16 Adorable Crochet Baby Dress Patterns (Free!)
Learn how to crochet a baby dress with these darling crochet patterns! Includes baby crochet patterns for beginners.
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn how to crochet a baby dress with one of these 20+ adorable free crochet patterns and offer your brand new bundle of joy some handmade love. Making crochet clothing for babies is easy, fun, and the end result is adorable. Whether you're brand new to crochet or an absolute expert, we have a crochet baby dress pattern for your needs. From fabulous little frocks with lace details to vintage designs that wow, these baby patterns are too cute to pass by.
There are patterns listed for infants, babies, and toddlers! This list includes lovely baby shower gift ideas as well as Easter dress patterns. Doll your girl up in something bright and lacy this spring or hook something in a happy, sunny yarn for the summer.
How to Crochet a Baby Dress! What Yarn Should I Use?
All of these patterns include a suggested yarn brand and type for the frock. We suggest following along with the original pattern. If you cannot find the yarn listed on the project, the best yarn for baby crochet patterns is something machine washable and soft. Make sure to avoid anything too itchy (like wool) since baby skin is especially sensitive.
Table of Contents
Easy Crochet Baby Dress Patterns
These crochet baby dress patterns for beginners are easy to work up and just as adorable. Including easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for crocheting a dress, these cutie projects make great baby shower gifts. If you're making an especially light dress, we recommend gifting it with a matching onesie!
- Striped Baby Dress(Top Left) - 3 months
This simple and striped pattern is ideal for little girls looking for some style. Worked up in two colors, this pattern is easily worked up in bold colors or softened with some subdued pastels.
- Plum Crochet Baby Dress(Top Right) 9-12 months old
Cozy and cute as a button, this crochet baby dress is worked up in lightweight yarn and ideal for babies.
- Butterfly Kisses Baby Dress(Bottom Left) 3-6 months or 6-12 months
Pastel and petite, this pretty little frock can be worked up for little girls up to one year old. Using lightweight yarn and colors, this makes an adorable spring dress.
- Baby Dress with Hat, Booties and Mittens(Bottom Right) 12-18 months
Ideal for babies and toddlers, this set of free crochet patterns come with the whole kit and kaboodle. If you're looking to impress at your next baby shower, present the new mom with this dress, hat, booties, and mittens set.
Baby Dress Patterns for Beginners
Find even more crochet patterns for beginners below. These sweet and simple dresses are great for spring and summer.
- Flamingo Baby Dress(Top Left) 3-9 months
Bring the beach to your baby's wardrobe when you work up this trendy little crochet baby pattern. Featuring a bright and beautiful flamingo, this cutie is perfect for summer.
- Baby Summer Dress/Frock(Top Left) 0-3 months
Keep baby covered from the sun with this summer pattern. Complete with a frilled skirt and a hat to match, this baby set is too cute to pass by.
- Mini Crochet Granny Square Dress for Baby(Bottom Left) 6 months
Learn how to combine granny squares and simple stitches to make this classic little dress. Follow the link for a free step-by-step how to video!
- Baby Sweater Dress(Bottom Right) 0 months
Itty bitty babies often need some help staying warm. This feminine little sweater will help keep your baby girl cozy and stylish.
Simple Baby Dress Patterns
- Pretty, Pretty Princess Reversible Dress(Left) 6 month, 12 months, 3T
This simple and comfy toddler and baby dress pattern is technically an intermediate pattern but works up relatively easily. If you're looking for a simple dress that can be worn on its own, consider this crocheted frock.
- Lemon Drop Toddler Dress(Top Right) 3-6 months, 12-18 months, 2T, 4T
Crocheted with stunning little details, this gorgeous crochet pattern comes in just about any size you might be looking for! This pattern is perfect for church or another formal occasion.
- Pinky Baby Tutu Dress(Bottom Right) Toddler
Find some funky accents and charming details when you check out this baby dress pattern. If your little one is an aspiring ballerina, she's sure to adore this charming pattern.
Lacy Crochet Baby Dress Patterns
Crochet something light. lovely, and lacy for your little one when you work up one of these adorable dress patterns. These lace crochet patterns are an elegant way to add some texture to your girl's wardrobe while ensuring she is comfy and cozy.
- Pinky Pie Baby Dress(Top Left) 0-6 Months
Pretty in pink and lovely in lace, this simple and easy baby dress pattern is perfect for newborns! Relatively easy to work up, this pattern combines the pineapple and shell stitch to create a lacy look.
- Gemstone Lace Dress(Top Right) 24 months to 3T
This crochet pattern is a long-term project with stunning results. Created using lace crochet yarn and crochet thread, this advanced project results in a stunning, seafoam toddler dress with intricate details.
- Pineapple Cascade Baby Dress(Bottom Right) 12 Months
Using the always-loved pineapple motif, this crochet pattern is a lacy pattern that is pretty and breathable for summer. Pair it with a matching onesie and your little one is good to go!
- Tulip Chevrons Crochet Baby Dress(Bottom Center) 12 Months
Combine chevron crochet patterns with fine yarn to make this simple summer crochet pattern for babies. Crocheted to breath and flow, this one make a charming bathing suit coverup.
- Lacy Shells Dress(Bottom Right) 24 months - 3T
Perfect for Easter Sunday or just about any other spring day at church, this lacy shell stitch pattern comes with a matching hat pattern. The example is worked up in a lovely blue-green but it would look just as darling in just about any color yarn.
What type of baby dress pattern do you prefer: simple and quick or complicated and lacy?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Get in touch with your inner flapper with this chic 1920's Rose Swirl Headband. The headband pattern has a lovely crochet flower on… Continue reading: "1920s Rose Swirl Crochet Headbandvideocam"
- Pea Pod Cocoon Crochet Pattern
- Sleeping Sugars Baby Blanket
- Snug As A Bug Onesie
- Anemone Blanket
- Crochet Casserole Blanket
- Preciously Pink Easy Baby Blanket and Hat
- Sweet Baby Slippers
- Easy Done In A Day Baby Blanket
- 30 Minute Newborn Beanie Hat
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet