We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"The very first amigurumi toy I made was a penguin. With this easy beginner pattern, perhaps the very first amigurumi you make will be a penguin too! If you use aran-weight yarn and a 4.0mm hook, the penguin will come out to 3.5 in (8.9 cm) tall. But you can use any hook and yarn size you want – the penguin will just grow smaller or larger with you. It's written in US terminology and crocheted in the round."
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished Size3.5 in (8.9 cm) tall
- 4.0mm crochet hook
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
- 2 10mm safety eyes
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn Turqua, 26 yds
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn White, 2 yds
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn Bright Yellow, 1.5 yds
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Get all of the mystical beauty of the Northern Lights when you work up the Aurora Borealis Crochet Scarf. This gorgeous colorful… Continue reading: "Aurora Borealis Crochet Scarfvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Willow Tee
- Ferne Sideways Shawl
- Tiktok Bee Crochet Pattern In 3 Sizes
- Stella Fingerless Gloves
- Dara Table Runner
- The C2c Beginner Crochet Baby Blanket
- Gingham Bunny Placemat
- C2c Squirrel
- Ziggy The Zebra
- Bella The Butterfly Rattle
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters