Universal Jumble Yarn Set Review
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Universal Jumble Yarn Set Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
It's not often that something "wows" me in the crafting world, but the latest set from Jimmy Beans Wool is truly amazing. The Universal Jumble Set is stunning in more ways than one and is great for those who love to mix and match different types and colors of yarn.
Each kit contains six skeins of Universal yarn including Garden Metallic, Universe, Whisper Lace, Bamboo Pop, Cotton True Sport and Flax. The kit also includes a knit and crochet version of a pattern, the crochet hook and knitting needle required for the pattern and a shawl pin to keep the shawl in place.
Working with different yarns on a single project can be painful, but the Jumble Set is a great way to get you started. Garden Metallic is exactly what it sounds like; it's a size 10 cotton thread with bits of metallic fibers throughout the strands making it sparkle like magic. Universe has glitter yarn mixed with linen, combed cotton and polyamide giving it a fabulous shimmer. Whisper Lace is an amazingly soft super fine yarn you'll want to keep touching. It's made with 70% wool and 30% silk giving it that smooth finish. Bamboo Pop is another soft yarn made of 50% cotton and 50% bamboo. You'll notice as I go through each of these yarns that their weights tend to differ. Cotton True Sport is a fine weight yarn made of 100% pima cotton; it's soft to the touch, but also seems like it's a good type of yarn to absorb wetness. Flax is a bit on the rougher side made of 100% linen. This will add a bit of texture to your project.
The Universal Jumble Set comes in four color options: Aqua, Lilac, Pink and Red, all of which have different shades and textures in each set. I can't express enough what a beautiful set this is; every knitter and crocheter should experience this at least once.
What is your favorite type of yarn to crochet with?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
"The Wobbly Rectangles Blanket was made because I wanted to make a blanket that was worked in rounds and allowed me to use my favorite… Continue reading: "Wobbly Rectangles Blanketvideocam"
- Win Patons Metallic Yarn!
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Learn to Crocodile Stitch: 4 Easy Techniques
- Chance to win a Red Heart Pom & Tassel Maker!
- Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
- Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
- Naturally Caron Yarn: Joy!
- Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Yarn
- Bernat Soft Boucle Yarn
- Win Red Heart Super Saver Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rustic Sunflower Towel Topper
- Easy Tunisian Honeycomb Stitch Dishcloth
- Tunisian Honeycomb Stitch Tutorial
- How To Crochet A Granny Square
- Jasmine Shawl
- Harlyn Shawl
- Mini Amigurumi Flamingo
- Watermelon Coaster
- Crochet Penguin Ornament
- Cool Breeze Spa Washcloth
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters