Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
It's a Wrap Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
It's a Wrap Red Heart Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
Red Heart has come out with yet another yarn line and it's quite unique. It's a Wrap is a super fine yarn made of 50% cotton and 50% acrylic, so it's nice and soft. Each skein consists of 1,100 yards of yarn, which is quite the bundle.
A lightweight yarn like this is great to make spring and summer garments with. Because it's so lightweight you can easily sport a wrap or shawl in the summer without overheating. The beautiful projects you can make with this yarn are endless and you really will want to make many items with it. The soft and drapey fabric will make you feel like a queen.
It's a Wrap comes in only 7 colors, but they are "punny" like Documentary, Comedy, Drama, Action, Romance, Thriller and Western. As you might be able to imagine, the color names try to match what the color schematic would be. For example, Romance is a mixture of pink, purple and red, while Western is a combo of gray and brown neutrals. Each skein has a unique three-color combination that works up beautifully. With such a large amount of yardage in each skein you can easily make a shawl with just a single skein for that wonderful color block look. However, if you need more than one skein for your project then be sure to buy enough of the same dye lot to complete it.
This yarn is soft and you’ll want to be draped in it all day long. To make your garments and projects last longer you’ll want to machine wash in warm or cold water on the gentle cycle and lay flat to dry. If you follow the instructions your project will surely become an heirloom.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
These Quick and Easy Crochet Slipper Socks are perfect for anyone who wants to keep their feet nice and cozy around the house or in… Continue reading: "Quick and Easy Crochet Slipper Socks"
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Bernat Premium Yarn
- Homespun Thick and Quick Yarn
- Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
- Chance to win Red Heart Hygge Charm Yarn!
- Naturally Caron Spa Yarn
- Red Heart Sizzle
- Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Bernat Baby Crushed Velvet Yarn!
- Lion Brand Unique Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blessed Three Star Coaster
- May Interlocking Square
- Cotton Yarn Pads
- Little Lily Baby Blanket
- Lily's Floral Rectangle Doily
- C2c Elephant
- Indigo Sweater
- Pretty In Pink Elephant Lovey
- Clustered V-st Crochet Preemie Blanket Pattern
- Ice Cream - Easy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters