Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Lion Brand Gold Leaf Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Lion Brand Yarn is one of my go to yarns. They offer almost everything I could possibly imagine, even yarns I have not yet imagined. I never would have thought of yarn with gold leaf on it… but the folks at Lion Brand Yarns did, and boy is it cool.
The Gold Leaf ® Yarn by Lion Brand Yarns comes in 7 awesome colors, each with either gold or silver flaking. I had the opportunity to work with the Black/Gold color way.
When I first saw the yarn in person, I was a little afraid that the gold flaking would peel off as I was working with it, but I need not worry. Like all other Lion Brand Yarns I have worked with, the quality of this yarn was exceptional. The flaking stayed intact, even through a gentle hand washing.
This yarn would work great for cowls, hats, scarfs, but as soon as I got my hands on it I envisioned an adorable capelet for my little girl. Since this yarn is a #6 super bulky weight, my project worked up super-fast. The gold leaf randomly showed throughout the pattern, creating a fabulous and fancy design.
I’d definitely work with this yarn again. Gold Leaf ® Yarn from Lion Brand Yarns will take any pattern from drab to fab.
Weight Category: 6 - Super Bulky Weight: Bulky, Roving Yarn
2.60 oz./75 g (49 yd/45 m)
90% Acrylic, 10% Wool, Exclusive of Decoration
Crochet: 7.5 sc and 10 rows = 4" (10 cm) on size N-13 (9 mm) hook
Knit: 10.5 stitches x 15 rows = 4" (10 cm) on size 11 (8 mm) needles
Product Care Instructions:
Items made from this yarn may be laundered through the use of water, detergent or soap and gentle hand manipulation. Lay out horizontally for drying.
A special thank you to AllFreeCrochet for the opportunity to review this yarn.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie has got to be one of the best crochet baby blanket patterns you can find. It's the perfect size… Continue reading: "The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankievideocam"
- Lion Brand Modern Baby Yarn
- The Boye Crochet Master
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- Homespun Thick and Quick Yarn
- Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Yarn
- Red Heart Fleecy Yarn
- Enter to win Boutique Sashay Team Spirit Yarn!
- Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
- Everything Mary Yarn Tote
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet