16 Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns
Diaper cover crochet patterns your little ones will look darling in!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Bringing home your bundle of joy for the first time is absolutely priceless. Not only are you emotional, but you also fear that you don't have a clue what you're doing. To make your journey even more exciting you might as well whip up some baby crochet patterns. Fun designs to work up for the summer are crochet diaper covers. Often times the baby can get really hot during the summer heat, so you won't want to dress the baby in very much.
A free diaper cover crochet pattern like any of the ones we have listed below is a cute way to cover up your baby's diaper, but also give the appearance of a cute little outfit when there's really not much on. Diaper covers like these make great photo props for your baby's first photo session. You might not remember all the poopy diapers you have to change, but you'll always remember the cute baby crochet patterns you worked up over time.
Check out the adorable BONUS VIDEO below to see how you can make a super cute baby cocoon!
Table of Contents
For more adorable baby patterns, check out Red Heart's Best: 12 Free Baby Crochet Patterns
Tips on How to Crochet a Diaper Cover
Whether you're looking for cute photo props and outfits, a fun Halloween costume or you just want to find a way to keep your little one cool in the summer, crochet diaper covers are so quick and so easy to make! As with any handmade item, they're endlessly customizeable and, because they're for babies, they can be worked up in an evening or less!
1. Crochet diaper covers are typically worked in one piece with some easy decreases along the way. Your pattern will tell you where to decrease and by how many stitches, so don't fret!
2. Diaper cover crochet patterns usually involve sewing on a button - you can secure the button any way you want, there's no correct stitch to use or anything. As long as it stays on, that's all that matters.
3. When you finish working your pattern, you will fold up the bottom of your diaper cover and then fold in the sides based on where your button is.
4. Remember, since this is a baby pattern that covers a diaper, make sure you choose yarn that is both soft and durable. You'll likely be washing it often, so finding something machine washable is a good idea.
Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns
These free crochet diaper cover patterns are perfect for baby, whether you want to use it as an everyday clothing item or a special photo prop. Crochet diaper cover patterns come in all sizes, so you'll find patterns for 0-3 months as well as a free crochet diaper cover pattern for 3-6 months.
- Crochet Baseball Hat & Diaper CoverYour newborn will be the little all star player ever in this Crochet Baseball Hat & Diaper Cover. Work up this easy crochet pattern as a gift for a baby shower or for your own baby. There aren't a lot of baby patterns made for boys, but this one will definitely be a home run in a baseball-loving daddy's eyes.
- Police Hat and Diaper SetUsing multiple crochet stitches you can work up this cute Police Hat and Diaper Set for your little one. Made for a little boy or little girl you can dress you baby up for fun photo shoots.
- Giraffe Hat and Diaper Cover Set Single crochet and half double crochet stitches are all you need to know how to do in order to make this adorable crochet baby pattern.
- Mickey and Minnie Inspired Diaper CoversIf you're tired of putting you baby in boring onesies or letting them run around in just a diaper then you might be interested in these Mickey and Minnie Inspired Diaper Covers.
- Ribbed Diaper CoverMake this Ribbed Diaper Cover if you're currently expecting a new bundle of joy. This easy crochet pattern would also make a unique baby shower gift for an expectant friend. Use worsted weight yarn to complete this pattern. The button detail adds a nice finishing touch.
- Furry Baby Diaper CoverInstead of having your little one crawl around in just a diaper throw on this Furry Baby Diaper Cover. This baby crochet pattern is easy to work up and makes a great gift for a baby shower.
- Mickey Mouse Inspired Hat & Diaper CoverRelive your Disney filled childhood with this Mickey Mouse inspired baby hat and diaper cover! A perfect gift for any mommy-to-be.
- Winnie The Pooh Inspired Hat & Diaper Cover SetLearn how to create this adorable Winnie The Pooh hat and diaper cover set with this easy pattern! It would make the perfect baby shower gift, or baby photography prop!
- Baby Diaper CoverBaby crochet patterns are super cute, especially when they are homemade. Try your hand at this one piece wonder Baby Diaper Cover; it fits newborn to three months. You need to know single and double crochet, treble and back loop to make this pattern.
- The Parker Crochet Diaper CoverThis simplistic diaper cover is perfect for little bottoms! The skill level for this pattern is easy and you will need to know front post and back post double crochets.
Crochet Diaper Cover Pants and Rompers
If you're looking for something that offers a little more coverage than a crochet diaper, how about working up some crochet baby pants and rompers?
- Baby Rainbow RomperThis crochet romper has a unisex design so don't be put off making one for your little man because of the pink. It is a simple pattern and if you know your basic stitches you will make it no problem.
- Boy Romper SetThis is the sweater and romper set for small children, and it's perfect for a baby who's 12 to 16 months old.
- Crochet Footed Baby PantsWho doesn't love some cute crochet clothes? This cute crocheted baby pants with booties is a nice addition to any baby wardrobe and is also very nice to use for baby photography, as it will give it a different look, yet still cute and adorable.
- Learn how to create this adorable Strawberry Shortcake baby playsuit, perfect for a super fruity summer! This onesie is made to give a nice and snug fit to keep your little one nice and cozy as she enjoys a sunny day.
- Boy's Crochet Sweater & Pants SetThis Boys Crochet Sweater & Pants Set is the cutest set you will ever see. Not only are the colors perfect for a little boy, but this is a great crochet pattern for the spring season. He can wear it during the warmer weather, but also sport it for Easter Sunday.
- Newborn Crochet RomperIf you're due to have a little girl during the summer season then you must make this Newborn Crochet Romper. She will look so stylish wearing Caron Simply Soft in different crochet colors. The legs have ties so you can make it a bit tighter if need be, while the straps of the outfit are tie-ups as well, so it'll remain secure.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Throw on something irresistibly warm with the Cozy Tweed Crochet Poncho. You can pull this poncho over just about anything a t-shirt,… Continue reading: "Cozy Tweed Crochet Ponchovideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rorschach Square
- Primrose Square
- Mock-Race Hangers
- How To Crochet A Bag Step By Step
- Fettucini Cat Dog Pet Bed
- X's Can and Glass Bottle Cozy
- Butterfly Wreath Hanger Cover
- Incrocio Cowl
- Easy Crochet Basket Pattern
- Cute Mini Hearts Crochet Beanie Hat
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet