How to Crochet a Bobble Stitch + 22 Bobble Stitch Patterns
Learn how to work the textured crochet bobble stitch today!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
What is a bobble stitch? The bobble stitch is a combination of four double crochet stitches or half double crochet stitches in the same stitch, but when you work it, you leave each double crochet stitch incomplete without pulling through the last stitch. You then link them together at the end.
Learn the stitch and then check out the patterns on this page, How to Crochet a Bobble Stitch + 22 Bobble Stitch Patterns. The crochet bobble stitch really is a neat stitch that can be used in a lot of projects. The crochet bobble stitch really is a neat stitch that can be used in a lot of projects.
This stitch is much like the popcorn stitch in that it adds dimension and texture making it a fun crochet pattern to put together. Make an afghan pattern using bobbles and you'll have a heavy and warm crochet afghan blanket for the winter. This crochet stitch is also perfect for baby items as they love the texture!
Feeling a bit confused or need a refresher on the bobble stitch? Don't worry because you can check out our video below. Just keep in mind the videos is on how to crochet a bobble stitch left-handed, so righties, just reverse the directions. If you'd prefer written instructions, take a look at the section below.
Table of Contents
How to Crochet a Bobble Stitch
If the video above isn't enough, then take a look at these simple instructions or one of the tutorial links below. To create a bobble crochet stitch with three double crochet stitches:
1. Yarn Over (YO), insert hook in next stitch, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through two loops.
2. (YO, insert hook in same stitch, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through two loops) two times
3. YO, and draw through all loops on hook.
Note: Know that when you're bobbling, the bobbles will show on the right side of your work and you're actually working on the wrong side, so when you flip it over you will see your beautiful work.
When you think of the bobble stitch, you likely think of blankets! And what can be cuter to crochet than a baby blanket? This collection of free crochet baby blanket patterns is one you need to see. Get inspiration for your next baby shower gift when you take a look at these
Bobble Stitch Crochet Scarves And Hats
Cold weather gear doesn't have to look dull! With the crochet bobble stitch, you and your family can look fashion-forward and stay warm.
Use this intricate stitch to crochet hats and scarves that will help you brave the elements.
Many of these crochet patterns are easy to make, too, so you could create new gear over the weekend. Nothing looks better than a scarf or hat that has lots of fun texture.
The image shown here is for the Mulberry Bobble Scarf. It's ultra warm because the construction is all bobbles. Make this for yourself to wear in the upcoming cold weather or give it as a gift to someone else to stay warm.
Cuddle-Worthy Crochet Bobble Stitch Afghans And Granny Squares
If you love spending free time cuddled under a blanket while binge-watching your favorite TV show, then you need to make a crochet bobble stitch blanket!
With their beautiful designs and unique style, these crochet blankets will look cute adorned on your favorite couch. Or your kid's room with something like this LEGO Block.
You can also create a number of crochet granny squares using the bobble stitch for a truly unique look. Be sure to look at all of the patterns below to see.
If you think scarves made with the bobble stitch are warm, just wait until you experience a bobble stitch crochet blanket pattern. Afghans and granny squares are ideal for bobble stitch crochet.
Accessorize With The Bobble Stitch
Add some glam and flair to your everyday outfits when you incorporate the bobble stitch in your accessories, like the Cables and Bobbles Boot Cuffs that are shown here.
Purses, bags, and so many other items will have a unique and textured look that is anything but ordinary.
The following crochet patterns are just what you need to make your outfits complete. Just click the links to see for yourself!
If you want a smaller project that uses up some of your extra yarn, then try using the bobble crochet stitch. These bobble stitch patterns all involve wearables with fun textural features thanks to the bobble.
Having options right at your fingertips with step-by-step crochet tutorials is extremely helpful when trying to find the right stitch: 8 Different Crochet Stitches, Volume II
What do you plan to make with the crochet bobble stitch?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
If you're unsure of what to give as a wedding gift then look no further. This Heirloom Wedding Ring Quilt is one of the most beautiful… Continue reading: "Heirloom Wedding Ring Quiltvideocam"
- 39 Easy Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet Stitch Directory
- Patterns by Crochet Hook Sizes
- Crochet Abbreviations List
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns
- What Does SP Mean in Crochet?
- How Many Crochet Stitches Are There?
- The Best Uses for Crochet Thread
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Volume II
- How to Measure a Crochet Hook
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Fireside Shawl
- Lacy Flower Coaster
- Crochet Mini Treat Bags
- Basketweave Stitch (one Row Repeat) | Crafting Happiness
- Cherry Puff Stitch
- Puff Rainbow Earrings
- Kitchen Towel Holder
- Flower Meadow Blanket
- Vibrant 4-hour Crochet Table Runner
- Crochet Triangle Scarf
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet