Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Lion Brand Gold Leaf Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Lion Brand Yarn is one of my go to yarns. They offer almost everything I could possibly imagine, even yarns I have not yet imagined. I never would have thought of yarn with gold leaf on it… but the folks at Lion Brand Yarns did, and boy is it cool.
The Gold Leaf ® Yarn by Lion Brand Yarns comes in 7 awesome colors, each with either gold or silver flaking. I had the opportunity to work with the Black/Gold color way.
When I first saw the yarn in person, I was a little afraid that the gold flaking would peel off as I was working with it, but I need not worry. Like all other Lion Brand Yarns I have worked with, the quality of this yarn was exceptional. The flaking stayed intact, even through a gentle hand washing.
This yarn would work great for cowls, hats, scarfs, but as soon as I got my hands on it I envisioned an adorable capelet for my little girl. Since this yarn is a #6 super bulky weight, my project worked up super-fast. The gold leaf randomly showed throughout the pattern, creating a fabulous and fancy design.
I’d definitely work with this yarn again. Gold Leaf ® Yarn from Lion Brand Yarns will take any pattern from drab to fab.
Weight Category: 6 - Super Bulky Weight: Bulky, Roving Yarn
2.60 oz./75 g (49 yd/45 m)
90% Acrylic, 10% Wool, Exclusive of Decoration
Crochet: 7.5 sc and 10 rows = 4" (10 cm) on size N-13 (9 mm) hook
Knit: 10.5 stitches x 15 rows = 4" (10 cm) on size 11 (8 mm) needles
Product Care Instructions:
Items made from this yarn may be laundered through the use of water, detergent or soap and gentle hand manipulation. Lay out horizontally for drying.
A special thank you to AllFreeCrochet for the opportunity to review this yarn.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghan is the ultimate crochet pattern for beginners. This crochet afghan is so easy, quick and fun to work… Continue reading: "Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghanvideocam"
- Lion Brand Unique Yarn
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn
- Chance to win the Clover Mini Weaving Loom!
- Enter to win the Simplicity Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder!
- Knots of Love Tote and Goodies
- Banana Fiber Yarn
- Enter to win Puzzle Yarn!
- Lion Brand Cotton-Ease Yarn
- Enter to win Raffia Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Double Waffle Crochet Baby Blanket
- Sunny Summer Crochet Doily Tutorial
- How to Do a Popcorn Stitch in Crochet
- V-Stitch and Shell Stitch Tutorial
- How to Crochet the Shell Stitch
- Honeycomb Cardigan - Bobble Stitch Cardigan
- Crochet V-Stitch Photo Tutorial
- Thermal Single Crochet Stitch
- Screen Window Square
- How to Weave in Yarn Ends
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters