We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
If you need a fall and winter accessory to wear all the time, this Everyday Crochet Cowl is definitely the next pattern you should work up. Made with Red Heart Boutique Treasure in Watercolors, this stunning cowl will have heads turning. The thing we love about it is its basic design, yet the subtle colors of the yarn make it stand out in a crowd. This crochet cowl pattern would be a fantastic gift for Christmas or a birthday because it goes with anything. You'll definitely want to wear this cowl everyday.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge17 sts = 4 (10 cm); 9 rows = 4 (10 cm) in half double crochet (hdc). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizeCowl measures 26” (66 cm) circumference at widest, 22” (56 cm) circumference around neck, and 10” (25 cm) high.
- RED HEART® Boutique Treasure™: 2 balls 1919 Watercolors
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 6.5 mm [US K-10½]
- Yarn needle
Note: Cowl is worked back and forth in rows. Short edges are then crocheted together to form a circle. Edging is worked around both edges of circle.
Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across— 32 hdc.
Row 2 (right side): Ch 1, turn, working in back loops only, hdc in each st across.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, working in front loops only, hdc in each st across.
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until you have worked a total of 60 rows.
Seaming Row (wrong side): Turn, hold first and last rows with right sides together and stitches matching, working through both thicknesses, slip st in each st across to join piece into a circle. Do not fasten off.
Turn piece so that right side is facing out.
Edging (right side): Ch 1, work 2 sc in the end of every other row all the way around; join with slip st in first sc—60 sc.
With right side facing, draw up a loop of yarn in seam on opposite edge of cowl and repeat Edging.
Weave in ends.
- half double crochet
- single crochet
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters