13 Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns
Work up crochet diaper cover patterns your little ones will look darling in!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Bringing home your bundle of joy for the first time is absolutely priceless. Not only are you emotional, but you also fear that you don't have a clue what you're doing.
To make your journey even more exciting you might as well whip up some baby crochet patterns. This collection of 16 Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns offers many of the cutest designs we've ever seen.
Fun designs to work up for the summer are crochet diaper covers. Often times the baby can get really hot during the summer heat, so you won't want to dress the baby in very much.
A free diaper cover crochet pattern like any of the ones we have listed below is a cute way to cover up your baby's diaper, but also give the appearance of a cute little outfit when there's really not much on. Many of them also come with a matching hat. These crochet baby sets are the most adorable things you've ever seen, we promise!
Diaper covers like these make great photo props for your baby's first photo session. You might not remember all the poopy diapers you have to change, but you'll always remember the cute baby crochet patterns you worked up over time.
PLUS! Check out the adorable BONUS VIDEO below to see how you can make a super cute baby cocoon!
Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns
These free crochet diaper cover patterns are perfect for baby, whether you want to use it as an everyday clothing item or a special photo prop. Crochet diaper cover patterns come in all sizes, so you'll find patterns for 0-3 months as well as a free crochet diaper cover pattern for 3-6 months. We also love that many of them are sets, which includes both the diaper cover and a crochet hat (or sweater).
The adorable pom poms on this cute pattern make this a particularly great project for cold-weather babies. Experiment with different color combinations!
via Sweet Everly B
This beautiful diaper cover is easy on and easy off for a comfy baby! This is also a quick pattern you can work up in under 4 hours.
via Designs by Diligence
If you're tired of putting your baby in boring onesies or letting them run around in just a diaper then you might be interested in these Mickey and Minnie Inspired Diaper Covers.
via Repeat Crafter Me
Your newborn will be the little all star player ever in this Crochet Baseball Hat & Diaper Cover. Work up this easy crochet pattern as a gift for a baby shower or for your own baby. There aren't a lot of baby patterns made for boys, but this one will definitely be a home run in a baseball-loving daddy's eyes.
via Crochet Jewel
Relive your Disney filled childhood with this Mickey Mouse inspired baby hat and diaper cover! A perfect gift for any mommy-to-be.
via Hopeful Honey
Learn how to create this adorable Winnie The Pooh hat and diaper cover set with this easy pattern! It would make the perfect baby shower gift, or baby photography prop!
via Hopeful Honey
This simplistic diaper cover is perfect for little bottoms! The skill level for this pattern is easy and you will need to know front post and back post double crochets.
Make your little boy or girl into a floppy-eared bunny with a cottontail. This diaper cover pattern with matching hat is one of the cutest things we've seen.
via Left in Knots
A rainbow tail makes this adorable pattern truly vibrant! Make for the unicorn baby in your life.
via Lovable Loops
The pom pom tail on this adorable pattern set is to die for! This is a great project for Easter babies.
via All About Ami
Baby crochet patterns are super cute, especially when they are homemade. Try your hand at this one piece wonder Baby Diaper Cover; it fits newborn to three months. You need to know single and double crochet, treble and back loop to make this pattern.
For more adorable baby patterns, check out Red Heart's Best: 12 Free Baby Crochet Patterns
Tips on How to Crochet a Diaper Cover
Whether you're looking for cute photo props and outfits, a fun Halloween costume or you just want to find a way to keep your little one cool in the summer, crochet diaper covers are so quick and so easy to make! As with any handmade item, they're endlessly customizable and, because they're for babies, they can be worked up in an evening or less!
- Crochet diaper covers are typically worked in one piece with some easy decreases along the way. Your pattern will tell you where to decrease and by how many stitches, so don't fret!
- These patterns usually involve sewing on a button - you can secure the button any way you want, there's no correct stitch to use or anything. As long as it stays on, that's all that matters.
- When you finish working your pattern, you will fold up the bottom of your diaper cover and then fold in the sides based on where your button is.
- Remember, since this is a baby pattern, make sure you choose yarn that is both soft and durable. You'll likely be washing it often, so finding something machine washable is a good idea.
16 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns Using Worsted Weight Yarn>>>
What is your favorite children's book?
Let us know in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Take all the romance of knights and folk heroes like Robin Hood and you'll get the Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawl. Imagine yourself… Continue reading: "Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawlvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Eternal Cable Crop Top
- Boho Fall Lines Wall Hanging
- Boho Wall Hanging
- Popping Posts Crochet Throw Blanket
- Monstera Crochet Cowl
- Milkweed Leaf Shawl
- Simple And Best Socks
- Everyday Crochet Sweater
- Crochet Baby Set Using The Granny Stitch
- All You Need Is Love Cardigan
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters