Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Lion Brand Unique Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Unique Yarn by Lion Brand truly is “unique”. It is one of the most fun yarns I have ever worked with. Unique is a two stranded yarn that changes color as you go, creating an amazing finished look. You get almost a different color combination throughout each 3.5oz/109yard skein, since each strand changes colors at different times, giving a finished look that is reminiscent of tweed. It was exciting to see what color combination would be coming next.
Unique is also incredibly soft and lofty. The Lion Brand website categorizes this yarn as a craft or rug yarn but it just screamed garment to me. Since it is a bulky yarn it works up quickly but unlike some bulky yarns, it has a great drape.
Unique is available in 8 fun colors. I had the choice of three and I had a really hard time choosing. I ended up deciding on Jewel; a blend of purples, blues, greens, gold/browns and magenta, and Grapevine; which contains different hues of grays, blues, purple/lavenders and magenta. Both were gorgeous and created striking finished garments. This yarn is also ideal for garments because it is 100% acrylic, thereby machine washable and dryable.
I will certainly be purchasing more of this luscious yarn; I can’t want to try the other 6 color combinations.
Check out these exclusive patterns designed by Lorene Eppolite for AllFreeCrochet:
Unique Shell Vest: This stylish crocheted vest is a lightweight and airy design. The back is constructed in one piece from top to bottom and the two front panels are crocheted in two sections and joined as you go.
Unique Lace Crochet Wrap: This is a beautiful crochet pattern that is great for women of all ages. It's a wonderful layering piece that can be worn a number of different ways.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
This crochet pattern will transport you back over 50 years in time! You'll go slack-jawed over the 1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan… Continue reading: "1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan Patternvideocam"
- Win a Caspian Wood Crochet Hook Set!
- Win an Amour Crochet Hook Set!
- Enter to win the ChiaoGoo Yarn Butler!
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Enter to win the Simplicity Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder!
- Best Crochet Hooks
- Bernat Soft Boucle Yarn
- Win Red Heart Super Saver Yarn!
- Knots of Love Tote and Goodies
- Naturally Caron Spa Yarn
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters