Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
It's no secret that I love using Lion Brand worsted weight yarns. So what a treat it was to be able to work with a couple skeins of Lion Brand's new Heartland Yarn! It is hands down, one of the softest acrylic yarns I have ever crocheted with and as soon as I felt it, I knew it would be perfect for a baby hat.
I love that it holds up like a standard worsted weight yarn, but it has a silky softness like an expensive specialty yarn. Recommended uses are for garments, afghans and accessories but I could absolutely see it being used for a snuggly stuffed animal toy! The natural earth tones of the yarn are truly beautiful and feel organic. Each color is heathered which adds a nice depth and texture as well. The yarn is made in America, and all of the colors suggest landmarks.
I personally had the chance to use the light gray called Katmai, a dark purple called Hot Springs and dark blue called Olympic. The Katmai color was just right for a sweet little elephant hat, perfect for the heads of little newborns!
Check out this exclusive pattern designed by Sarah Zimmerman for AllFreeCrochet:
Baby Elephant Crochet Hat: This insanely cute crochet hat pattern is perfect for newborns. A little bit of stuffing is used for the elephant nose, and black buttons are used for the elephant eyes. The earflap design is perfect for keeping your little one warm.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
"This lovely broomstick lace top works up with worsted weight yarn and a size H crochet hook. Pictures will help guide you as you… Continue reading: "Broomstick Lace Crochet Topvideocam"
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Fair Trade Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn
- Enter to win the Simplicity Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder!
- SERENITY Chunky Weight Yarn
- Enter to win Caron United Yarn!
- Chance to win It's a Wrap Red Heart Yarn!
- Enter to win Raffia Yarn!
- Red Heart Team Spirit Yarn
- Red Heart Reflective Yarn
- Lion Brand Modern Baby Yarn
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters