We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Even if you're a beginner, you can work up this Girls' Night Out Crochet Cowl in no time! Create a daring cowl using Red Heart's Mixology yarn collection, all of which are super bulky weight. You'll be able to feel stylish during a night out with your friends, but be warm on a cool winter night with this crochet cowl. This cowl is sure to be a staple accessory when it's cold outside. You'll just need a P hook and super bulky weight yarn, but you can get the exact colors shown in this exclusive Red Heart collection.
NotesCowl is a crocheted rectangle; short ends of rectangle are sewn together to form Cowl.
Crochet HookP/16 or 11.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge7 sts = 4” (10 cm); 4 rows = 4” (10 cm). EXACT GAUGE IS NOT CRITICAL.
Finished SizeCowl measures 30 in. (76 cm) circumference and 7½ in. (19 cm) high.
- RED HEART® Mixology Solids™: 1 ball each of 572 Orchid A, 703 Pink B
- RED HEART Mixology Prints™: 1 ball 935 Party Print C
- RED HEART® Mixology Swirl™: 1 ball 9935 Party D
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 11.5 mm [US P-16]
Are you addicted to scarves and cowls? Get more in our collection of: 26 Crochet Scarf Designs and Crochet Cowls
With A, ch 14.
Row 1 (right side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, [ch 1, skip next ch, sc in next ch] 6 times—7 sc and 6 ch-1 spaces.
Rows 2-4: Ch 1, turn, working in front loops only, sc in first sc, [ch 1, skip next ch-1 space, sc in next sc] 6 times. Fasten off.
Row 5 (right side): With right side facing, draw up a loop of C in first sc of previous row, ch 1, working in front loops only, sc in same sc, [ch 1, skip next ch-1 space, sc in next sc] 6 times.
Rows 6-8: With C, repeat Rows 2-4. Fasten off.
Rows 9-32: Repeat Rows 5-8, changing color as in the following sequence: Work next 4 rows with B, 4 rows with D, 4 rows with A, 4 rows with C, 4 rows with B, and 4 rows with D.
Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing.
Sew the short edges together. Weave in ends.
- single crochet
- [ ]
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Grab a couple skeins of cozy chenille yarn and get ready to kick back and relax with the stress-free Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby… Continue reading: "Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Thin Headband Crochet Pattern
- Cocoa Wrap
- Festive Bauble Bunting
- Crochet Christmas Stocking
- Prerna Tunisian Scarf
- Reef Crochet Basket Pattern 9.0
- Reef Crochet Basket Pattern 7.0
- Reef Crochet Basket Pattern 8.0
- Bax The Christmas Bear
- Crochet Thermal Stripes Potholder
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters