Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Even though it's not quite cold enough to wear hats and scarves, it's never too early to be thinking about snugly crochet projects for the upcoming winter. The idea for this Fox Pup Slouchy Hat has been in my idea book for over a year, and I kept thinking I would get to it "soon." When I was approached by AllFreeCrochet to review this lovely Scarfie yarn by Lion Brand, I knew it would be perfect for this hat.
It couldn't have worked out better! The ombre cream to black coloring is beautiful for this hat. Scarfie is soft and chunky; you can have your hat made up in one evening. Scarfie yarn is a lofty wool blend, with a soft striping ombre effect when working up a project. The gradual shading from one color to another look amazing once I worked up the hat. I wore it around for about an hour, but I decided that it's not quite cool enough for this snugly hat. I look forward to wearing it during the colder months, which will be in my neck of the woods in a few weeks.
Be warned, it does get a tad messy if you need to pull out your work, the fuzziness of the yarn catches on itself and doesn't frog super smoothly. Just be patient and gentle and you won't ruin the yarn or your project. This finished hat is lovely and adorable!
So get your Scarfie yarn and hook and get crocheting!
Make the Timber Wolf Slouch Hat with Scarfie Yarn!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Get ready for the best accessory of the season with this Extra Special Summer Lace Scarf. If you've always wanted to crochet with lace… Continue reading: "Extra Special Summer Lace Scarfvideocam"
- Red Heart Grande Yarn
- SERENITY Chunky Weight Yarn
- Martha Stewart Crafts Mambo Yarn in Zebra
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Enter to win the Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Enter to win the Simplicity Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder!
- Red Heart Heads Up Yarn
- Lion Brand Hometown USA
- Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Sienna Harvest Berry Shawl
- Jefferson Street Beanie
- Cross Puff Stitch Crochet Square
- Rhapsody Beanie
- Tree Sprout Doll
- Four Square Dishcloth
- Four Square Hearts Dishcloth
- Diamond Quilt C2c Graphgan
- Bearrison Bear
- Mountain Trail Tweed Blanket
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters