Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Bernat Cotton-ish By Vickie Howell
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I love crocheting with natural fibers like cotton, wool and bamboo, but sometimes find that cotton and wool can be too soft and can come unraveled easily. So I was very excited to try Bernat Cotton-ish By Vickie Howell since it is half cotton and half acrylic. The yarn is still very soft, but stronger with the addition of the acrylic. It's thicker than 100% cotton, but still has that saturated color that natural fibers often exhibit.
While the yarn comes in many different colors, I was able to try their Cotton Gin (purple), Jersey Jade (the green), and Coffee Filter (the light brown). The Cotton Gin and Jersey Jade are gorgeous colors - very rich, royal and bright. The Coffee Filter is the perfect tone to ground the two bright colors.
I loved how the yarn felt on my fingers as I worked with it - it's soft and it easily glides, making the project go faster. It is a lightweight, medium yarn with a recommended hook size of G (4 mm). I experimented and tried using an H-sized hook with it and found that it also worked well, but makes for a more flimsy fabric.
This yarn is perfect for lightweight, warm-weather clothes like shawls, shrugs, headbands, summer beanies. It would also be well-suited for baby projects like a summer cocoon, baby blanket, headbands, and toys. I would also use it for jewelry, like a bracelet, or edging for a fleece blanket.
Overall, I really enjoyed working with this yarn and look forward to making many more projects with it!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Every woman deserves an Unforgettable Top Down Shawl in her closet. Begin crocheting this free crochet pattern at the center top and… Continue reading: "Unforgettable Top Down Shawlvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet