Mrs. Crosby Hat Box Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I recently had the pleasure of trying out Hat Box by Mrs. Crosby. I had a really wonderful time working with this DK weight yarn and immediately knew I wanted to make a lovely scarf.
When you see and pick up the yarn, it looks and feels like a luxury skein. The color I was given is called “Midnight Aubergine,” a richly colored, elegant purple. There are subtle varying shades of the purple throughout, giving it fabulous dimension. Hat Box is 75% Superwash Merino Wool, 15% Silk, 10% Cashmere, so you can imagine how soft and smooth it was to work with. I had absolutely no problems with any splitting or snags...the yarn glided through my hands onto my hook. Besides the gorgeous color, my favorite thing about the yarn was the wonderful softness is has, while still maintaining the definition of stitch work.
As I mentioned before, I made a light weight scarf from the yarn. As my project grew, I noticed the lovely drape, neither flimsy, nor stiff. It is a perfect yarn for wearing against the skin because of its buttery softness. My project also has a ruffle detail and flower applique, and the yarn performed beautifully, giving each element the definition and sturdiness that it needed as well.
Hat Box by Mrs. Crosby comes in a spectrum of colors, from soft neutrals to bright and bold, to rich earth tones, so you'll definitely be sure to find one you love. This yarn was absolutely decadent and is definitely a yarn lover's treat!
PLUS! This Vintage Blossom Crochet Scarf is made using Mrs. Crosby Hat Box Yarn. This free crochet scarf pattern has a fabulous vintage look and a lighter weight drape, perfect for warmer months when you need a little something or in cooler months as a beautiful accessory scarf. This is a fabulous easy crochet pattern that only requires one skein of yarn. You'll love the ruffled edges and the rose addition giving it that feminine look. Get the full crochet pattern here!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Get in touch with your inner flapper with this chic 1920's Rose Swirl Headband. The headband pattern has a lovely crochet flower on… Continue reading: "1920s Rose Swirl Crochet Headbandvideocam"
- Chance to win Red Heart Infinity Yarn!
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Enter for a chance to win Red Heart Boutique Irresistible Yarn!
- Anamika Silk Cloud Silk Yarn
- Patons Venus Yarn
- The Boye Crochet Master
- Homespun Thick and Quick Yarn
- Enter to win Lanaloft Bulky Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Baby Hugs Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Super Saver Jumbo Yarn!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet