We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Diamond in the Rough Cowl is a fabulous cowl that will keep you nice and warm during the winter months. Bernat is used in black and white contrasting colors making this a great ensemble to any outfit. Thanks to gramluluandrus 1885132 who suggested the name Diamond in the Rough!
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Approx 12 ins [30.5 cm] deep x 42½ ins [108 cm] around.
- Bernat® Colorama (100 g/3.5 oz; 47 m/52 yds)
- Main Color (MC) (05040 Black Beauty) 4 balls
- Contrast A (05005 A La Mode) 4 balls
- Size 10 mm (U.S. N/P or 15) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
2 shells and 5 rows = 5 ins [12.5 cm] in pat.
With MC, ch 102 loosely. Join in rnd (taking care not to twist chain).
1st rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *Miss next 2 ch. [(1 dc. Ch 1)twice. 1 dc] in next ch – shell made. Miss next 2 ch. 1 sc in next ch. Rep from * around, omitting 1 sc at end of last rep. Join A with sl st in first sc.
2nd rnd: With A, ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1). 1 dc in same sp as last sl st. *1 sc in center dc of next shell. Shell in next sc.Rep from * around, ending with 1 sc in center dc of last shell.(1 dc. Ch 1) in same sp as first dc. Join MC with sl st to 3rd chof ch 4.
3rd rnd: With MC, ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *Shell in next sc. 1 sc in center dc of next shell. Rep from * around,omitting 1 sc at end of last rep. Join A with sl st in first sc.
Rep 2nd and 3rd rnds for pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 12 ins[30.5 cm], ending with a 3rd rnd of pat. Fasten off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Take all the romance of knights and folk heroes like Robin Hood and you'll get the Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawl. Imagine yourself… Continue reading: "Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawlvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Tube Scarf – Using The Butterfly Stitch
- C2c Spooky Tree Afghan Square
- Pumpkin Spice Cup Cozy
- Pumpkin Coaster
- Easy Textured Crochet Stitches You'll Love
- Lovely Ruffle Scarf
- Appalachia Bandana Cowl
- Basketweave Drawstring Pouch
- Ribbon Headband
- Halloween Applique Bunting Crochet Garland
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters