8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
How to Crochet Owls: 58 Crochet Owl Patterns
By: Christine Weiher, Editor for AllFreeCrochet
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
By popular demand and many hours of gushing over this cuteness, we have come up with a collection of crocheted owls. If you don't know how to crochet owls then we're here to give you a head start. Most of these crochet patterns start out with the magic ring and are worked in the round.
When we think of owls, we think of other woodland creatures hopping about the woods and flying in the trees. We also tend to pair owls with babies. Crocheted owls have somehow become the symbol of babies; you see them on baby clothes, baby crochet hats, and even turned into crochet owl amigurumi animals and used as wall decor. There's just something so sweet and innocent about owl wall decor in a baby's nursery. What's even sweeter is when you can crochet owls for your little one. Using your creativity, fun pastel crochet colors and a free crochet owl pattern from us, you can work one up all your own! Owls are a hoot!
Table of Contents
In 8 Adorable Crochet Amigurumi Patterns, you will find the cutest little crochet patterns to make for yourself or a special child: 8 Adorable Crochet Amigurumi Patterns
Crochet Owl Baby Patterns
Crochet baby patterns are already cute, but you know what would make them even cuter? Owls! These crochet owl baby patterns will let you keep your little one warm and cozy, in owl-style! From their heads down to their tippy toes, these baby patterns are too cute and so simple! These are perfect gift ideas for a baby shower or just as a birthday or Christmas gift.
- Owl Baby CocoonCrochet baby cocoon patterns are perfect for your little one's first photo shoot. It'll also keep baby safe, warm and cozy swaddled in your arms.
- Snuggly Owl Lovey BlanketThis is a favorite of all the kids. They'll love snuggling with their new blankie day in and day out. Make one for your expectant friend.
- Wise Owl Baby BibEnjoy meal time in adorable style with this too-cute baby bib!
- Handmade Owl Lovey BlanketWhen you're around babies enough, it's safe to assume they will always be comforted by their blankie. This Handmade Owl Lovey Blanket will do just the trick.
- Owl Crochet Baby BootiesYou'll know the answer to "Hoo's the cutest?" when you slip these Owl Crochet Baby Booties on your little one's feet. We love the pom poms on the front and the bright colors, so we know you will love them too.
- Baby Owl BootiesThese precious Baby Owl Booties are such a "hoot!" Make these for your own little bundle of joy, or crochet a pair for an expectant friend.
- Owl and Owl Princess GraphsHaven't you looked at crochet patterns and thought, "This would be much better with an owl on it"? You can finally put an owl on anything with this free crochet pattern, Owl and Owl Princess Graphs. Add an owl on your next baby blanket for a personalized gift for your little one.
Crochet Owl Hats
If you want to learn how to crochet owls, then I think hats are the way to go. Free crochet owl hat patterns are absolutely adorable and make amazing photo props for your little one. Use the braided ties on either side for a more detailed look. Your kids, babies and even yourself will have a great time in these hats.
- Baby Owl HatBaby hats don't get much cuter than this adorable Baby Owl Hat. Worked in the round, this free crochet hat pattern includes instructions for three different sizes: 3 months, 6 months, and 2-3 years.
- Crochet Owl HatMake your newborn a cute little Crochet Owl Hat. The braided tails are a great way to help keep the hat on baby's head.
- Baby Owl Leg Warmers and Hat SetThis adorable Baby Owl Leg Warmers and Hat Set is a hoot! Designed for a six-month-old baby, this free crochet pattern also includes a diaper cover, so your baby will be matching head-to-toe in this cute crochet design.
- Unforgettable Owl Newborn Crochet HatEven though your baby probably doesn't need any help looking adorable, this Unforgettable Owl Newborn Crochet Hat definitely wouldn't make it worse. Use this baby beanie crochet pattern for photo shoots or just for winter warmth to keep baby warm and snuggly through all the cold months.
- Adorable Owl Crochet Baby HatThe Adorable Owl Crochet Baby Hat is a super cute way to keep your little one's head warm and toasty. The crochet baby hat pattern has ear flaps, so your child's ears will stay protected from the elements.
- Bright Baby Owl HatWhat makes this Bright Baby Owl Hat stand out from all the others? The pom-pom ear flaps really take this easy crochet baby hat into cuteness overload. When a regular owl just won't do, go big and bright with this crochet baby hat.
- Owl BeanieWith all the cold winters and all the snow, there's always time to make free crochet hat patterns like this Owl Beanie. The hat fits a small child, but you can find a way to make it an adult size if you wish.
- Preemie/Newborn Sleepy Owl HatThis preemie/newborn sleepy owl hats is neutral for a girl or boy! This popular owl hat is easy to make with worsted weight yarn and a G crochet hook.
- Owl Crochet HatLearn how to make this darling crochet owl hat with an easy step by step photo tutorial. This cute owl hat will make a great gift for baby shower.
Crochet Owl Coasters
Add the owl love to every room in your house with these crochet owl coasters and kitchen washcloths.
- Crochet Owl CoasterEnjoy this Owl Coaster Pattern! It's perfect for your home or to give as a gift.
- Owl Dish ScrubbieReady to look forward to doing your dishes? A smile in inevitable if you are cleaning those dishes with this adorable little owl scrubby! Efficient and cute this little guy will be your friend so you never have to do the dishes alone again!
- Olga OwlsOwls are super popular! Join the crazy with this adorable set.
- Owl Always Love You DishclothThis sweet owl has three heart elements as his beak and wings, however, you could make it in any colors and it would be perfect to use even long after Valentine’s Day. Stitch up a few for your kitchen, to give as housewarming gifts, and for hostess gifts, too.
Crochet Owl Appliques
Crocheted owls come in all sizes, shapes, designs and colors. Some of the cutest crochet owls are the unexpected ones. If you find a pattern for a crochet owl applique then you should whip it up to add to a plain beanie, bag or piece of clothing. Luckily, we have provided you with some cute patterns. Learn how to crochet owls in different forms.
- Little Owl AppliqueThis Little Owl Applique is the perfect quick crochet project to work up and add to an existing project. You can add this adorable little owl to a hat or a scarf if you are getting bored with your winter wardrobe. This free crochet pattern would look great added to a blanket, too.
- Owl Hat AppliqueThis owl hat applique crochet pattern is super cute. You can use any color yarn, but this pattern shows two different options.
- Tiny Owl AppliqueThis tiny little owl is a simple little crochet owl applique embellishment. This little guy can perch on just about any crochet project you can dream of.
- Crochet OwlMake this adorable Crochet Owl for you or a friend. Use it as an embellishment on a hat, bag or piece of clothing. You can simply leave it as is also. The pattern is worked in rounds, just follow the crochet instructions.
- Grama's Tree Owl TrioThis pattern features an adorable trio of owls, with their little branch to hang out on. It's the perfect embellishment to add to any project! Make one size, or make them all!
- Pineapple Crochet Owl OrnamentGet ready for your new favorite ornament: the Pineapple Crochet Owl Ornament. This crochet owl pattern can be used in many different ways, too. It can be an ornament, a bookmark, an applique and even a garland or bunting.
- Crochet Owl Candy Cane OrnamentThis little guy will look fun and festive hanging on your tree (or even on your wall!), and when he is paired with a buddy he holds a sweet treat. These would be a cute teacher present, or an exciting gift for a classroom prize.
Crochet Owl Amigurumi Patterns
Make one, make two or make them all! Crocheted owls are perfectly plush to wrap your arms around and snuggle with. We have crochet owls you can make to use as toys for children or cute crochet designs to use as home decor. Expand your crochet skills today and learn how to crochet your own toys and home decor. Make crocheted owls the new symbol of your home with the help of these free crochet owl patterns.
- Cute Cuddly OwlMake a Cute Cuddly Owl for that sweet child in your life. Amigurumi crochet patterns are so fun to make because they truly come alive when you give them a face.
- Owl AmigurumiFollow the crochet instructions provided to make an adorable Owl Amigurumi. Your little ones will love this new addition. You can certainly crochet one for your owl-loving friend, too.
- Owl FamilyAmigurumi patterns are so fun to work up because you can really make them come to life. An Owl Family like the one provided can be kept all to yourself or given to someone who loves owls.
- Vibrant Party OwlsIt's time to party it up with these Vibrant Party Owls because you know they'll be a hoot. Three brands of yarn are used in bright neon crochet colors, which makes this design fantastic.
- Owl Toy Free Crochet PatternOwls are such a fun design trend right now, so this Owl Toy Pattern offers a great way to capitalize on one of the most popular animal crafts. Kids can snuggle up with it to use as a pillow or carry it around as a stuffed animal.
- Easy Crocheted OwlThis Easy Crocheted Owl is a hoot! Make this little guy in any colors you wish, providing many hours of playtime for you or a child. Single crochet is worked in rows while double crochet is worked in rounds.
- Cute Crochet OwlUse this free crochet pattern from Bernat to make a fun owl toy. It's an easy crochet pattern you will enjoy making for yourself or someone else.
- Banjo the Woodland OwlThis little owl is made in a few pieces: body, head, wings, tail and feet. All quick and easy!
- Kaleidoscope Owl Crochet PillowIf you or someone you know loves to collect owl figurines, then the Kaleidoscope Owl Crochet Pillow simply must be on the top of your crochet project list. Featuring an assortment of crochet stitches and bright colors, this crochet pillow is anything but ordinary.
- Pipsqueak OwlMade with Bernat Pipsqueak yarn, this owl makes a soft baby shower gift or toy for a child. This amigurumi owl is made in continuous rounds, then filled with rice and fiberfill.
- Patchy the Owl AmigurumiWith owls being a pretty big trend lately, this Patchy the Owl Amigurumi figure is a little different than others you might work up.
- Baby Snow OwlThis baby snow owl is sure to bring smiles to whoever it meets. With it's fuzzy baby feathers and big eyes, she is sure to be a hit!
- Oversized Crochet Owl PillowOwl patterns are very popular right now, and if you want to theme your child's room with this cute little animal, then an oversized crochet owl pillow will complete the look perfectly.
Crochet Owl Baskets and Purses
You could always use some more storage options in your life, so why not choose from these owl crochet baskets and purses? Whether you're after some larger crochet baskets to store some yarn or extra toys, or you want a crochet owl change purse to carry your loose change around in, you'll find your next storage solution here.
- Crochet Owl OrganizerWho says organizing has to be boring? This Crochet Owl Organizer is the perfect little project to help tidy up your home.
- Hanging Owl Crochet ContainerThis one-of-a-kind project is such a cutie. The Hanging Owl Crochet Container is made with Lion Brand BonBons yarn so that it is easy to switch between colors. You can even substitute worsted weight yarn if you would prefer to make a bigger owl.
- Hooty Owl Crochet BasketsPut some personality into your home decor with these adorable Hooty Owl Crochet Baskets from Premier Yarns. Not only do they help you stay organized, but they are also just so cute to have around the house.
- Adorable Crochet Owl BagCreate this Cute Owl Bag Pattern no time. This bag is cute for anyone who loves owls or just for fun! Children loves to carry fun bags around, and it will give them somewhere to put their toys!
- Retro Owl PurseLadies, you'll love this Retro Owl Purse crochet pattern. It's the perfect size to carry your daily essentials. The basic bold colors shown here give it a retro style, which we love, but feel free to switch up the colors to suit your own personal look.
- Precious Owl PouchThis Precious Owl Pouch is the cutest little crochet pattern ever. It's just the right size for keeping your various prized possessions safe and sound.
- Owl Coin Purse PatternThis Owl Coin Purse Pattern is a hoot! Work up a crochet owl and create the perfect place to stash your change and other tiny objects.
More Crochet Owl Patterns
We have so many amazing crochet owl patterns that it was hard to categorize each and every one of them... so let me present the best of the rest. These crochet patterns span from owl crochet granny squares to owl sleep masks, owl crochet pillows to owl cozy patterns. Find your next owl accessory here!
- Sleepy Owl MaskForget counting sheep at night; let the owls help you get some shut-eye this evening with this cute Sleepy Owl Mask.
- Owl Granny SquareMake multiple Owl Granny Squares to turn into an adorable baby blanket.
- Wise Owl CozyMake your morning cup of coffee more enjoyable with this Wise Owl Cozy. Dress up your mug with this easy crochet pattern.
- Wee Hoot Owl CharmThis adorable little amigurumi crochet pattern is sure to brighten your day. The Wee Hoot Owl Charm would look adorable hanging from a keychain.
- Little Owl PillowOwls never go out of style. This Little Owl Pillow makes the perfect accent pillow. This free crochet pattern would look fantastic worked up in colors that match your living room and displayed on the couch.
- Owl Obsessed Crochet CozyOwls seem to be an ever growing trend, especially in the craft world. Hop on the wagon and try out this Owl Obsessed Crochet Cozy that perfectly fits apples or other small circular fruits and veggies.
- Crochet Owl HeadbandLearn how to make a headband with this free pattern. Make sure you measure your child's head before starting in order to make a snug-fitting headband.
- Trendy Owl Boot CuffComplete your outfit with this Trendy Owl Boot Cuff. Learn how to crochet boot cuffs that have a little owl looking out right above the top of the boot to add some personality to your style.
- Electronic Owl CozyUse this Electronic Owl Cozy to keep all of your precious gadgets protected. This free crochet pattern was written as a cell phone cozy, but you could likely customize it to also fit a Kindle or iPad Mini tablet.
- Woodland Owl Granny SquareThe Woodland Owl Granny Square is a part of the Woodland Afghan Series but may also be used alone for an Owl themed blanket. Safety eyes are used for this pattern, but can easily be substituted with a french knot for the eyes.
- Sleepy Owl Ear WarmerWhen the winter frost is nipping at your nose, the one and only thing you wonder about is how to crochet ear warmers. Leave the wonder behind and crochet this adorable Sleepy Owl Ear Warmer.
Crochet amigurumi bring so much to the table. From adorable stuffed toys to life-like representations, amigurumi patterns are always a delight to work up, especially when they can be used for festive decoration! 40 Holiday Amigurumi Patterns: Christmas, Halloween, and More!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Very Easy Crochet Butterfly
- How to Crochet Owls: 58 Crochet Owl Patterns
- Fine Harbor Fog Barefoot Sandals
- Flaunty Flared Crochet Skirt
- 100 Best Crochet Patterns of 2016
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns eBook
- Crochet Mandala Jar Topper
- 15 Stress-Free Crochet Patterns
- Stash Buster Yarn Bowl
- Table Cover
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet