16 Crochet Baby Hat Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
As I watch my daughter sleep in her little chair I think of all the adorable hats and hoods I've already put her in at only three months old. Between Halloween and Christmas pictures and everyday fleece outfits, there are just too many to choose from. Of course they're all just as cute as the next one, but I very much enjoy the crochet baby hat patterns I see in stores. I'm loving owls for her so when I see the "hoot" hats I just have to giggle to myself.
Crochet baby hats look cute on boys and girls and allow you to get very creative with them. Whether they have a long tail to them or pom poms on the top, you can design them in any fashion using just the right crochet stitches. Easy crochet baby hats are the best to make because you can whip them up in a short period of time. For birthdays or gift giving occasions you can find the perfect crochet baby hat patterns in this collection for tots!
Keep your baby warm with hats as well as blankets by downloading our free eBook, How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
Easy Crochet Baby Hats
As mentioned before, easy crochet baby hats are great to work up when you have limited time. If you have a baby or a toddler you'll fall in love with these patterns. These crochet hats are great for grandparents to give to their little ones, too. Using bright colors that'll look great on your little one choose from these fabulous designs.
- One Skein Stocking HatThis One Skein Stocking Hat is one of the most adorable crocheted hat patterns ever. Your kids will look absolutely precious whenever they wear it. This crocheted hat would make an excellent holiday gift for the special little elves in your life.
- 30-Minute BeanieIf you have a few spare moments, you have just enough time to whip up this 30-Minute Beanie for babies. This quick and simple crochet pattern is just what all babies need in the fall and winter season. This crochet design uses the seamless method and offers instructions to follow if you're unsure of how to do this.
- "Just Like Daddy" Infant HatMake your baby and his Dad look like twins with this "Just Like Daddy" Infant Hat. All you need is one skein of worsted weight yarn for this crochet pattern. This particular hat fits babies 0-3 months; simply use bulky yarn and a larger hook to make a larger hat.
- Baby Boy's Block HatWelcome a new baby into the world with this adorable and soft crocheted baby beanie. Created with Bernat Softee yard, this baby hat is sure to comfort any newborn baby and keep their head cozy.
- Baby Hat with Pom PomsA free crochet baby hat pattern is the perfect quick and thoughtful gift for someone or your very own little one. This Baby Hat with Pom Poms is a funky and fun crochet project. It can even be adjusted for larger sizes.
- Chunky Baby BeanieKeep your baby's head warm and toasty this winter with this Chunky Baby Beanie. The flower detail makes it perfect for baby girls. It's an easy crochet pattern and would make an excellent gift for a new mom.
- Tutti Frutti Toddler HatMulticolored pompoms make this cute crocheted hat perfect for any baby. The pattern directions for the Tutti Frutti Toddler Hat are written to fit a 12-month-old, but could easily be adjusted for other ages. Four different colors of worsted weight yarn are needed to complete this free crochet pattern. It is worked in the round and the pompoms are tied on once the hat is crocheted.
- Crochet Mohawk Faux-HawkIf your kids like to be silly then you must work up this Crochet Mohawk Faux-Hawk; they'll love it! This hat is full of textured patterns and will look adorable on your little one. Crochet instructions are provided for baby to adult, so you can be silly with them, too.
Character Crochet Baby Hats
By following certain crochet stitches you can easily work up fun character crochet baby hats. And by character I mean all the little animal hats you see in stores. No surprise, the owl ones are my favorite. Free baby crochet hat patterns give you a sense of satisfaction once the character starts to take shape.
- Baby Bird HatCrocheted baby hats can truly be one of a kind and perfect for photo ops. This Baby Bird Hat is not only super cute, but you'll love working it up. Using two main colors of yarn and the half double crochet stitch, baby can be wearing this hat in no time. This would also make a precious baby shower gift for an expectant friend or family member.
- Baby Berry HatThis Baby Berry Hat is the perfect gift for any newborn baby. Play around with the colors to make a blueberry or raspberry hat. This crochet pattern is made to fit a head circumference of 13-14 inches. It's easy to resize, if needed.
- Crochet Monkey HatHave some fun with your little baby, monkey around with them while they wear this silly Crochet Monkey Hat. The pattern includes directions on how to make this free crochet hat pattern for ages six to twelve months. This would also make an excellent homemade gift idea for a baby shower or birthday.
- Crochet Owl HatMake your newborn a cute little Crochet Owl Hat. The braided tails are a great way to help keep the hat on baby's head. Free crochet hats like this are great to make as gifts, especially for a baby shower.
- Crochet Strawberry HatIf you like strawberries, then you're going to love this Crochet Strawberry Hat. Babies look especially cute in this hat, but there are sizes available for adults, preemie babies, and everything in between. Step-by-step instructions and pictures are available to help you complete this easy crochet pattern.
- Hershey Kiss HatThis free baby hat pattern is scrumptious! A Hershey Kiss Hat will look sweet on any newborn. It would make a wonderful baby shower gift.
- Mickey and Minnie Crochet HatsDress your newborn in Mickey and Minnie Crochet Hats. The crochet instructions are specifically for newborns, but gives tips on how you can make them bigger. Baby crochet hats like this are great for photo props for baby's first photo shoot.
- Cookie Monster Baby HatLooking for an easy crochet baby gift? This adorable crochet Cookie Monster hat is the perfect accessory for the little one in your life. Not only is this hat easy to make, but it's also very quick in preparation. This hat is an essential project for beginners or any crochet lover who wants a simple and quick crochet hat pattern. The quality of this hat is impressive for its easy construction, and it is the perfect winter accessory.
Don't just stick to hats! Crochet adorable things for your baby to play with from our collection of 18 Homemade Baby Toys to Crochet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Mini Bows
- Crochet Geometric Crop Top
- Crochet Mesh Loop Triangle Scarf
- Crochet Hungry Monster Candy Bag
- Fall Harvest Coaster Set
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- Criss-Cross Chunky Crochet Beanie
- Just Peachy Baby Cocoon
- The Kristie Cardi
- Pumpkin Patch Bear
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet