Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Deborah Norville Birchwood Crochet Hook Review
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
When you're just learning how to crochet you might start out using a cheap brand of crochet hooks because you don't know the difference. The only way you'll figure out what type of hook you like is if you experiment and try new ones. There are plastic hooks, wood hooks, steel hooks, aluminum hooks and even glass hooks. However, glass crochet hooks are the least common hooks to find; I've been crocheting for a while and I still haven't seen one in person. My latest discovery is the Deborah Norville Birchwood Crochet Hook.
Crocheting has been put on hold for a few months, but just by looking at the Deborah Norville hook I can't wait to start a new project. Each set has one each of 12 sizes; you'll find K-10.5 (6.5mm), E-4 (3.5mm), F-5 (3.75mm), J-10 (6mm), L-11 (8mm), M/N-13 (9mm), N/P-15 (10mm), 7 (4.5mm), Q (12mm), G-6 (4mm), H-8 (5mm), and I-9 (5.5mm). It's great to have a full set of hooks, especially for beginners as it'll give you the chance to play around with the sizes and figure out which you like working with.
The design itself is what I cannot stop gawking at. With a beautiful wood-dyed surface of warm colors, you will easily go to grab this hook for each of your projects. The polished wood surface and smooth tapered points glide effortlessly through any type of yarn. You'll easily want to stare at the hook more than you'll want to use it; it's light and easy to work with, easy on the hands and has a smooth yarn transition per stitch. These hooks are perfect to combine with Deborah Norville's yarn line!
What type of crochet hook do you like working with?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Grab two skeins of your favorite Caron yarn to make this Simply Stripes Baby Blanket. Crochet blankets always make a great homemade… Continue reading: "Simply Stripes Baby Blanketvideocam"
- Chance to win It's a Wrap Red Heart Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Sparkle Soft Yarn!
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Yarn
- Win Lion Brand Textures Yarn!
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- Lion Brand Modern Baby Yarn
- Banana Fiber Yarn
- Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
- The 7 Best Chunky Yarns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters