptions.
Please note that if you also have a site account for a pattern box, you will need to log in and change your email address under “My Account.”
Our Crochet Patterns Box is a neat tool that allows you to save your favorite crochet patterns from AllFreeCrochet.com and store them in one organized place. Our easy how-to guide will help you get started.
1. Click the Tools menu. (On a Mac, click the Firefox menu.)
2. Select Options. (On a Mac, select Preferences.)
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Select the 'Accept cookies from sites' checkbox.
5. Click the OK button.
1. Click on the Tools menu (located at the upper right hand corner of the browser, next to the search bar.)
2. Select Settings.
3. Click "Show advanced settings."
4. Under the Privacy header, click the "Content settings..." button.'
5. Select "Allow local data to be set (recommended)."
6. Click "Done."
Internet Explorer 10 and 11
1. Click the "Tools" button.
2. Click "Internet Options."
3. Click the "Privacy" tab, and then, under "Settings," move the slider to Medium or Low.
4. Click "Apply."
Internet Explorer 6 or 7
1. Click the Tools menu.
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Click the Default button (or manually slide the bar down to 'Medium').
5. Click the OK button.
1. Click the Safari menu.
2. Select Preferences.
3. Click Security.
4. In the 'Accept Cookies' section, select Always.
*If you have cookies enabled but use certain features such as SafeSearch, you may also need to allow third-party cookies such as those from AllFreeCrochet.
See your patterns and crochet tips published on AllFreeCrochet.com! You can submit your original projects and tutorials by using our Share Your Project form. Projects must include a photo and must be your own original creations. Projects are reviewed by our editorial staff and are added based on timeliness, quality, and overall need on the site. If/when your project is added, you will receive an email containing the link to your uploaded tutorial. Use this form and submit your projects today!
As a new feature on the site, we will be creating designer profiles for designers with two or more projects on the site. To see examples of what the profiles will look like, see the Crochet Designer profiles on AllFreeCrochet.com. We will need a short bio and photo. This is a great way to gain traffic to your blog or site! If you already have two or more projects and would like a profile, just contact us.
AllFreeCrochet eBooks are free, downloadable crochet pattern collections organized around a theme. These eBooks are PDF documents that can be downloaded off our website, saved to your computer, and/or printed out for easy reference while crafting. We think eBooks are a great way to offer a free collection of crochet patterns and ideas to our users. For more advantages to eBooks, see our eBook Guide. One of our recent free eBook's was a great collection of crochet afghan patterns from Red Heart Yarn. You can find our latest collection of crochet eBooks here.
Go to our Free Crochet eBooks page and click on the eBook that interests you. You will need Adobe to access our eBooks, but you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. For help downloading the eBooks, see our eBook Guide. You will also find links to patterns, diagrams and other resources in crochet patterns published in the eBooks. If a link in a PDF crochet pattern does not work, type in the project name into the search box at our website to locate the project and please contact us.
American Needlepoint Guild
CHA: Craft and Hobby Association
Craft Yarn Council of America
Crafty Kate Going Crazy
Diamond Crochet and Crafts
Karp Styles Crochet and Knitting
Lion Brand Yarn
National NeedleArts Association
Red Heart Yarn (Coats and Clark)
If you want to link to AllFreeCrochet.com just follow this link and learn how. If you'd like AllFreeCrochet to link to your website or blog, consider submitting a crochet pattern. Designers who submit two or more projects to AllFreeCrochet are eligible for a designer profile, which can include links to your blog, website, Facebook fan page, Etsy shop, etc.
The AllFreeCrochet.com editorial team loves giving away crochet products to our readers. Every Wednesday, we feature a new contest to win a crochet related prize. These crochet books and products are reviewed by our testing team. You can enter the contest via the entry form on the contest page. See all current and upcoming giveaways here.
Weekly giveaways last two weeks. Winners are notified by email, and they have two weeks to send back their affidavits in order to claim the prize. Once those two weeks have passed we will pick a different winner. In addition to standard entry via the form on the contest page, we will give you an extra entry in the contest for EACH of the following items:
- We will give you an extra entry if you blog about the giveaway at your blog. Contact us with a link to the blog post.
- We will give you an extra entry if you tweet about the giveaway. Use the tweet button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
- We will give you an extra entry if you post about the giveaway on Facebook. Use the Like button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
You can look for new giveaways in the newsletter every Thursday. For more specific rules regarding a giveaway, please see the Rules link at the bottom of any contest page.
To ensure that the email we send you ends up in your inbox, and isn't mistakenly sent to the junk folder, please whitelist our email address, which is mail@AllFreeCrochet.com. For instructions on how to do so, click here.
If you want to disable browser (Copush) notifications, please visit this link to learn how.
Our mail servers send e-mail through primenewsletters.com or favecrafts.com for all of our web properties. For a complete list of our e-mail newsletters please visit www.primenewsletters.com or our subscriber center.
Updated April 24, 2015
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet