Learn to Crochet: 39 Simple Crochet Patterns for Beginners
Simple crochet projects for any skill level!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Have fun this season by teaching yourself how to crochet with these easy crochet tutorials and some beginner-friendly crochet patterns. If you have the simple stitches down, then you are ready to move on to real projects that you can work up without any fuss. It can be hard to find crochet patterns for beginners that are truly for those new to the hobby, but you can count on these projects to really help you learn to crochet. You'll be glad you found these crochet tutorials that are easy to follow, too, because there are so many fun projects for you to complete ranging from tote bags to flip flops to an organizer for your crochet hooks, and all of them use those simple and easy crochet stitches.
Take pride in the fact that you can make your own fun with these patterns for beginners, even as a newcomer to the crochet world. Whether you're looking for a crochet scarf to wear when the temperatures start to dip or a cute accessory to bring to the beach, one thing is certain: there are plenty of crochet patterns for beginners to learn and enjoy!
Before you begin, watch our video on picking the right crochet hook for the job below, or you can read our guide on choosing the right hook sizes!
Table of Contents
Crochet Tutorials For Beginners
Before you even get started on your crochet projects, you might need a quick refresher on various crochet stitches. From discovering different crochet stitches to learning how to weave in your ends, these crochet tutorials will help every crocheter starting off in the hobby. Keep these tutorials in mind the next time you need a little assistance with a crochet pattern.
Bundle Up With Crochet Scarf Patterns
Besides a simple little dishcloth or washcloth, crochet scarves are the easiest things to make as you just work a pattern in rows. There's no shaping or increases and decreases, and you can scale the difficulty to match your experience level in terms of stitches used and your color choices. Whether you want to crochet a scarf for your own use or as a special present for someone, you'll love taking a look at these beginner patterns.
Crochet Hat Patterns For Beginners
If you're new to crochet, you may have thought "I can't possibly crochet a hat!" With these crochet patterns that are just for beignners, though, you'll learn the basics of how to create a hat using just a crochet hook and some yarn (and OK, quite a bit of practice!). These crochet patterns are the perfect project for a weekend. You'll want to show off your hard work when you finish one of these crochet hat patterns!
Are you ready to crochet a blanket? Whether you want a throw that's the perfect size for an afternoon nap or a baby blanket to celebrate the arrival of a little one, you'll want to take a look at the collection of free crochet blanket patterns for beginnners found in 25 Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
Crochet Patterns For A Day At The Beach
When you think of beach gear, do you think of crochet patterns? When you look at the selection of beach crochet patterns in this section, you just might! From crochet beach mats to flip-flop covers, you'll be ready for a day at the beach when you crochet these patterns. There's even a crochet pattern for a travel case so that you can bring your current crochet projects anywhere!
Crochet Bag Patterns With Plenty Of Style
The next time you make a trip to the library, bring your books home in style by using a crochet bag you made on your own! These bright and colorful crochet bag patterns are also the perfect challenge for those who are new to crochet. Consider making extra to keep on hand for impromptu gifts for family and friends.
Cute As Can Be Crochet Headband Patterns
You'll love keeping your hair out of your eyes with these crochet headband patterns! You can likely crochet these cute hair accessories while watching your favorite TV show.
Inside our latest eBook, you will find a wonderful collection of free, easy crochet patterns for beginners to work up: How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
What is your favorite crochet pattern for beginners?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- How to Crochet a Slip Stitch vs Slip Knot
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns
- Patterns by Crochet Hook Sizes
- Learn to Crochet: 39 Simple Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns, Volume II
- Learning Basic Stitches in Crochet
- How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch + 21 Free Crochet Patterns
- Types of Crochet Hooks
- Types of Yarn and Yarn Weight
- The Do's and Don'ts of Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- What is C2C Crochet? + 12 C2C Crochet Patterns
- Candy Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Festive Crochet Stars
- Roasting Marshmallow Crochet Pattern
- Svetla Tsvetkova
- Grandma's Crochet Christmas Trees
- Spooky Halloween Crochet Table Runner
- Tatsiana Kupryianchyk
- Holiday Crochet Wine Sleeve
- The Best Crochet Hook for Beginners
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet