+18 Butterfly Crochet Patterns for Spring
By: The Editors at AllFreeCrochet
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I can already smell the spring season quickly approaching. Although we've had our fair share of winter snow storms, I know spring is just around the corner and the grass will soon be a bright shade of green surrounded by beautiful flowers and an array of butterflies. When I think of flying butterflies I also think of butterfly crochet patterns. There are so many cute crochet butterfly patterns out there and I want to make them all. I've noticed butterfly crochet patterns are very popular at the moment, so I'm guessing we're all starting to get spring fever. I guess we can only take so much of the cold weather and drab surroundings.
I have a special place in my heart for butterflies. When I was younger I used to catch them and just look at how pretty they were. Of course I let them fly free, but when I ran across butterfly crochet patterns I knew I'd have to make some. Crochet butterflies are just as pretty as the real thing. You can choose bright, bold colors and mix and match the yarns you use. These are great spring amigurumi patterns to work on. I have made a collection of my favorites to share with you!
Butterfly Crochet Patterns Table of Contents
When you're done with butterflies, work up a garden for them by downloading our free eBook, Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colord Crochet Flowers.
What can be better than decorating your home full of crochet butterfly patterns for the spring season? Brighten your home with a beautiful, delicate creature in many ways. Turn your kitchen into a spring like field of butterflies with dishcloths, placemats and doilies. Then take it up a notch and make an afghan or bag for your summer trips. Butterfly crochet patterns are great for the home!
- Butterfly Bag - Embellish a summer tote with crochet butterflies.
- Butterfly Night Table Doily - Entertain your guests in style.
- Butterfly Placemats - Set the table with these crochet butterflies.
- Crochet Butterfly Throw - Crochet for baby or make one in a bigger size for yourself.
- Flutter By Butterfly Dishcloth- This is one of my favorite crochet butterfly patterns!
- Butterfly Stitch Potholder - The butterfly stitch is used to work up this crochet potholder pattern.
- NEW! Filet Crochet Butterfly - Try out filet crochet for this gorgeous butterfly crochet pattern.
Now, you can't get too carried away when wearing patterned outfits, but during the spring and summer you can wear some fun designs once in a while. These butterfly crochet patterns are really pretty when you choose the right color for them.
- Butterfly Prayer Shawl - Look elegant in this shawl or make it for a dear friend.
- Butterfly Summer Tank Top - A lightweight tank that's perfect for the summer.
- Butterfly Bobby Pins - This is a super easy accessory to make for girls of all ages.
- Suzie's Butterfly Garden Cap - Wear this hat while working outside in your garden this spring.
- Boutique Butterfly Wrap - A stylish pattern for any season.
Amigurumi patterns have grown in the last couple of years and have become so incredibly popular. I know that I fell in love with them the second I saw them. When you crochet your butterflies you can either make them flat or you can fill them turning them into amigurumi patterns. If you choose to do that you can make some adorable little gifts, but if you leave them flat you can make barrettes or hair pieces. I also like these butterfly crochet patterns for gift toppers and embellishments.
- Flutterby Free Crochet Pattern - Embellish a hat or bag with this butterfly crochet pattern.
- Free Spring Butterflies Crochet Pattern - This is an easy butterfly you can turn into a hair clip.
- The Blue Butterfly - Decorate a child's room with brightly colored butterflies like this.
- Carefree Butterfly Motif - This is such a fun amigurumi pattern.
- Very Easy Crochet Butterfly - Single crochet stitches work up this butterfly in no time.
- Ruby Red Butterfly - This is a wonderful crochet embellishment for practically any pattern.
- Quick Crochet Butterfly - Work up a few of these crochet butterflies in just a few hours!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Shamrocks Basket
- Floral Flip Flops
- Beginner Beach Mat
- Party By the Pool Coverup
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
- Pretty Summer Skirt
- How to Crochet: The Sassy Summer Bikini
- 10 Minute Baby Sandals
- Retro Summer Dress
- Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Heirloom Wedding Ring Quilt
- Rainbow Tunisian Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Comfy Heritage Quilt Crochet Blanket
- The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie
- Wrap and Go Shawl
- Beginner Squares Afghan
- Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawl
- Autumn Butterfly Cardigan
- Unforgettable Top Down Shawl
- Majestic Hooded Scarf Pattern