We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The Simple Ribbon Crochet Cowl is an easy crochet pattern to make using Reclaimed Sari Ribbon yarn. This particular reclaimed yarn is available in a variety of fun colors, but the colorway shown here is called "At the Bahamas." All you need is two skeins of yarn to work up this colorful crocheted scarf, and a jumbo crochet hook (size N or larger). This pretty cowl is a great way to keep your neck warm while also added a quick pop of color to your outfit.
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- 2 Skeins (just in case 1 isn't quite enough) of your choice of Sari Ribbon yarn
- A very large crochet hook (size N or larger)
- Stitch Marker
While using sari ribbon, I recommend crocheting very loosely. The many different sari ends that come together to make this yarn can vary in width, feel and flexibility. As long as you crochet fairly loosely, the differences will be easy to handle!
Ch 40, sl st into first ch to join into a large circle. Be very careful not to twist the chain! You can now test for the size you like. Put the circle you just made over your head. Does it seem too long? Just take out a few chains. Too short? Just add some. Ch1, sc into 2nd ch from hook. Place the stitch marker in this sc. Sc into every st around. Sl st to join into the marked sc. Round 1 completed. Ch1, sc into first st. Place stitch marker into this sc. Sc into every st around. Sl st to join into the marked sc. Round 2 completed. Repeat step 3 until cowl is at the desired width. Its a little tricky to tell, but it looks like 8-10 rounds total in the cowl pictured. Finish off, weave in all ends. Thats it!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Flaunt your love of all things autumn with the Fall For Me Spiral Hat. This adorable crochet hat pattern is cozy and colorful. To get… Continue reading: "Fall For Me Spiral Hatvideocam"
30 Minute Comfy Cowl
Crochet Beginner One Hour Cowl
Rose Lace Crochet Cowl Pattern
20 Minute Cowl
Under an Hour Cowl
Color Changing Crochet Cowl
Crochet Infinity Scarf Patterns and Crochet Cowls: 26 Patterns
Seriously Amazing Crochet Cowl
Be So Bold Crochet Mobius
Coral Crocodile Stitch Crochet Cowl
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet