14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
50 Beginner Crochet Hat Patterns
Find a simple crochet hat or several to make, whether you're new to crochet or not.
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Beginners: Learn how to crochet a hat in no time!
Hats serve a variety of purposes. They keep your head and ears warm in the winter or cool in the summer, they cover up a bad hair day (or, let's face it guys, a no-hair day), and they add the perfect finishing touch to an outfit.
Hats can protect your hair, scalp, and ears from the sun's harmful rays and keep the light out of your eyes, too. Keep your baby's head warm in cool weather with a snug little cap.
You can make any of these patterns because they are especially for beginners who are new to crochet. Even if you are an experienced crocheter, these beginners crochet hat patterns will be a snap to make for any occasion.
Crochet hats come in so many different styles and purposes! Beyond your normal crochet beanie patterns, you have the ever-trendy crochet slouch hat, the sunhat, little beanies for babies and hats for cancer patients.
If you love these patterns, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to get amazing crochet patterns like these delivered to your inbox every day!
PLUS: Check out this video tutorial for crocheting a beginner friendly slouchy crochet hat. Follow along, step by step, to see just how it's done... then keep scrolling for more fantastic beginner hat patterns!
Table of Contents
How to Crochet a Beanie: Beginner Unisex Patterns
Crochet beanies are the trusty and standard classic crochet hats, and their unisex style means that they're perfect for everyone! These simple crochet hats never go out of style, so learn how to crochet a beanie for the whole family.
Whether you need a crochet hat pattern for the harsh winter winds, like the Super Chunky Hat, or you need to make a quick and simple Christmas gift for your husband or boyfriend, these crochet beanie patterns are the best.
Some of these basic beanies can even be used as stylish and easy hats for cancer patients. Now there's a thoughtful and useful gift idea!
- Half Double Crochet Hat Pattern
- Summer Breeze Beanie
- Faux Cable Knit Crochet Hat
- Basic Chunky Hat Crochet Pattern
- Have Hope Hat
- Quick & Easy Men's Hat
- Single Crochet Beanie for Beginners
- Classically Cute Crochet Beanie
- Crochet Slouch Hat
- Berries Jubilee Hat
- Snowboarders Slouchy Hat
- The DC Beanie
- Boys Simple Striped Hat
- Emily Crochet Hat That Looks Like Knitting
- Sweet Hugs Hat
- Basic Bulky Beanie
- Oh Boy Slouchy Beanie Hat for Beginner
- Simple Double Crochet Bulky Hat
If you can't get enough of these hat patterns, be sure to check out our free eBook 14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
Free Crochet Hat Patterns for Women
Work these beginner crochet hat patterns up when you need a stylish breath of fresh air. These trendy hat patterns will instantly light up any fall or winter outfit you wear, such as adorable pom-pom-topped crochet beanies, like the Simple Pompom Hat.
There are also crochet slouchy hats for windy days or any bad hair day, like the Beginner Easy Village Slouch. Learn how to crochet a hat and stay on-trend this fall and winter.
- Snow Drift Crochet Hat
- Scalloped Hat and Wrap Around Cowl
- Simple Pompom Hat
- Gumdrop Slouchy Hat
- Favorite Style'n Slouch Beanie
- Calypso Slouchie Hat
- Ladies Berries & Bow
- Lolly-Poms Ribbed Crochet Beanie
- Kitty Cat Beanie Hat
- Beginner East Village Slouch Hat Pattern
- 30 Minute Beginner Slouchy Hat
- Tender Reina Crochet Hat
- Quick and Easy Messy Bun Hat
For more wintery crochet patterns, check out our amazing collection of 32 Crochet Messy Bun Hat Patterns
Summer Hats to Crochet
Learn how to crochet a hat for summer! Even on the hottest days, you'll need some form of a hat to protect your head or shade your eyes - these crochet hat patterns are perfect for sunny days and spring and summertime adventures.
From crochet sun hats, like the pictured Summer Joy, to crochet lace hats, these delicate and airy crochet hat patterns can stand up to the harsh rays of the sun. Use lighter weight yarn and breezy, airy patterns to work up these versatile hat patterns.
Do you love crochet baby hats? Are you looking for more fun, easy crochet hats to make? Try out these 16 Crochet Baby Hat Patterns
Easy Crochet Baby Hat Patterns for Beginners
Crochet hat patterns for kids are so fun to make, especially since babies and kids can get away with wearing adorable animals. Plus, these hat patterns are much smaller so they take less time to work up!
These crochet baby hats and kid hat patterns will make your child's day. Crochet one of these beginner crochet baby hats for a fall or winter day, or make a quick Halloween costume using one of these crochet hat patterns, like the too-cute Little Bear Hat.
- Circus Scrap Hat
- Friendly Frog Crochet Hat
- Baby Cocoon and Hat
- Toddler Pumpkin Hat
- Easy Newborn Hat
- Animal Hat
- Baby Boy's Block Hat
- Fall Harvest Beanie
- Infant/Toddler Santa Hat
- Super Chunky Hat
- Crochet Slouch Hat
- The Parker Newborn Hat
- Basic Baby Hat
- Fuzzy Crochet Bonnet
- Beginner Blue Baby Beanie
- Little Bear Hat
- Newborn Crochet Hat
Do you want some easy crochet hat patterns? Be sure to check out our newest collection of 29 Easy Crochet Hat Patterns
What is your favorite crochet hat style?
Images from other crochet readers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Wavy Shells Mittens
- Snuggler Cardigan Crochet Sweater Cocoon
- Down the Chimney Crochet Gift Bags
- Snowy Ridges Full or Messy Bun Hat
- Festive Crochet Christmas Tags
- Wilton Gray Men Scarf
- Scrappy Stripes Triangle Shawl
- Easy DIY Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Dandelion Tunic Dress
- Clamshell Lace Waterfall Vest
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet