We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The triangular shape, brilliant stripes, and dragonfly-shaped spaces make this Dragonfly Bandana Cowl seem too intricate to be an easy crochet pattern, but it is! The bumpy borders give the crochet cowl pattern a beautiful finish, and this would look great tied around your neck on a chilly morning. With three special stitches—the picot, split, and V-stitch—you can create this masterpiece for your very own. It's a perfect one-skein project because of its short size, but you can also expand to a larger shawl if you want. This would look especially nice over a white shirt that would show through the spaces and highlight the dragonfly shapes.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge16 stitches and 8 rows = 4 inches (10 cm)
Finished Size34 inches wide by 17 inches tall
- One skein of Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable (270 yards) –the colorway shown here is called Stained Glass
- Size 4.0 mm (G-6) crochet hook or size needed to obtain the gauge
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Even if you've never heard of spider lace crochet, you should check out this White Spider Lace Jacket. It's fun, versatile, and light… Continue reading: "White Spider Lace Jacketvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Zesty Coasters
- Easy Cross Front Top
- Twist Me Pretty Top
- Solid Shell Stitch Cowl
- Bumpy Face Scrubby
- My Brother’s Beanie Tutorial
- Loopy Love
- Dainty Rose Crochet Garland Pattern
- Parent and Child Crochet Belt Bags Pattern
- Keyring Pouch
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet