31 Free Crochet Shrug Patterns
Make a crochet shrug that fits your personality and keeps you just warm enough in any situation.
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Crochet shrugs are the perfect little item to wear when there's a chill to the air. This particular short jacket is designed to provide just the right amount of warmth that's needed when it's too hot for a bulky sweater but too chilly for just a tank top.
Make yourself any one of these stylish 31 Crochet Shrug Patterns today and you'll always have just what you need to throw on when the weather is slightly chilly or when the air conditioning is working full blast. These crochet patterns are also simple to work up, so you can usually start and finish in a day or two.
Shrugs can be the finishing touch to your ensemble. Just like crochet shawl patterns, there's a surprising variety of styles. Some crochet boleros have ruffles or other embellishments that make them stand out. These crochet patterns will come in handy when you want to look great without a lot of effort.
PLUS! If you find that crocheting a shrug is a little too tricky, try working up an oversized crochet shawl by following this video tutorial!
If you like crochet fashion, you should download our free eBook:
Gorgeous Crochet Shrug Patterns
Browse our favorite shrug patterns below and find the one that best suits your personal style. You'll find trendy shrugs as well as some classic and timeless ones and cute and feminine crochet boleros.
Overall, these are adorable crochet patterns to work up on the fly. Pair one of these crochet sweaters with a tank top for an instantaneous work-appropriate outfit, or keep one with you when going out somewhere with overactive air conditioning, like the movie theater.
- Sunset ShrugThis insanely beautiful shrug is crocheted with all the colors of a late autumn sunset. This easy crochet shawl features a sunburst stitch design with radiating blocks of warm, natural colors like moss green, burnt orange, and deep violet. This pretty pattern is both warm and cozy, making the Sunset Shrug a show-stopping cold weather piece you'll love to wear season after season.
- Light as a Feather Crochet ShrugThe Light as a Feather Shrug is a great piece of crocheted clothing to have in your closet. The lightweight lacy design makes it a perfect layering piece for the spring season. Crochet motifs come together like magic to create a ladylike pattern with a bit of vintage flair.
- Aida ShrugThis is a free crochet pattern for a kid's shrug called Aida Shrug. It has a photo tutorial for each step to guide you in your crochet journey.
- Open Air ShrugYou'll feel like a fair maiden wearing the Open Air Shrug around your home. This crochet bolero pattern is light and breezy, perfect for layering when your shoulders are cold. The feminine look of this design would complement a dress or cute tank top.
- Half Sleeve No Seam ShrugEasy to make and no seams to sew together! Great to wear during the changing seasons or when you just want a little cover up for a strappy dress!
- Arizona Sunset ShrugThis Arizona Sunset Shrug has the look of a poncho without all the bulkiness. Choose a beautiful color palette that will stripe nicely.
- Sun Goddess ShrugBring some sunshine to your wardrobe with this beautiful Sun Goddess Shrug. Made with Bernat Bamboo yarn, this free crochet pattern is a must-have for any trendy woman. Light and lacy, it's the perfect piece to wear on a warm summer day.
- Single Skein Crochet ShrugMake this Single Skein Shrug for your little girl this year. Crocheted shrugs like this are ideal for when there's just a slight chill to the air. The free crochet pattern is written for a child, but can be easily adjusted to any size.
- Easy V-Stitch Cocoon ShrugDon't look any further for an easy crochet pattern; this Easy V-Stitch Cocoon Shrug is a fabulous pattern you'll want to make right now! It's made using the v-stitch in a Lion Brand Homespun Grape color. The ruffle edging really adds a nice feminine touch to the crochet design. Because it's an open shrug, it fits almost all sizes; it's great for the expectant mom! This free crochet pattern is great to wear any time of the year.
- Holey Squares ShrugThis shrug is so beautiful you can wear it for any occasion day or night. It'll keep you warm on those summer nights and make you look brilliant. What girl wouldn't want this shrug?
- Kimono ShrugEnjoy a peaceful Japanese afternoon wearing this stylish Kimono Shrug. The free crochet pattern includes directions on how to make this shrug in four different sizes. It is intended to be a loose fitting garment and the pattern is designed to be worn as shown in the photo. Play around with different color combinations to customize the look of this cardigan.
- Easy Breezy Summer ShrugThis Easy Breezy Summer Shrug is a great piece for women to have in their summer wardrobe. It's worked as a basic rectangle with some simple seams for the arms. This crochet shrug can be made in any size, and any yarn weight can be used. It's just the right size to wear if you want something light to throw on to keep your shoulders warm. It's a perfect laying piece for any outfit.
- Cranberry Sauce ShrugDressing for Thanksgiving dinner can be tricky. You want to look nice, but not too fancy. That's where the Cranberry Sauce Shrug comes to the rescue. It's gorgeous but comfortable, and perfect for wrapping around you when you're exhausted from stuffing yourself with the Thanksgiving feast. This free crochet shrug pattern will also be perfect for lounging around on chilly fall days. It's sweet and simple, just like cranberry sauce.
- The Perfect Crochet ShrugIf you're looking for just a little something to keep your shoulders warm, this is it. The Perfect Shrug is just what you need to throw on over a strapless dress or a tank top during the summer months. It's an easy crochet pattern to complete using just two yarns of variegated yarn. Self-striping yarn is used to create a colorful crochet design with little or no effort.
- Glam Girl ShrugThis Glam Girl Shrug will be your best friend at all kinds of social events. Perfect for a range of activities from weddings to walks in the park, this crochet shrug will pull together your outfit and add style. You'll be amazed at this easy crochet shrug pattern. Just barely covering your shoulders, this shrug will protect you from a cool breeze and instantly makes any sleeveless dress or top more modest. Don't miss out on this perfect layering piece for any occasion.
- Summertime ShrugThis stylish Summertime Shrug is a great layering piece for kids. Red Heart's cool Reflective yarn is used to work up this particular crochet pattern, which means that this particular shrug reflects light at nighttime. The reflective component also shows up really well in flash photography, which kids will surely have a lot of fun with. This free crochet pattern for summer is written to fit girls size 10/12.
Delicate Crochet Shrug Designs
Don't forget that shrugs are a great way to maintain your style yet prepare for those locations that always seem to be a little too chilly—the office, a movie theater, or a car ride with someone who likes to blast the air conditioning.
Wearing one of these beautiful crochet shrug patterns will be a fashion statement and a way to stay comfortable all at the same time! Plus, these are easy to transition into fall without having to bust out the sweaters and cardigans too early.
- Lacy Love Crochet ShrugVintage style crochet shrug that is light and lacy for warm weather. This beautiful shrug has large holes which makes it lightweight and airy.
- Flirty Pink Shell ShrugSummer is a time for airy crochet lace patterns, especially when they are a soft pink color! This Flirty Pink Shell Shrug is the perfect addition to your light, warm-weather dresses or outfits. Featuring the crochet shell stitch and other creative ways to use the double crochet, this shawl has eye-catching design that will highlight your style.
- Simple Scarlet Crochet Shrug PatternThe Simple Scarlet Crochet Pattern is an easy crochet bolero even for beginners, thanks to this new simplified stitch. You can adjust this vibrantly colored shrug for any size.
- Lacy Picot ShrugShow off your southwestern style with the Lacy Picot Shrug. This free crochet shrug pattern will definitely get second looks. With full sleeves and the look of a cropped jacket, this crochet shrug has a lot to offer. The unique design of this Lion Brand pattern would complement fall dresses and tunics. Keep warm in this stylish shrug which will gain many admirers.
- Marian's Riding HoodYou can be the epitome of elegance and style with Marian's Riding Hood, whether you wear it as an everyday addition to your wardrobe or as a Halloween or Renaissance costume. This hooded cowl is very simple because it repeats itself. If you understand Broomstick Lace, you should be able to complete this project easily.
- Openwork Crochet ShrugYou'll look marvelous lounging in this Openwork Shrug, a free shrug pattern from Lion Brand. This ribbed shrug is wonderful for layering with tank tops, t-shirts, light sweaters and more. The weight and style of this crochet pattern make it ideal for any temperature. It can keep you warm, or act as a modest cover-up.
- Ruffled Baby Crochet ShrugThe Ruffled Baby Crochet Shrug is a precious little pattern to make for baby girls. There are four different sizes included in the crochet pattern instructions ranging from 6 months to 2 years. Any color worsted weight yarn can be used to complete this cute crochet shrug. It's the perfect layering piece for any season and the flirty little ruffles add just the right amount of girl power. The buttons are sewn on at the end.
- Paradise Shimmer ShrugAdd some glam to your wardrobe with this Paradise Shimmer Shrug. Made with soft yarn with a hint of sparkle, this crochet shawl pattern is a great piece for any season. The loose sleeves and lacy tie closure give it a feminine look that's flattering for women of any age. This free crochet pattern includes directions on how to crochet this stylish shrug in sizes Small-2XL. Treat yourself to this timeless crochet design today.
- Shoulder ShrugIt's easy to look classy with this Shoulder Shrug since it's a timeless design. This simple crochet pattern is easy to crochet, so you can make one in a few different colors. The classic style of this shrug makes it a great pattern for women of any age. Made with Black Magic yarn, you'll look like a trendy fashionista every time you wear this item. It's a great addition to your wardrobe, especially because it can be worn any time of the year.
- Blue Willow Crochet ShrugIt's not every day you come across such an elegant crochet pattern. This Blue Willow Shrug is a timeless design that belongs in every woman's wardrobe.
- Aphrodite WrapYou're going to love this Aphrodite Wrap so much. The timeless and classy design means you'll look so elegant wearing it. This is an easy crochet pattern to work up that is made of just two rectangles. Use your favorite color and make one in black for a night out on the town. Shrugs like this are the perfect crochet designs to take you right from the office to dinner. Two skeins of worsted weight yarn are needed to make this stylish shawl.
- Cozy Cocoon CardiganTreat yourself to this Cozy Cocoon Cardigan. It's a free crochet pattern that's warm and trendy for winter. The shrug-style design can be dressed up or down and will look great with jeans and a cami. Ladies, you'll love how comfortable this sweater is to wear. You'll look and feel effortlessly chic in no time. It's a winter wardrobe must-have.
- BeatriceHere's another crochet favorite from Berecco. The Beatrice is an elegant shrug for a cool summer party. Stay stylish and warm up a bit with this pretty pattern.
- Turquoise Spring ShrugLovely layering pieces like this seamless Turquoise Spring Shrug are great to have in your closet. This free crochet pattern features 3/4 length sleeves and is worked up using worsted weight yarn. It's a lightweight crochet design that is great for wearing during the spring and summer months. Step-by-step photos are included in this crochet pattern, and you'll also find directions on how to adjust the arm length to create a perfect fit.
Be sure to check out 32 Free Crochet Shawl Patterns, Crochet Ponchos & More
Do you like wearing shrugs?
Let us know in the comments below!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet