Diamond in the Rough Cowl
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Diamond in the Rough Cowl is a fabulous cowl that will keep you nice and warm during the winter months. Bernat is used in black and white contrasting colors making this a great ensemble to any outfit.
Thanks to gramluluandrus 1885132 who suggested the name Diamond in the Rough!
Crochet Hook: N/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Approx 12 ins [30.5 cm] deep x 42½ ins [108 cm] around.
- Bernat® Colorama (100 g/3.5 oz; 47 m/52 yds)
- Main Color (MC) (05040 Black Beauty) 4 balls
- Contrast A (05005 A La Mode) 4 balls
- Size 10 mm (U.S. N/P or 15) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
2 shells and 5 rows = 5 ins [12.5 cm] in pat.
With MC, ch 102 loosely. Join in rnd (taking care not to twist chain).
1st rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *Miss next 2 ch. [(1 dc. Ch 1)twice. 1 dc] in next ch – shell made. Miss next 2 ch. 1 sc in next ch. Rep from * around, omitting 1 sc at end of last rep. Join A with sl st in first sc.
2nd rnd: With A, ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1). 1 dc in same sp as last sl st. *1 sc in center dc of next shell. Shell in next sc.Rep from * around, ending with 1 sc in center dc of last shell.(1 dc. Ch 1) in same sp as first dc. Join MC with sl st to 3rd chof ch 4.
3rd rnd: With MC, ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *Shell in next sc. 1 sc in center dc of next shell. Rep from * around,omitting 1 sc at end of last rep. Join A with sl st in first sc.
Rep 2nd and 3rd rnds for pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 12 ins[30.5 cm], ending with a 3rd rnd of pat. Fasten off.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Clean Those Dishes Crochet Scrubby
- Adorable Crochet Snood
- Summer Cactus Crochet Blanket
- All Year Round Crochet Poncho
- Simple As Can Be Crochet Balls
- Tunisian Crochet Washcloths
- A Study In Contrasts Crochet Cowl
- So Stylish Crochet Vest
- Cheerful Granny Square Baby Blanket
- Star Divine Crochet Hat