How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch + 21 Free Crochet Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Often times I will be looking at all the free crochet patterns we have on the site and I will come across some very pretty ones. A lot of those times they happen to be patterns that use the bobble stitch. What is the bobble stitch, you ask? It's a combination of four double crochet stitches or half double crochet stitches in the same stitch, but you leave each double crochet stitch incomplete without pulling through the last stitch. You then link them together at the end. The bobble stitch does take a bit of math and counting, so if you're not the greatest mathematician then make sure you have a pen and paper next to you so you can write things down.
The crochet bobble stitch really is a neat stitch that can be used in a lot of projects. My favorites are the bobble stitch hats and purses. This stitch is much like the popcorn stitch in that it adds dimension and texture making it a fun crochet pattern to put together. If you're tired of doing the same old double crochet stitch then learn to do the bobble stitch which is just a bit different. It makes your projects fun and unique-looking. You can use the bobble stitch to make just about anything you want. Make an afghan pattern using the bobble stitch and you'll have a heavy and warm crochet afghan blanket for the winter. You'll find an assortment of new projects to try when you take a look at How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch + Free Crochet Patterns. Feeling a bit confused? You can check out our video below. Just keep in mind the videos is on how to crochet a bobble stitch left-handed.
Table of Contents
How Do I Make The Bobble Stitch?
To create a bobble stitch with three double crochet stitches:
1. Yarn Over (YO), insert hook in next stitch, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through two loops.
2. (YO, insert hook in same stitch, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through two loops) two times
3. YO, and draw through all loops on hook.
Note: Know that when you're bobbling, the bobbles will show on the right side of your work and you're actually working on the wrong side, so when you flip it over you will see your beautiful work.
To make your learning experience a bit easier, take a look at the video above. Just keep in mind this video includes instructions for crocheting the bobble stitch left-handed. If you're like me, then being a visual learner is much easier than reading through a pattern. You can also check out the following bobble stitch tutorials for even more information.
When you think of the bobble stitch, you likely think of blankets! And what can be cuter to crochet than a baby blanket? This collection of free crochet baby blanket patterns is one you need to see. Get inspiration for your next baby shower gift when you take a look at these 32 Cute Baby Blanket Crochet Patterns
Crochet Scarves And Hats With The Bobble Stitch
Cold weather gear doesn't have to look dull! With the crochet bobble stitch, you and your family can look fashion-forward and stay warm. Use this intricate stitch to crochet hats and scarves that will help you brave the elements. Many of these crochet patterns are easy to make, too, so you could create new gear over the weekend.
Cuddle-Worthy Bobble Stitch Afghans And Super Cute Granny Squares
If you love spending free time cuddled under a blanket while binge-watching your favorite TV show, then you need to make a crochet bobble stitch blanket! With their beautiful designs and unique style, these crochet blankets will look cute adorned on your favorite couch. You can also create a number of crochet granny squares using the bobble stitch for a truly unique look.
Accessorize With The Bobble Stitch
Add some glam and flair to your everyday outfits when you incorporate the bobble stitch in your accessories. Purses, bags, and so many other items will have a unique and textured look that is anything but ordinary. The following crochet patterns are just what you need to make your outfits complete.
Having options right at your fingertips with step-by-step crochet tutorials is extremely helpful when trying to find the right stitch: 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns, Volume II
What do you plan to make with the crochet bobble stitch?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Types of Crochet Hooks
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns
- Learn to Crochet: 39 Simple Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- The History of Crochet: From Tambour through Irish Crochet
- Patterns by Crochet Hook Sizes
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns, Volume II
- How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch + 21 Free Crochet Patterns
- Learning the Crochet Stitches
- The Do's and Don'ts of Crochet
- Types of Yarn and Yarn Weight
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet