Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Furls Whims Merino Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Furls Whims Merino Yarn
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
Furls Fiberarts has long been known for creating beautiful crochet hooks and yarn bowls, but now they are making their way into the luxury yarn market, and we couldn't be happier. The Furls Fiberarts Whims Merino Yarn Bundle is specially made with the crocheter in mind. The z-twist yarn doesn't split, making it an ideal yarn for most projects!
The blend of 50% fine superwash merino wool and 50% nylon makes for a soft and durable yarn. It is very lightweight and holds up well over time thanks to the nylon mix. The twist of this yarn is what makes it a crocheter's dream come true. Instead of the ply moving against your hook, it moves with it to create a stronger holding strand that won't fray over time.
There are currently four colors of this yarn sold, in addition to an undyed variety. The blue, red, purple, and light grey hues are all rich and don't fade in the wash. I imagine we will be seein more colors in the future, but until then I like that they sell an undyed option to make your own hues.
The super soft hanks of Merino yarn comes in individual, black gift bags. This adds to the prestige of the yarn and makes it ideal for gifting to your favorite crochet-enthusiast. When looking for a luxury yarn to create equisite afghans and wearables, look no further than Furl's Whims Merino Yarn!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
You'll have everyone mesmerized by the Optical Illusion Baby Blanket. Whether you make it as a baby shower gift or for your own… Continue reading: "Optical Illusion Baby Blanketvideocam"
Enter to win the Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
Lorna's Laces Hand-Dyed Yarn
Red Heart Yarn Lover's Tote Bag
Naturally Caron Spa Yarn
Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
Chance to win Resilient Superwash Merino Sock Yarn!
Chance to win the Jimmy Beans Crochet Project Club Kit!
Anamika Silk Cloud Silk Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Christmas Tree Ornament Pattern
- Modern Zig-Zag Crochet Bag Pattern
- Modern Blue Crochet Bag Pattern
- 40+ Plus Size Crochet Patterns
- Easy and Colorful Crochet Bag Pattern
- Blooming Bolero
- How to Crochet in 4 Easy Steps - Beginner
- C2C Rainbow Hat with Unicorn Pom Pom
- Bobble Basketweave Bag
- Apache Tears Scarf
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet