Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Caron United Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I recently had a chance to try Caron United from Yarnspirations and because it was a yarn I had not tried before I was excited to check it out!
Caron United is a worsted weight yarn available in a variety of colors. It is 100% acrylic and is a great all-purpose yarn for just about any project you can imagine from wearables to items for the home. Each ball of Caron United is 235 yards (215 m) and 4 oz (113 g).
One of the unique and wonderful things about this yarn is that a portion of each ball of Caron United sold goes to children who have lost a parent in the line of duty, including college scholarship and educational counseling. It is a great feeling knowing that by using this yarn you are helping others in need!
When I began my crochet project with this yarn, I immediately noticed that it had a smooth feel, good stitch definition, and glided across my crochet hook. The colors are vibrant and consistent, just be sure to match dye lots if using more than one skein of this yarn for a project. Because this yarn comes in a variety of colors and is affordable, it is ideal for larger projects like afghans too. I also like how you can machine wash and dry the yarn, making it great for gift giving, especially for kids and babies so parents launder it quickly.
Overall, Caron United is an easy yarn to work with, and I especially love the fact that it gives back to kids in need! Because of this and the ease of working with this yarn, Caron United is a great choice for your next worsted weight project!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Enter to win a set of Deborah Norville Birchwood Crochet Hooks!
- Enter to win Premier Serenity Active Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Enter to win the Simplicity Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder!
- Homespun Thick and Quick Yarn
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- Enter to win Caron United Yarn!
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
- SERENITY Chunky Weight Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Loafers
- Crochet House Slippers (one Hour Project)
- Heart Finger Puppet
- Braided Twist Headband
- Braided Puff Baby Blanket
- Lion Baby Booties
- Quick Round Potholder Placemat
- Goldie Crochet Slippers
- Chunky Beanie One Hour Project
- Sunrise Jute Mat
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters