We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Even if you're a beginner, you can work up this Girls' Night Out Crochet Cowl in no time! Create a daring cowl using Red Heart's Mixology yarn collection, all of which are super bulky weight. You'll be able to feel stylish during a night out with your friends, but be warm on a cool winter night with this crochet cowl. This cowl is sure to be a staple accessory when it's cold outside. You'll just need a P hook and super bulky weight yarn, but you can get the exact colors shown in this exclusive Red Heart collection.
NotesCowl is a crocheted rectangle; short ends of rectangle are sewn together to form Cowl.
Crochet HookP/16 or 11.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge7 sts = 4” (10 cm); 4 rows = 4” (10 cm). EXACT GAUGE IS NOT CRITICAL.
Finished SizeCowl measures 30 in. (76 cm) circumference and 7½ in. (19 cm) high.
- RED HEART® Mixology Solids™: 1 ball each of 572 Orchid A, 703 Pink B
- RED HEART Mixology Prints™: 1 ball 935 Party Print C
- RED HEART® Mixology Swirl™: 1 ball 9935 Party D
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 11.5 mm [US P-16]
Are you addicted to scarves and cowls? Get more in our collection of: 26 Crochet Scarf Designs and Crochet Cowls
With A, ch 14.
Row 1 (right side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, [ch 1, skip next ch, sc in next ch] 6 times—7 sc and 6 ch-1 spaces.
Rows 2-4: Ch 1, turn, working in front loops only, sc in first sc, [ch 1, skip next ch-1 space, sc in next sc] 6 times. Fasten off.
Row 5 (right side): With right side facing, draw up a loop of C in first sc of previous row, ch 1, working in front loops only, sc in same sc, [ch 1, skip next ch-1 space, sc in next sc] 6 times.
Rows 6-8: With C, repeat Rows 2-4. Fasten off.
Rows 9-32: Repeat Rows 5-8, changing color as in the following sequence: Work next 4 rows with B, 4 rows with D, 4 rows with A, 4 rows with C, 4 rows with B, and 4 rows with D.
Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing.
Sew the short edges together. Weave in ends.
- single crochet
- [ ]
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
This slouch is a simple pattern that allows the beauty of this yarn to show through. The yarn is Red Heart Unforgettable Waves and I… Continue reading: "Waves of Warmth Slouchvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet