15 Free Easy Crochet Patterns for Holiday Visits
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The holidays are often one of the most popular times to travel around the country. Do you ever find yourself sitting on an airplane waiting for your long flight to be over when you just took off 10 minutes ago? When you're traveling anywhere, especially on long flights, you're going to want something to do to keep you busy. Why not bring some free easy crochet patterns to work on?
With Christmas and New Year's Eve so close together, families might decide to stay an entire week or two to visit. With that stay, you can have a joyous time and think of fun Xmas party game ideas to keep you busy for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. But before you leave town you'll want to find some free easy crochet patterns to take along with you. It's so fun and easy to waste time working up a pattern while flying; you'll get to your destination in no time. Not to worry, you're allowed to bring crochet hooks with you on the plane. To Grandmother's house we go!
Plus, don't miss these popular 72 Christmas Decoration Ideas & Christmas Crochet Patterns to crochet for the season.
Patterns to Take Along on Your Holiday Visit:
While you're thinking of Xmas party game ideas to play on Christmas you can also be making free easy crochet patterns to keep you busy. Whether you're flying in a plane or driving in a car, time will always go faster when you're doing something. A skein of yarn and a crochet hook are easy to bring with you and don't take up much space.
- 90-Minute Scarves - A great free Christmas crochet pattern are these 90-minute scarves; you can work them up quickly and even wrap them just in time for gift giving.
- Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf - This scarf is such an easy pattern to put together. If you make a few using different colors you can then nicely display them in a free crochet basket pattern as a fun gift basket.
- Covered Button Scarf - Dress yourself up in a light white scarf with buttons this chilly season. The white color allows you to wear it with any outfit, especially a nice Christmas outfit. This is a beautiful pattern that would make a lovely gift.
- Soft Comfy Poncho for Fall - It's the perfect time to make a Soft Comfy Poncho for Fall or winter. Use this free crochet pattern from Berta Gilholm. She uses a Gala yarn in an Olive/Yellow color and the basic crochet stitches; this is an easy to intermediate crochet pattern.
- Celebrity Poncho - As you're on your holiday visit you can easily make this celebrity poncho for yourself. Although you'll probably be receiving gifts, you can still make a little something for yourself.
- Basic Chunky Hat Crochet Pattern - A free easy crochet pattern like this can sometimes take a bit of time to work up. Hats take some skill to perfect, but if you follow the instructions you should have a hat to wear in no time.
- Mesh Bobble Hat - Free Christmas crochet patterns anyone? Make this cute Mesh Bobble Hat to give to a friend or family member this holiday season.
- Turquoise Slouch Beanie with Buttons - Make this free easy crochet pattern while flying and wrap it up just in time to put under the tree. This is a great pattern to work up while traveling.
- Ball Stitch Dishcloth - Dishcloths are a great fee easy crochet pattern to work up for the holidays. You can make many in just one sitting, including on an airplane or in the car!
- Christmas Tree Bookmark - Dive into a good book this holiday season with this festive bookmark.
- One Skein Winter Scarf - This crochet scarf is made using the cluster stitch and worsted weight yarn in your color of choice.
- Thick and Quick Scarf - Bulky yarn makes this a super fast crochet scarf pattern to work up on-the-go.
- One Hour Wine Bottle Cozy - This is a great last-minute hostess gift idea!
- Travel Pillow - Free crochet pillow patterns like this make traveling much more comfortable.
- One Hour Crochet Hook Case - Keep your hooks neat and tidy while you travel with this quick crochet hook case.
Bethany Steiners from Jimmy Beans Wool has some great tips for traveling with crochet materials this holiday season:
Traveling season is upon us and I’ve just spent some time reviewing the TSA regulations before I hop on the plane! We crocheters are a creative bunch, so I’ve compiled a list of my favorite tips for working around those regulations so that I can finish all my holiday projects on time!
- Need a handy container for your crochet hooks? I like to use a traveling toothbrush holder! I find the ones with the smallest drainage hole, and you can find them for little money at most places (Just double check for length!). You can toss the container in your bag when not in use!
- Scissors are no longer allowed, even my tiny ones, so I just take dental floss for cutting yarn.
- To fasten off your project, use a yarn needle instead of a hook to weave the ends back through. This secures them better and reduces the chances of raveling during those turbulent flights!
We hope you have safe and happy travels this holiday season.
How do you travel during the holidays and which of these projects would you consider making?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Star Bright Crochet Table Runner
- 3D Wild Rose Snowflake
- 16 Crocheted Mother's Day Gifts
- Fresh Peppermint Scrubby
- Crochet for Mom: 20+ Patterns to Make Her Feel Like a Queen Bee
- Holiday Poncho
- Jingle Bells Holiday Scarf
- Bake Me a Cake Crocheted Cupcakes
- Perfectly Plump Crocheted Pumpkins
- Top 10 Mother's Day Crochet Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet