41 Easy Breezy Cardigan Crochet Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Forget diamonds, purses, and shoes, cardigans and sweaters are really a woman's best friends! During the summer, there's always the question in the back of your mind of whether or not you should bring a sweater anywhere, especially if you know that place will be cranking up the air conditioning. You don't want to have to lug around a crochet sweater everywhere when you may not even need it, but with these 41 Easy Breezy Cardigan Crochet Patterns, you'll always have a lightweight crochet cardigan pattern on hand. These summer crochet patterns will keep you warm in the A/C or on windy nights and they're ever so fashionable. Choose from lacy crochet cardigan patterns, everyday simple cardigans, bold designs - or make them all!
We've also included some of our favorite colder-weather cardigan patterns. These heavier cardigans are definitely thicker and heavier than the feature patterns in this collection, but they're perfect for ice-cold movie theaters, shopping malls, and the always-too-cold air-conditioned office rooms.
Want to start off with a cozy, oversized shawl before diving into cardigans and sweaters? Check out this video tutorial for the cozy shawl of your dreams!
Table of Contents
Take a look around these fun summer crochet wearables to find the best pattern for you: 19 Summer Crochet Ideas: Crochet Hats, Tops, and Crochet Jewelry
Crochet Lace Cardigan Pattern
Crochet lace patterns can seem difficult to make, but they're really not, especially once you've gotten the hang of the specific crochet stitches being used. Lacy patterns make amazing easy breezy cardigans because the yarn is lighter and there is more space between stitches. You can dress up any outfit for a date night or a night out with friends with a crochet lace pattern cardigan.
These types of lacy crochet cardigan patterns are also the easiest to carry around in a bag or purse since they are so lightweight. Add instant style with one of these cardigan patterns.
- Autumn Butterfly CardiganAdd a sweet shell edging to the edges of your sweater once you're finished - watch this video tutorial to learn how!
- Mermaid Filigree CardiganMake this beautiful Mermaid colored Filigree Cardigan for the fall season. It's an elegant design that will flatter any body type. The edging around the sweater is just exquisite and the button closure gives you the option of wearing it open or closed with a cami underneath.
- Chevron Lace CardiganThis free crochet pattern is very customizable. You determine the length and width of this chevron lace sweater by trying it on as you crochet, and you can add long or cap sleeves.
- Light Mod Mesh Crochet Cardigan / SweaterStylish as can be, this crochet cardigan can be worn year-round. You'll love wearing this cute little number while spending an evening out or even while running errands. This adorable crochet item can be worn with many items in your wardrobe!
- Shining Star Lace Crochet SweaterLike the brightest sky in the night's sky, the Shining Star Lace Crochet Sweater will truly make you stand out from the crowd. You can wrap yourself in style with this light beige crochet pattern. The longer length and three-quarter length sleeves make it the perfect topper for a variety of seasons.
- Lacy JacketInstead of a sweater, try working up this perfectly simple lace summer top!
- Lace Fabric SweaterThis particular free crochet pattern requires 2.5 and 3.0 mm crochet hooks to complete. This dainty lace fabric sweater can be dressed up or down depending on what you pair it with.
- Popular Zen JacketThis jacket is a perfect all-year design - don't delay, make this crochet sweater today!
- Victorian Romance CardiganThis crochet sweater is both comfy and beautiful with the lace made from foundation single crochet and the shell stitch. The instructions include sizing from small to xx large, so anyone can wear this wonderful sweater.
- Barcello JacketIf a cardigan seems a little too intense, try a simple oversized crochet shawl instead - see this video tutorial to learn how!
- Breezy Bamboo Crochet Cardigan PatternEnjoy the summer no matter if it's day or night in this Breezy Bamboo pattern. An easy breezy sweater pattern like this one is rare, and your hooks will be itching to get hold of this pattern.
- Crochet New CardiganLight and breezy as can be, this crochet cardigan will be your new favorite item to wear in warmer weather!
Crochet Cardigans for Everyday Wear
You shouldn't need a million sweaters for the summertime, so look around and find your perfect summer cardigan pattern from these easy breezy anytime cardigans. Pick a crochet cardigan pattern that is stylish yet versatile enough to go with any outfit at a moment's notice and you'll have your new summer wardrobe staple.
- Light Crochet CardiganStitched using a mesh pattern and in a soft and pretty white yarn, this crocheted cardigan is a project you will work up more than once as your friends will see it and want one too.
- Spring Crochet CardiganLight and airy, this spring sweater will keep you just warm enough.
- Granite Open CardiganUsing RED HEART Boutique Changes in Granite, you can make this Open Cardigan; it's an easy crochet pattern. Granite is the perfect fall color to use for a cardigan like this one.
- Simple Springtime CardiganThis Simple Springtime Cardigan works up quickly as it's an easy crochet pattern. Dress it up or dress it down, this is one pattern you'll want in your wardrobe this season.
- Ripple Wrap CardiganThis crochet Ripple Wrap Cardigan can be worn many different ways. Let it hang open or tie it up for a cropped look.
- Light as a Feather CardiganThis Light as a Feather Cardigan is the perfect addition to any woman's wardrobe. It's the perfect thing to wear to work over your sleeveless dress or tank.
- Crochet Short JacketShort and funky, this cropped sweater is youthful and vibrant. The cute details down the sleeves add interest and charm to this free crochet pattern.
- Summer Diamonds Kimono CardiganThis Summer Diamonds Kimono Cardigan is created from 7 balls of We Are Knitters Cotton Wool 100% Pima Cotton yarn, which makes for a wonderfully draped cardigan that is light and cool to the touch. It's perfect for chilly offices and balmy summer evenings.
- 1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan PatternThis crochet pattern will transport you back over 50 years in time! You'll go slack-jawed over the 1941 Shell Stitch Cardigan. You'll probably be too excited about this vintage pattern to even read anything on this page.
- Cap Sleeve Open CardiganNeed that perfect sweater for warm summer nights out? Well, this Cap Sleeve Open Cardigan is exactly what you're looking for. This crochet pattern is easy breezy both in technique and style. You won't be too warm or not warm enough if there's a slight breeze in this crochet cardigan pattern.
- Kram CardiThe Kram Cardi is presented as a crochet-along. It is written for sized XS-3X. The construction is simple but flattering. It uses worsted weight yarn and a H hook.
- Mountain Ridge CardiBefore you run out the door for an evening out or to run errands, throw on this super stylish and comfortable cardigan! After you make this crochet pattern, you'll find that you will wear this cardigan over and over!
Bold Crochet Cardigans
Who said cardigans can't be bold? Add a bright color, buttons, ruffles, or turn them into vests for easy breezy crochet sweater patterns. Don't be afraid to show off with a piece of clothing as seemingly humble as a cardigan. You'll spark some interest in your outfit, show off your killer personality, and keep out the wind with any of these cardis.
- Modern Purple Striped CardiganLet this cropped cardigan keep you warm when the wind blows. This Modern Purple-Striped Cardigan from Better Homes and Gardens is easy to dress up or down.
- Go Anywhere Short Sleeve CardiganLet this Go Anywhere Short Sleeve Cardigan take you to places you've never been! You can enjoy the ride or walk pretty much anywhere with an easy breezy crochet cardigan pattern like this one.
- A crochet pattern is a gateway to your creative side. Ruffled Crochet Cardigan is a great way to bring in the falling of the leaves this fall. Keep warm and look cute!
- Geisha JacketThe Geisha Jacket is a beautiful sweater that will keep you warm and trendy. Free crochet patterns like this one can end up being your favorite item of clothing.
- Romantic Ruffled CardiganThis is a fairly easy pattern and I think would make a great Christmas cardigan especially if done in a beautiful metallic red or green or even a snowy white color.
- Over Sized Olive JacketIf you're looking for a beautiful crochet pattern to wear in the winter then this Over Sized Olive Jacket is the pattern for you.
- Rockin' Lacy Duster Crochet PatternGet into the summer groove with this Rockin' Lacy Duster Crochet Pattern! It's got everything you could possibly want in a sweater: lace, motifs, floral designs, and it's lightweight.
Colder-Weather Crochet Cardigans
If you need a little more bulk to your cardigans, no matter the weather, we've gathered a selection of chunkier crochet cardigans for you to wear.
- Curvy Girl Cable Crochet CardiganFeel comfortable in your own skin even when it's cold outside with the Curvy Girl Cable Cardigan. You'll be super cozy in this worsted weight masterpiece of a cardigan. Layer it over a long-sleeved shirt and under a jacket to be extra warm this winter. It would be great for throwing over things in the fall as well, especially if you like to sit outside at night when the breeze is blowing autumn leaves around.
- Reading Room Crochet SweaterGet cozy as you curl up with a good book on the couch. This Reading Room Sweater is the perfect hanging out design.
- Orange Creamsicle Hooded CardiganThe Orange Creamsicle Hooded Cardigan has a vibrant personality to breathe fresh life into any cold winter day. With an easy granny square assembly, this crochet cardigan pattern feels like the best combination of blanket and sweater pattern. The addition of the hood makes this piece perfect for the coldest of icy breezes, and the pocket, trim, and button options give you endless room for variation on a classic design.
- Napa Belted JacketThis multi-colored crochet jacket is a real feast for the eyes; it's also a treat for the senses!
- Overcast Crochet SweaterThis hooded sweater is the cutest cardigan for holidays.
- Terrifically Teal Crochet Jacket PatternEveryone loves items of clothing that can do double duty and this Terrifically Teal Crochet Jacket Pattern is no exception. You can dress this shawl collar jacket up or down in order to create the perfect look.
- Totally Warm Crochet Jacket PatternThis new crochet pattern will be your new favorite piece of apparel, introducing the Totally Warm Crochet Jacket Pattern. You can wear this jacket by itself on a cool fall day or if it's not too cold during the winter.
- Autumn SpiceThis free crochet pattern is for a cute little cropped cardigan that will put you in the right frame of mind for fall. The rich red color is great for autumn, and the medium weight yarn will keep you warm.
- Vintage Striped JacketThis Vintage Striped Jacket from Red Heart is certainly a one of a kind free crochet jacket. The bright stripes are done in Super Saver yarn in five bold colors. It's a warm jacket for the intermediate crocheter.
- Gigi Hadid Crochet CardiganYou will look like you just stepped off the runway when you create this stylish cardigan! You'll love the assortment of crochet granny squares in this pattern, too.
When the temperature starts dropping as summer departs, you'll want to look at these
Cardigans or sweaters? Which do you like best?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet