We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Red Heart Medley yarn is used to work up the Seriously Amazing Crochet Cowl. It's a bulky weight yarn that's easy to work with, so you can start and finish this free crochet pattern in just an evening or less. It's always a fun experience to crochet with variegated yarn like this because the colors automatically blend together without any effort on your part. This printable crochet pattern from our friends at Red Heart Yarns will keep you stylish and warm at the same time.
-Cowl is worked in continuous rounds. Do not join unless instructed to do so.
-Beginning chains are twisted before joining. Lay the chains flat with back bars facing, hold one end in place, twist the chains once so back bars are again facing, then join with slip stitch in first chain.
-There is no right or wrong side to this piece so cowl can be worn with either side facing.
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge4 pattern repeats = 6” (15 cm) in pattern. Note: 1 pattern repeat consists of one single crochet, 3 chains, and one double crochet. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizeCowl measures 12” long x 32” circumference (30.5 x 81.5 cm)
- RED HEART® Medley™: 3 balls 934 Energy
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 10mm [N-15 US]
- Yarn needle, stitch marker
Ch 67 loosely; twist and join with slip st in first ch.
Round 1: Ch 1, working in back bars, sc in same ch as join and in each ch around; join with slip st in first sc—67 sc. Place marker on first sc and move up as each round is completed.
Round 2: Ch 1, (sc, ch 3, dc) in same st as join, *skip next 2 sc, (sc, ch 3, dc) into next sc; repeat from * around—23 sc, 23 dc, and 23 ch-3 sps.
Round 3: (Sc, ch 3, dc) in each ch-3 space around.
Repeat Round 3 until piece measures 12” (30.5 cm) or desired length; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Finishing: Weave in ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
You can run to the store or pack a trip to the pool with this Go Green Mesh Crochet Tote. With more and more people and organizations… Continue reading: "Go Green Mesh Crochet Totevideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- One For All Basic Crochet Finger Puppet Pattern
- Rainbow Sprinkles Handbag
- Coastal Wave Runner
- Large Crochet Mesh Market Bag
- Reindeer Gift Bag
- Covid Medical Mask Emoji C2c Crochet Block
- Minecraft Pig C2c Crochet Block
- Easy Crochet Boy Cardigan With Hood And Pockets
- C2c Sloth
- Cool Waves Wall-hanging
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters