This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Easy Breezy Visor Hat
"The Easy Breezy Sun Hat is a fast and easy project that is easy project that can be completed in few hours. Also, this is easy to customize and in no time, you can make yourself a hat that you’d cherish for long. This Hat is perfect for days when you are out in the sun for a walk or in your garden to protect you from the sun. The easy Breezy Visor hat would make a great gift for your loved ones in colors of your choice."
Crochet HookE/4 or 3.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge20 sts over 18 rows = 10 cm
square/4” made in sc
Finished SizeToddler (Child, Teen and Adult)
- Sirdar Snuggly DK, #3 light weight (100% Cotton, 116 yards/106 m per 1.8 oz/50g Ball)
- 1(1, 1, 1) Ball in Sky Blue
70 (80, 90, 100) yards
- Yarn needle
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Any #3, #4 or #5 weight of yarns can be substituted, make your starting chains a good fit around your head.
- Chains at the beginning of Rounds or Rows do not count as a stitch.
Section 1: Band
Round 1: Ch 70 (74, 82, 88) join with a sl st to first ch, ch 1, sc in each ch around, join with a sl st to ch 1. 70 (74, 82, 88) sc
Rounds 2 - 5: Ch 2, hdc in each st across, join with a sl st to top of ch 2. 70 (74, 82, 88) hdc
Section 2: Brim
- Fold into 2
- Place stitch marker on 1st and 35 (37, 41, 44) stitches, working between the 2 stitch markers, continue below.
Row 1: Ch 1, sc in each st till second stitch marker, sc in stitch with the marker, turn. 35 (37, 41, 44) sc
Row 2: Ch 1, sc2tog, *sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, rep from * 6 (7, 8, 9) more times, sc in next 3 (1, 1, 0) st(s), sc2tog in last 2 sts, turn. 40 (43, 48, 52) sc
Row 3: Ch 1, sc2tog, *sc in each st till last 2 sts, sc 2tog, turn. 38 (41, 46, 50) sc
Rows 4 – 12: Rep Row 3.
Stitch count for Row 12 = 20 (23, 28, 32) sc
Or till you have a comfortable Brim.
Row 13: Join yarn with a sl st to first st marker, ch 1, sc in each edge and across to the second st marker, turn
If using wire or fishing line, do not fasten off, continue to Row 14.
If leaving your Visor as it is or stiffen fasten off.
- Leave the hat as it is.
- Stiffen it with;
- Fabric stiffener
- Hair spray
- Add Fishing line to the last round.
- Add wire.
Measure and cut out the required wire/fishing line, add about 3”.
Row 14: Ch 1, working over the over wire/fishing line, sc in each st across the brim, continue to the band till last 10 sts, wrap your duct tape around both ends of the wire/fishing line, sc in last 10 sts.
You can also add wire/fishing line to the upper part of the hat.
Suggested starch options –
- Commercially prepared “fabric stiffeners”
- Hair spray, watered down glue
- Laundry starch
- Kitchen cornstarch
Allow to dry.
Read NextQuick and Easy Chunky Beanie