We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Do you have a baby shower coming up in the next few weeks? If you're looking for a gift idea that is both memorable and practical, then the Two-Color Baby Booties should be at the top of your to-do list. The crochet baby booties pattern consists of adorable shoes in beautiful pastel color combinations that are simply irresistible. And did you see the cute buttons on the sides? You'll fall in love with this design. And if you're worried about starting a difficult pattern, fear not, as this crochet pattern is easy to make.
NotesNotes: Directions are for size 3-6 months. Changes for sizes 6-9 months and 9-12 months are in parentheses.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge7 sts = 2” [5 cm]; 4 rounds = 2” [5 cm] in half double crochet (hdc). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizeFinished Sole Length: 4 (4½, 5)” [10 (11.5, 12.5) cm]
- RED HEART Baby Hugs Light: 1 ball each of any two of the following: 3830 Pool, 3724 Pinkie, 3001 Frosting (Note: First color is for sole and trim, second color is for upper)
- Susan Bates Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Stitch markers
- Two ¾” (19mm) buttons
- Yarn needle
When you think of crochet baby booties, you likely also think of baby blankets! The newest arrival in your family will love getting wrapped up in these beautiful crochet baby blankets. Find a new free pattern to crochet when you check out this collection of 32 Cute Baby Blanket Crochet Patterns
hdc2tog (half double crochet 2 stitches together) = [Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop] 2 times, yarn over and draw through all 5 loops on hook.
Bootie (make 2)
With first color, ch 9 (11, 13).
Round 1 (right side): Work 2 hdc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next 6 (8, 10) ch, 6 hdc in last ch; working across opposite side of foundation ch, hdc in next 6 (8, 10) ch, 2 hdc in next ch; join with slip st in first hdc—22 (26, 30) hdc.
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc in first st, hdc in next 7 (9, 11) sts, 2 hdc in next 6 sts, hdc in next 7 (9, 11) sts, 2 hdc in last st; join with slip st in first hdc—30 (34, 38) hdc.
Round 3: Ch 1, sc in each st around; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Round 4: With right side facing, join second color with slip st in same st as joining, repeat Round 3.
Round 5: Ch 1, sc in first 9 (11, 13) sc, [hdc2tog] 6 times, sc in last 9 (11, 13) sc; join with slip st in first sc—24 (28, 32) sts
Round 6: Ch 1, sc in first 8 (10, 12) sts, [hdc2tog] 4 times, sc in next 8 (10, 12) sts; join with slip st in first sc—20 (24, 28) sts.
Set two booties side by side. Place a marker at center of inside edge of each bootie.
Strap and trim: Join first color with slip st in marked st, ch 18 (20, 22) for strap, sc in same st and each st around; join with slip st in first slip st.
Sew a button to top edge of each bootie, opposite strap.
Weave in ends.
- half double crochet
- single crochet
- [ ]
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
If you're looking for even more crochet baby booties, then you're in the right spot! You'll love discovering adorable crochet patterns that will keep your little one's feet warm when you take a look at this free eBook. The assortment of patterns available will delight and inspire you. Get started on more projects when you take a look at 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Take a walk through some medieval woods with the Majestic Hooded Scarf Pattern. While wearing this crochet scarf, you'll feel like you… Continue reading: "Majestic Hooded Scarf Patternvideocam"
Bubbly Baby Cardigan
30 Minute Newborn Beanie Hat
One Skein Baby Bib
Blueberry Baby Dress Easy Crochet Pattern
Preciously Pink Easy Baby Blanket and Hat
13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
Baby Booties Style 1
Easy Baby Romper
Rainbow Easy Crochet Baby Booties
Pineapple Cascade Baby Dress
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn
- Vivo Top
- Cotton Candy Slipper Socks
- Take Me Everywhere Crochet Tote Bag
- Ocean Waves Halter Top
- Catherine Hat
- Mary Market Tote
- Mini Pom-Pom Crochet Gnome Pattern
- Cute Crescent Moon Crochet Pattern
- Amigurumi Cork - for Cork Gnomes
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet