Back to Scotland Crochet Cowl
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Whether you're Claire Randall from the Outlander series who time travels to Scotland or simply a curious adventurer, this Back to Scotland Crochet Cowl will definitely keep you warm. Scotland is a gorgeous place filled with wonder, but it can get chilly, especially if it rains, so you'll want to wrap yourself up in this soft bulky cowl. We love the vintage look of this cowl from Red Heart, almost as authentic as a garment out of the play Brigadoon! We love Scotland and we know you'll love this crochet pattern too.
Crochet Hook: Q or 16mm hook
Yarn Weight: (7) Jumbo
4 sc = 3 (9.5 cm); 4 rows = 3 (9 cm). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- RED HEART® Grande™: 6 balls 307 Oatmeal
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 16 mm [US Q]
- Large eye yarn needle
Size: Cowl measures 24” wide x 56” circumference (61 x 142 cm)
- Cowl is worked in joined rounds with right side facing.
- You may prefer to use a crochet hook to weave in ends.
Get more great cowl patterns on our blog StitchAndUnwind's 10 Free Crochet Cowl Patterns Perfect for Fall!
- Ch 61.
- Round 1 (right side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; join with slip st in first sc—60 sc.
- Round 2: Ch 1, sc in first sc, *ch 3, skip next 2 sc, sc in next sc; repeat from * around, ch 3, skip last 2 sc; join with slip st in first sc— 20 sc and 20 ch-3 spaces.
- Round 3: Slip st in first ch-3 space, ch 1, 3 sc in same space and in each ch-3 space around; join with slip st in first sc—60 sc.
- Rounds 4–27: Repeat Rounds 2 and 3 twelve times.
- Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Heirloom Wedding Ring Quilt
- Rainbow Tunisian Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Comfy Heritage Quilt Crochet Blanket
- The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie
- Wrap and Go Shawl
- Beginner Squares Afghan
- Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawl
- Autumn Butterfly Cardigan
- Unforgettable Top Down Shawl
- Majestic Hooded Scarf Pattern