Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Drunk Yarn Kit
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Drunk Yarn Kit
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
When I first came across the Drunk Yarn company I thought it was such an interesting name for a yarn company and I wondered if it would turn people off, but once I started digging to see what it was all about I loved it. Drunk Yarn is a home-dyeing kit that comes in colors inspired by alcoholic beverages, tea and coffee.
The dye kits come with the yarn from Drunk Yarn's popular Round Mount Fibers that is made of 100% superwash merino, Greener Shades dye that comes in gelatin capsules and food grade citric acid. You get everything in this kit that will allow you to come up with your own beverage-inspired yarn. How fun is that?
If you've never dyed yarn before then this kit is a great way to start. You simply fill a bowl half way with warm water and put the untwisted yarn in it to soak for at least 15 minutes. Drunk Yarn provides step-by-step instructions along with colored photos on how to complete the process.
Currently kits are available in fun flavors like Mojito, Darjeeling, Sangria, Blue Agave and Coffee. As you can imagine, Mojito is in the bland green color family, Sangria is a bright pink color, Bourbon is a deep orange color and so on. Now you can knit and crochet with your favorite drink in-hand. Literally!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
You know how to crochet a blanket when you can work up this beautiful Kaleidoscope Afghan in multiple crochet colors. The never-ending… Continue reading: "Colorful Kaleidoscope Afghanvideocam"
- Lion Brand Unique Yarn
- Red Heart Anne Geddes Baby Yarn
- Chance to win Expression Fiber Arts Alpaca Silk DK Yarn!
- Homespun Thick and Quick Yarn
- Enter to win Caron United Yarn!
- Enter to win the Simplicity Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder!
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Red Heart Boutique Swanky Yarn
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Bernat Baby Crushed Velvet Yarn!
- The Meow Collection
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Bobble Drops Flower Hexagon
- Arm Warmers
- Farmhouse Pumpkins
- Easy To Make Crochet Sunflower Mini Doily
- Alice Sideways Shawl
- Victorian Steampunk Necklace And Bracelet
- Rua Shawl
- Crochet Heart Frog Applique
- Team Spirit Scrucnhie
- Field Of Flowers Crochet Stitch
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters