Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Banana Fiber Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Banana Fiber Yarn
Gifted By: Darn Good Yarn
Reviewed By: Jeanette Benoit, Editor for AllFreeCrochet.com
This Banana Fiber Yarn from Darn Good Yarn is handspun, hand dyed and super soft. Made by women in Nepal, this Banana Fiber Yarn feels much like silk and is surprisingly durable. The trunk of the banana plant is harvested to make this gorgeous yarn. There are occasional breaks in the yarn due to the handmade nature of this product. When this happens, the yarn is simply tied back together. To care for and clean this yarn, it is recommended that you dry clearn or wash on a delicate cold cycle, and lay flat to dry or briefly toss in the dryer.
Banana Fiber Yarn by Darn Good Yarn is available in a variety of color combinations. One of my favorites is Kaleidoscope Banana Fiber Yarn (pictured above, left). This bright, multicolored yarn would make a great sweater! There is also the Banana Fiber Yarn with Beads (above right), which would make an adorable purse or scarf. Banana Fiber Yarn is great for a variety of simple crochet patterns including sweaters, rugs, leg warmers, and more.
Darn Good Yarn prides itself on providing you with fairly traded and child labor free yarns. Business decisions are based on these principles — all of their yarn is made from recycled and Earth friendly materials and much of it is created from the colorful remnants of the production of silk saris in Nepal and Northern India. These materials are handspun and dyed by women’s groups in Nepal. Darn Good Yarn provides these women with a marketplace for the products, as well as much needed wages for their families. For more information on Darn Good Yarn, check out their company profile here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
If you aren't a fan of the foundation chain, then this Beautifully Unchained Wrap crochet pattern in the right one for you. There are… Continue reading: "Beautifully Unchained Wrapvideocam"
- Homespun Thick and Quick Yarn
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Bernat Baby Crushed Velvet Yarn!
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Enter to win the Simplicity Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder!
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
- Bernat Premium Yarn
- Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
- Bernat Soft Boucle Yarn
- Lion Brand Hometown USA
- Lion Brand Unique Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Team Spirit Scrucnhie
- Field Of Flowers Crochet Stitch
- A Taste Of Honey - Wine Bottle Cozy
- Crochet Scrubbie
- Houndstooth Crocheted Dishcloth
- Golden Maple Fall Scarf
- Gap Year Cardigan
- Peppermint Snail
- Marina Festival Top
- Rustic Sunflower Coaster
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters