Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Lion Brand Textures Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I recently had the chance to work with Textures Yarn by Lion Brand. Textures is a boucle yarn that not only provides amazing texture but great color as well in the form of self-striping. Each of the 8 colorways in the Textures line were creating from nature.
I had the pleasure of working with Meadow Flowers and Mountain Dawn. I used these two colorways to create a fun '80s-inspired top.
Textures is a worsted weight yarn that comes in 3.00 oz./85 g (149 yd/136 m) skeins. Its fiber content is 90% Acrylic, 10% Nylon. It is machine washable and dryable, on the hottest settings your machines allow.
This yarn would lend itself well to lots of different style garments. I’d love to design a fun baby blanket with it as well.
Textures yarn was fun to work with but I did find that it worked better with a larger hook than what was recommended on the label. You also need to take care not to pull the yarn too tight to keep the great texture of the boucle.
I would definitely recommend this yarn to a crocheter who has a little more experience as boucle yarns in general are a little harder to work with, as are any textured yarns available. Though I did find Textures to be easier to use than many other boucles I have tried.
My finished item was soft and had great texture and coloring. I look forward to trying out the other great color ways in this collection.
Crochet Patterns Using Textures Yarn
- Textures Crochet Top: Made using three skeins of Textures Yarn, this stylish crochet top is a surprisingly easy crochet pattern to make.
- Buttoned Crochet Cowl: Use two skeins of Textures to work up this easy peasy pattern that's simple enough for beginners to crochet.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Pattern of the Day
The Amazing Grace Crochet Baby Blanket is the 8th pattern in the Amazing Grace Free Crochet Pattern Series! This adorable baby crochet… Continue reading: "Amazing Grace Crochet Baby Blanketvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters