Bernat Cotton-ish By Vickie Howell
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I love crocheting with natural fibers like cotton, wool and bamboo, but sometimes find that cotton and wool can be too soft and can come unraveled easily. So I was very excited to try Bernat Cotton-ish By Vickie Howell since it is half cotton and half acrylic. The yarn is still very soft, but stronger with the addition of the acrylic. It's thicker than 100% cotton, but still has that saturated color that natural fibers often exhibit.
While the yarn comes in many different colors, I was able to try their Cotton Gin (purple), Jersey Jade (the green), and Coffee Filter (the light brown). The Cotton Gin and Jersey Jade are gorgeous colors - very rich, royal and bright. The Coffee Filter is the perfect tone to ground the two bright colors.
I loved how the yarn felt on my fingers as I worked with it - it's soft and it easily glides, making the project go faster. It is a lightweight, medium yarn with a recommended hook size of G (4 mm). I experimented and tried using an H-sized hook with it and found that it also worked well, but makes for a more flimsy fabric.
This yarn is perfect for lightweight, warm-weather clothes like shawls, shrugs, headbands, summer beanies. It would also be well-suited for baby projects like a summer cocoon, baby blanket, headbands, and toys. I would also use it for jewelry, like a bracelet, or edging for a fleece blanket.
Overall, I really enjoyed working with this yarn and look forward to making many more projects with it!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
This crochet placemat pattern is so stylish, you'll want to do cartwheels--just like the stitches on this easy crochet pattern. The… Continue reading: "Cartwheel-Worthy Placematvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet