41 Easy Breezy Cardigan Crochet Patterns
By: Nichole Pientka, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Plus, scroll down and comment for a chance to WIN - 4/18 - 5/2!
Forget diamonds, purses, and shoes, cardigans and sweaters are really a woman's best friends! During the summer, there's always the question in the back of your mind of whether or not you should bring a sweater anywhere, especially if you know that place will be cranking up the air conditioning. You don't want to have to lug around a crochet sweater everywhere when you may not even need it, but with these 41 Easy Breezy Cardigan Crochet Patterns, you'll always have a lightweight crochet cardigan pattern on hand. These summer crochet patterns will keep you warm in the A/C or on windy nights and they're ever so fashionable. Choose from lacy patterns, everyday simple cardigans, bold designs - or make them all!
We've also included some of our favorite colder-weather cardigan patterns. These heavier crochet cardigans are definitely thicker and heavier than the feature patterns in this collection, but they're perfect for ice-cold movie theaters, shopping malls, and the always-too-cold air-conditioned office rooms.
Table of Contents
Get complete your outfit with more summer crochet patterns in this collection of 19 Summer Crochet Wearables: Crochet Hats, Tops, and Crochet Jewelry
Crochet Lace Cardigan Pattern
Crochet lace patterns can seem difficult to make, but they're really not, especially once you've gotten the hang of the specific crochet stitches being used. Lacy patterns make amazing easy breezy cardigans because the yarn is lighter and there is more space between stitches. You can dress up any outfit for a date night or a night out with friends with a crochet lace pattern cardigan. These types of crochet cardigans are also the easiest to carry around in a bag or purse since they are so lightweight. Add instant style with one of these cardigan patterns.
- Autumn Butterfly CardiganThe season of fall makes things like pumpkin lattes and falling leaves incredibly popular. If you want your style to stand out this year, do so with this Autumn Butterfly Cardigan crochet pattern. Look stylish, keep from getting chilly, and get ready for fall with this crochet cardigan pattern.
- Mermaid Filigree CardiganMake this beautiful mermaid colored Filigree Cardigan for the fall season. It's an elegant design that will flatter any body type.
- Chevron Lace CardiganThis free crochet pattern is very customizable. You determine the length and width of this chevron lace sweater by trying it on as you crochet, and you can add long or cap sleeves. Finish with your favorite buttons and accessories.
- Light Mod Mesh Crochet Cardigan / SweaterStylish as can be, this crochet cardigan can be worn year-round. You'll love wearing this cute little number while spending an evening out or even while running errands. This adorable crochet item can be worn with many items in your wardrobe!
- Shining Star Lace Crochet SweaterLike the brightest sky in the night's sky, the Shining Star Lace Crochet Sweater will truly make you stand out from the crowd. The longer length and three-quarter length sleeves make it the perfect topper for a variety of seasons and the neutral colors work well with both jeans and more polished outfits.
- Lacy JacketThis crocheted Lacy Jacket looks just like something you would buy at the mall! It's a great layering piece to wear any time of the year. Plus, the bright blue color is a quick and easy way to add a pop of color to any outfit.
- Lace Fabric SweaterThis dainty lace fabric sweater can be dressed up or down depending on what you pair it with. Wear it with a winter dress or skirt for a more formal look, or dress it down with a pair of blue jeans if you're going for a more casual feel. It's a great addition to any girl's winter wardrobe.
- Popular Zen JacketThis beloved crochet Zen Jacket is one of the most popular crochet patterns we've seen around. It's lightweight and you can make one for any season.
- Victorian Romance CardiganThis crochet sweater is both comfy and beautiful with the lace made from foundation single crochet and the shell stitch. The instructions include sizing from small to xx large, so anyone can wear this wonderful sweater.
- Barcello JacketThis long and lacy sweater will add a bit of style to your look. Made with a size H crochet hook and light weight yarn, this free crochet pattern is perfect for intermediate crocheters. Featuring slightly flared sleeves and a long body length, this lacy open-front jacket is the ideal spring top. Wear it over a simple tank top for a casual touch or drape it over a basic dress for a night out.
- Breezy Bamboo Crochet Cardigan PatternEnjoy the summer no matter if it's day or night in this Breezy Bamboo Crochet Cardigan Pattern. An easy breezy crochet sweater pattern like this one is rare, and your hooks will be itching to get hold of this pattern.
- Crochet New CardiganLight and breezy as can be, this crochet cardigan will be your new favorite item to wear in warmer weather!
Crochet Cardigans for Everyday Wear
You shouldn't need a million sweaters for the summertime, so look around and find your perfect summer crochet cardigan pattern from these easy breezy anytime cardigans. Pick a crochet cardigan pattern that is stylish yet versatile enough to go with any outfit at a moment's notice and you'll have your new summer wardrobe staple.
- Light Crochet CardiganStitched using a mesh pattern and in a soft and pretty white yarn, this Light Crochet Cardigan is a project you will work up more than once as your friends will see it and want one too.
- Spring Crochet CardiganLight and airy, this spring sweater will keep you just warm enough. The step-by-step instructions are easy enough for even a beginner to follow. Show off your talent; make yourself a sweater!
- Granite Open CardiganUsing RED HEART Boutique Changes in Granite, you can make this Open Cardigan; it's an easy crochet pattern. Granite is the perfect fall color to use for a cardigan like this one.
- Simple Springtime CardiganThis Simple Springtime Cardigan works up quickly as it's an easy crochet pattern. That said, it's the perfect crochet pattern to flaunt during the spring season. Not only do the colors go nicely together, but the short sleeves have a bit of a puff look to them giving it a fun design. Dress it up or dress it down, this is one pattern you'll want in your wardrobe this season.
- Ripple Wrap CardiganThis crochet Ripple Wrap Cardigan can be worn many different ways. Let it hang open or tie it up for a cropped look.
- Light as a Feather CardiganThis Light as a Feather Cardigan is the perfect addition to any woman's wardrobe. It's the perfect thing to wear to work over your sleeveless dress or tank. This lightweight cardigan is the perfect crochet pattern to make for summertime.
- Crochet Short JacketShort and funky, this cropped sweater is youthful and vibrant. The cute details down the sleeves add interest and charm to this free crochet pattern.
- Summer Diamonds Kimono CardiganThis Summer Diamonds Kimono Cardigan is created from 7 balls of We Are Knitters Cotton Wool 100% Pima Cotton yarn, which makes for a wonderfully draped cardigan that is light and cool to the touch. It's perfect for chilly offices and balmy summer evenings.
- 1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan PatternThis crochet pattern will transport you back over 50 years in time! You'll go slack-jawed over the 1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan Pattern. You'll probably be too excited about this vintage pattern to even read anything on this page.
- Need that perfect sweater for warm summer nights out? Well, this Cap Sleeve Open Cardigan is exactly what you're looking for. This crochet pattern is easy breezy both in technique and style.
- Kram CardiThe Kram Cardi is presented as a crochet-along. It is written for sized XS-3X. The construction is simple but flattering. It uses worsted weight yarn and a H hook.
- Mountain Ridge CardiBefore you run out the door for an evening out or to run errands, throw on this super stylish and comfortable cardigan! After you make this crochet pattern, you'll find that you will wear this cardigan over and over!
Bold Crochet Cardigans
Who said cardigans can't be bold? Add a bright color, buttons, ruffles, or turn them into vests for easy breezy crochet sweater patterns. Don't be afraid to show off with a piece of clothing as seemingly humble as a cardigan. You'll spark some interest in your outfit, show off your killer personality, and keep out the wind with any of these cardis.
- Modern Purple Striped CardiganLet this cropped cardigan keep you warm when the wind blows. This Modern Purple-Striped Cardigan from Better Homes and Gardens is easy to dress up or down. Pair with jeans or a skirt for a stylish and homespun outfit.
- Go Anywhere Short Sleeve CardiganLet this Go Anywhere Short Sleeve Cardigan take you to places you've never been! It's not difficult to work up and it's an incredibly soft yet lightweight sweater for the spring or summer.
- Ruffled Crochet CardiganA crochet pattern is a gateway to your creative side. Ruffled Crochet Cardigan is a great way to bring in the falling of the leaves this fall. Keep warm and look cute!
- Geisha JacketThe Geisha Jacket is a beautiful sweater that will keep you warm and trendy. It's the perfect free crochet pattern that will take you from office appropriate to dinner date in no time.
- Romantic Ruffled CardiganThis is a fairly easy pattern that would make a great Christmas cardigan especially if done in a beautiful metallic red or green or even a snowy white color. Perfect for those holiday gatherings. Will look equally chic with a pair of skinny jeans or your go-to LBD for holiday parties.
- Over Sized Olive JacketIf you're looking for a beautiful crochet pattern to wear in the winter then this Over Sized Olive Jacket is the pattern for you. You can wear bulky long sleeved shirts under this jacket for added warmth.
- Rockin' Lacy Duster Crochet PatternGet into the summer groove with this Rockin' Lacy Duster Crochet Pattern! It's got everything you could possibly want in a sweater: lace, motifs, floral designs, and it's lightweight. You'll really feel like a star when you wear this crochet sweater pattern.
Colder-Weather Crochet Cardigans
If you need a little more bulk to your crochet cardigans, no matter the weather, we've gathered a selection of chunkier crochet cardigans for you to wear.
- Feel comfortable in your own skin even when it's cold outside with the Curvy Girl Cable Crochet Cardigan. You'll be super cozy in this worsted weight masterpiece of a cardigan. Layer it over a long-sleeved shirt and under a jacket to be extra warm this winter.
- Reading Room Crochet SweaterGet your glasses on and work up the Reading Room Crochet Sweater. This cardigan may seem a little bookish, but we promise that it's both stylish and comfortable. Whether you're headed to the library, work, or sitting at home, this sweater will keep you warm and looking lovely.
- Orange Creamsicle Hooded CardiganThe Orange Creamsicle Hooded Cardigan has a vibrant personality to breathe fresh life into any cold winter day. With an easy granny square assembly, this crochet cardigan pattern feels like the best combination of blanket and sweater pattern. The addition of the hood makes this piece perfect for the coldest of icy breezes, and the pocket, trim, and button options give you endless room for variation on a classic design.
- Napa Belted JacketThis multi-colored crochet jacket is a real feast for the eyes; it's also a treat for the senses! Follow this crochet pattern and see for yourself. It features a belt loop to tie it closed as well as a few colored stripes at the ends of the sleeves to add some bold style to your design.
- Overcast Crochet SweaterWalk through a winter wonderland in style when you wear the Overcast Crochet Sweater. This crochet pattern includes trendy buttons and a warm hood that will keep you comfortable while you're outside in cold or rainy weather.
- Terrifically Teal Crochet Jacket PatternEveryone loves items of clothing that can do double duty and this Terrifically Teal Crochet Jacket Pattern is no exception. You can dress this shawl collar jacket up or down in order to create the perfect look. Pair it with a belt for a more polished, office-appropriate outfit or wear it open with jeans for a weekend spent running errands.
- Totally Warm Crochet Jacket PatternThis new crochet pattern will be your new favorite piece of apparel, introducing the Totally Warm Crochet Jacket Pattern. You can wear this jacket by itself on a cool fall day or if it's not too cold during the winter. Layer this slightly sparkling sweater under and over other clothing and you're guaranteed to not feel the frost. It's an easy pattern that you can print out and start working up right now. Winter is coming, so what are you waiting for?
- Autumn SpiceThis free crochet pattern is for a cute little cropped cardigan full of autumn spice. The rich red color is great for fall, and the medium weight yarn will keep you warm.
- Vintage Striped JacketThis Vintage Striped Jacket from Red Heart is certainly a one of a kind free crochet jacket. The bright stripes are done in Super Saver yarn in five bold colors. It's a warm jacket for the intermediate crocheter.
- Gigi Hadid Crochet CardiganYou will look like you just stepped off the runway when you create this stylish cardigan! You'll love the assortment of crochet granny squares in this pattern, too.
When the temperature starts dropping as summer departs, you'll want to look at these 30+ Crochet Sweater Patterns for Fall
Comment and Win!
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page.
- You have until May 2nd, 2017 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
- The winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your e-mail address in the comments - you already provided it when you created your account.)
Cardigans or sweaters? Which do you like best?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Creative Options Crochet Tote
- Cassandra Bolton
- Bethany Sypolt
- 17 Patterns: Crochet for Pets
- 16 Crocheted Mother's Day Gifts
- Long Double Crochet Scarf with Fringe
- Oh Boy Slouchy Beanie Hat for Beginner
- The Easiest Ribbed Blue Beanie Hat
- Lacy Days Poncho
- Spring is Here Tulip