We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Your newborn will never sleep more soundly with the Rockabye Baby Granny Square Blanket. This granny square baby blanket is worked up with a lot of love and pastel colors to soothe your baby and lull him or her to sleep. The colors are gender neutral -- purples and greens -- so that if you are crocheting this pattern for a baby shower and the gender hasn't been announced, you don't have to worry about the colors being correct. Any expecting mother would love this crochet granny square blanket.
Hungry for more granny square afghans? Check out our free eBook: Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeIn Pattern Stitch, 22 sts = 6/15cm
Finished SizeApprox. 31
- Caron One Pound:
- Contrast A Lavender Blue (0613) 1
- Contrast B Lilac (0577) 1
- Contrast C Soft Sage (0580) 1
- Contrast D Pale Green (0587) 1
- One size US J-10 (6mm), or size to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle
Chain (ch), double crochet (dc), half double crochet (hdc), slip stitch (sl st), treble crochet (tr)
picot: Ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook.
- Blanket is made from 42 squares, 14 each of square 1, square 2, and square 3.
- Squares are made in same manner, with RS facing throughout, in three different color combinations.
- Squares are arranged according to assembly diagram, and sewn together.
SQUARE 1 (make 14)
With A, ch 6; sl st in first ch to form a ring.
Round 1 (RS): Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), 2 dc in ring, ch 2, [3 dc in ring, ch 2] 3 times; join with sl st in top of beginning ch. Fasten off.
Round 2: With RS facing, join B with sl st in any ch-2 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same ch-2 sp (corner made), ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp (corner made), ch 1; repeat from * around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch—24 dc, 4 ch-2 sps, and 4 ch-1 sps (4 corners). Fasten off.
Round 3: With RS facing, join C with sl st in any corner ch-2 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same corner ch-2 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next corner ch-2 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; repeat from * around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch— 36 dc, 4 ch-2 sps, and 8 ch-1 sps (4 corners with 3-dc on each side). Fasten off.
Round 4: With RS facing, join D with sl st in any corner ch-2 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same corner ch-2 sp, [ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp] twice, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next corner ch-2 sp, [ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp] twice, ch 1; repeat from * around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch—48 dc, 4 ch-2 sps, and 12 ch-1 sps (4 corners with two 3-dc groups on each side). Fasten off.
SQUARE 2 (make 14)
Work same as square 1, working Round 1 with B, Round 2 with C,
Round 3 with A, and Round 4 with D.
SQUARE 3 (make 14)
Work same as square 1, working Round 1 with C, Round 2 with A,
Round 3 with B, and Round 4 with D.
With RS facing, arrange squares as shown in assembly diagram.
Whipstitch squares together.
Round 1: With RS facing, join A with sl st in any corner ch-2 sp of blanket, 2 sc in same corner ch-2 sp, sc in each dc and ch- sp around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc.
Round 2: Ch 1, sc in same sc as joining, *(tr, picot, tr) in next sc (corner), dc in next sc, hdc in next sc, sc in next sc, hdc in next sc, dc in next sc; repeat from * around; join with sl st in first sc. Note: If needed, skip 1 or 2 sts or work 2 sts into one st, to ensure that a (tr, picot, tr) is worked in each corner.
Using yarn needle, weave in ends. Block gently, if desired.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Even if you've never heard of spider lace crochet, you should check out this White Spider Lace Jacket. It's fun, versatile, and light… Continue reading: "White Spider Lace Jacketvideocam"
Sea Blue Baby Afghan
Easiest Baby Blanket Pattern Ever
Lavender Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
Gray Grandma Baby Blanket
Feather and Fan Baby Blanket
Ever So Striped Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
Wild Daisies Baby Blanket
Sugar & Shine Baby's First Afghan
Cuddly Teddy Bear Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
Baby Bubbles Crochet Afghan Pattern
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Zesty Coasters
- Easy Cross Front Top
- Twist Me Pretty Top
- Solid Shell Stitch Cowl
- Bumpy Face Scrubby
- My Brother’s Beanie Tutorial
- Loopy Love
- Dainty Rose Crochet Garland Pattern
- Parent and Child Crochet Belt Bags Pattern
- Keyring Pouch
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet