8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
19 Versatile V Stitch Crochet Patterns + Tutorials
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
If you could fall in love with one crochet stitch, what would it be? Our answer is the v stitch! You'll be able to find some many patterns that use the v stitch, we've got some of the best right here. If you don't know how to crochet this crochet stitch, this collection of 19 Versatile V Stitch Crochet Patterns + Tutorials will give you the ability to do so and a bunch of great patterns to practice on. You'll have to know how to single and double crochet in order to learn to crochet the v stitch. We've given you crochet afghan patterns, crochet shawl and scarf patterns, and other miscellaneous crochet patterns for you to choose from for your next crochet adventure.
There's a regular crochet tutorial and two that specify how to crochet the offset v stitch depending on which hand is your dominant hand. We have also included a helpful video tutorial for those who learn best by following visual instructions. Have fun incorporating this crochet stitch in your next project!
Table of Contents
How Do I Crochet the V Stitch?
1. Finish your chain and chain three. The chain three will count as one stitch, so skip your second stitch.
2. Yarn over, insert your hook into the stitch.
3. Finish your double crochet stitch by yarning over and pulling through two, then yarning over and pulling through two more.
4. Chain one and do another double crochet in the same stitch.
5. Skip the next two stitches and repeat this process along your entire row.
Are you eager to try even more crochet stitches? Then we have the free eBook for you! You'll discover new crochet stitches that will look amazing in your next project. Get ready to broaden your horizons in crochet when you take a look at the stitches found in
Crochet V Stitch Tutorials
These are all the v stitch crochet tutorials you'll ever need! If you need a refresher, don't hesitate to browse through any one of them. The regular crochet tutorial is probably the best picture tutorial ever. We're that confident that you'll be able to learn this stitch in no time. You'll want to get started right away, so get out a hook and some yarn. You can also see our video tutorials for additional guidance.
V Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
We've compiled a list of crochet patterns that feature the v stitch as a main stitch. There are so many blankets that may use the v stitch as a secondary stitch, but we will leave those up to you to explore the world of crochet. From lacy to quick, you'll be struggling to choose which one you want to work up now and then save the rest for later. There are a few crochet baby blanket patterns thrown in for those those of you looking for baby shower gifts.
V Stitch Crochet Shawl & Scarf Patterns
The v stitch and scarves go together like peanut butter and jelly! It seems to make the easiest and quickest scarves that we've got. Some of them are extremely gorgeous and some are very simple, but regardless, the v stitch makes great crochet shawls and scarves. You really can't go wrong with any of these crochet patterns. Gift them or keep them for yourself, but please work one up.
Miscellaneous V Stitch Crochet Patterns
We couldn't forget about these random v stitch crochet patterns, even if they are in the miscellaneous section. Work up a quick dishcloth or headband and you won't be disappointed by the v stitch. The shrug is super cute and you won't need to buy another hat after you make the v stitch pattern. The v stitch will keep your kitchen clean, your hair out of your eyes, the sun off your head, and your shoulders warm on a breezy day. We just love it!
Give your next crochet pattern that extra flourish when you add borders and edging! Your pillows, blankets, and other crochet items will look so much more colorful and stylish with these unique designs. You can find just the right pattern for your project when you look at the collection page 30+ Crochet Border Patterns
What is your favorite v stitch pattern?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
This crochet placemat pattern is so stylish, you'll want to do cartwheels--just like the stitches on this easy crochet pattern. The… Continue reading: "Cartwheel-Worthy Placematvideocam"
- Knot Headband
- 2770+ Free Crochet Patterns
- Our Favorite Free Crochet Patterns of 2018
- Crochet Amish Puzzle Ball Pattern
- Filet Crochet Butterfly
- 5 Minute Tiny Crochet Bird Applique
- Nosey Cozy Crochet Nose Warmer
- 29 Free Dog Crochet Patterns
- 38+ Crochet Mandala Patterns
- Crochet Heart Paw Print Applique
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Wally Whale
- Bobble Stitch Top
- Love You To The Moon Poncho
- Crochet Summer Hat
- Emil, the Preemie Crochet Octopus
- Crochet Drink Napkins
- Striped Mini-Backpack
- Drawstring Mini-Backpack
- Lemon Squeezy Baby Blanket
- Modern Heirloom Baby Afghan
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet