8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
47+ One Skein Crochet Patterns
One skein wonders like these are crocheter favorites!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
We’ve all been there: you’re digging through your yarn stash and come across a single skein of a yarn you love, but just haven’t found the right pattern. No matter how beautiful the color or soft the fibers, it can be challenging to figure out what to crochet with one skein of yarn.
If you have been saving a special skein, it can be especially tricky to find the perfect pattern to show it off. Between the one skein crochet scarves, hats, and patterns for baby in this collection of 47+ One Skein Crochet Patterns, you’re bound to find a pattern to inspire you. Even if you have the largest yarn stash in the world, who can resist crochet patterns for 1 skein of yarn like those in this collection?
If you cannot resist scooping up a pretty skein of yarn you spot in the clearance bin, or have a habit of over-buying at yarn fairs, you might have more yarn than you know what to do with. Personally, I hate having to go out for more yarn while I’m in the middle of a big project like a crochet afghan, so I always buy a little more than needed for the pattern.
Those leftover skeins of yarn start to add up, but thanks to these one skein projects, you’ll be on your way to a clearer stash in no time. Plus, since these patterns use only one skein of yarn, they are perfect to take along on a trip, or spend a mindless night stitching while watching television.
Subscribe to our newsletter for amazing crochet patterns delivered to your inbox daily!
BONUS! A one skein crochet afghan might sound like an impossible dream, but this One Skein Mini Crochet Blanket Pattern will make your dreams come true. Plus, there is even a video tutorial to show you how to crochet this pattern.
Table of Contents
One Skein Crochet Scarves
Every crocheter knows there is no such thing as too many scarves! One of the best ways to use up a single skein of yarn is to work up a scarf, which can also help freshen up your wardrobe. Even if you have a drawer full of scarves, there is always space for one more!
- Classy and Quick One Skein Scarf
- One Skein Infinity Scarf
- Island Lace Crochet Scarf
- Parisian Ruffle Scarf
- 90 Minute Scarf
- Pink Hope Scarf
- Indigo One Skein Scarf
- Aesthetic Hooded Scarf
- Bumpy Popcorn Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Reversible Cable Scarf
- Sensational Scarf
- Solomon Knot Mobius Scarf
- Hooded Infinity Scarf
- Frosted Berry Infinity Scarf
If one skein wonders are your favorite, but you love color, you need to see these patterns using Caron Cakes yarn. This lovely, variegated yarn is affordable and versatile, and a great way to use color in your designs without weaving in lots of ends. 30+ Free Caron Cakes Crochet Patterns
One Skein Crochet Hat Patterns
There is something so satisfying about being complimented on your hat and being able to say "thanks, I made it!" Hats are a wonderful way to use up a skein of yarn since there are so many patterns that use just one skein–heck, there are some patterns that use even less.
Crochet One Skein Wonders for Baby
Babies are such a wonderful blessing, and sometimes it seems like everywhere you turn, there is a brand new baby to shower with love and crochet. Whip up a one skein baby pattern like these hats, booties, and blankets, for a baby shower gift that will not take too much time or yarn. Both mama and baby will be sure to love these patterns!
- One Ball Baby Blanket and Hat
- Easy Baby Flopsy Hat
- Stylish Eskimo Baby Hat
- 30 Minute Newborn Beanie Hat
- The Parker Crochet Baby Booties
- One Ball Mini Throw
- Easy Ombre Baby Blanket
- One Skein Lilac Blanket
- Crochet Baby Sweater
- One Skein Mini Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Only Just Born Hat
- Modern Circle Preemie Blanket
If you're always struggling to come up with great baby shower gifts, look no further than this collection of crochet newborn patterns. You can find crochet baby booties, baby blanket patterns, crochet baby hat patterns, and many other patterns that will make the best crochet baby shower gifts. 60+ Crochet Newborn Patterns for a Baby Shower
One Skein Crochet Shawl Patterns
Is there anything more satisfying to crochet than a shawl that uses just one skein of yarn? With fabulous variegated options like Caron Cakes yarn, Red Heart's It's a Wrap yarn, and Lion Brand's Shawl in a Ball yarn, you can create a multicolored masterpiece without using more than one skein.
22+ Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns
What is your favorite type of crochet project to use up a single skein of yarn?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
- Ashley Headband
- Bobble Stitch Boot Cuff Crochet Pattern
- 2770+ Free Crochet Patterns
- 30+ Free Caron Cakes Crochet Patterns
- Color Pop Mittens Crochet Pattern
- Peter Pan Collar Crochet Pattern
- Our Favorite Free Crochet Patterns of 2019
- 47+ One Skein Crochet Patterns
- Nosey Cozy Crochet Nose Warmer
- One Skein Cowl Crochet Pattern
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet