27+ Puff Stitch Crochet Patterns
Make a puff stitch crochet scarf, flower, hat, or so many other free designs included in this collection.
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
We absolutely adore the fun look of the classic puff stitch in crochet. If you agree, you'll be able to find hat patterns, accessories, jewelry, and even crochet flowers made from your favorite stitch right here. You won't be able to find so many crochet puff stitch patterns in one place anywhere else.
We especially like the volume and bulkiness that the puff stitch creates, which makes a cowl or hat look extremely warm and cozy. It's the perfect winter stitch because it's so thick and luxurious. It also helps that it's aesthetically-pleasing, too!
In our collection of 27+ Puff Stitch Crochet Patterns, you will have so many patterns using the puff stitch that you won't know where to begin. You could work up a warm and cozy baby blanket pattern or choose from a variety of hats. It's all up to you!
Making little flowers out of this stitch is also a genius idea! String all your puffy soft flowers together or make them into completely unique decorations. No matter what you make, you'll be happy with the results, because the puff stitch rocks.
You'll also love that the crochet stitch is easy to learn and can be incorporated in some of your favorite patterns.
PLUS! We are including a video on how to crochet the puff stitch right below. Just keep in mind it's a left-handed tutorial! Go ahead and give the crochet puff stitch a try today!
Table of Contents
Crochet Puff Stitch Tutorial
If you're wondering, "how do I make the puff stitch?" then this quick Crochet Puff Stitch Tutorial will show you how to master a puff stitch in no time. Find these instructions and more on our page, How to Crochet a Puff Stitch.
- Yarn over, insert your hook into the stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop.
Tip: Pull your loop so it is even with the other stitches on your crochet hook.
- Yarn over again, insert your hook into the same stitch, yarn over, and pull up another loop.
- Repeat this until you have nine loops on your crochet hook. Yarn over, and pull your yarn through all nine of the loops.
- Chain one to secure the stitch.
- Follow along with your instructions for your project and enjoy!
Ready to learn even more crochet stitches? Whether you want to expand your repertoire or just want a quick refresher on the basics, this free eBook will help you out. Broaden your crochet horizons when you take a look at 8 Different Crochet Stitches to Learn Free eBook (Volume II)
Puff Stitch Crochet Hat Patterns
You'll be able to keep every head in your family covered with this wide variety of hats. From slouchy hats to berets, the puff stitch can do pretty much anything! You'll surely become a pro at this wonderful stitch in no time with all of these patterns to choose from, as well as the motivation to keep your head warm in the winter.
The crochet puff stitch is unique and pretty, with these patterns proving it. Whether you're looking for style or functionality, you'll find something to work up with these puff stitch crochet hat patterns.
There's more to learn than the puff stitch! If you're looking for a new stitch to try, then the V stitch is for you. This collection of free crochet patterns will get you started. Are you new to this stitch? We've even included a video tutorial so you can learn more about this stitch! Discover more V stitch crochet patterns when you take a look at 50 V-Stitch Crochet Patterns + Tutorials
Crochet Accessories Using the Puff Stitch
The puff stitch is so chic for accessories including jewelry, headbands, and purses! Most of these crochet patterns are very easy to work up, too. Any of these puff stitch crochet patterns would make fantastic gifts for any occasion.
If you're struggling for gift ideas, look back at this list and you'll definitely find something that special person would love. You'll also love that many of these crochet patterns are easy to make, so keep them in mind the next time you need to crochet a gift in just a little bit of time.
Unique Puff Stitch Crochet Patterns
Did you know that you can crochet a baby blanket, cowls, a pair of gloves and even flowers with the puff stitch? Even if you didn't, we've got some great patterns for you to try out.
You can keep yourself warm or brighten up a room with any of these puff stitch crochet patterns.
For your next baby shower, consider impressing everyone with the unique baby blanket using the crochet puff stitch. We know that once you see the patterns below, you will want to make at least one of these stunning designs.
Find more fabulous puff stitch ideas and other crochet stitches in our collection, Crochet Stitch Directory: 26 Stitch Patterns
20+ Basic Crochet Stitches >>
What is your favorite item to crochet with the puff stitch?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
The Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghan is the ultimate crochet pattern for beginners. This crochet afghan is so easy, quick and fun to work… Continue reading: "Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghanvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Double Waffle Crochet Baby Blanket
- Sunny Summer Crochet Doily Tutorial
- How to Do a Popcorn Stitch in Crochet
- V-Stitch and Shell Stitch Tutorial
- How to Crochet the Shell Stitch
- Honeycomb Cardigan - Bobble Stitch Cardigan
- Crochet V-Stitch Photo Tutorial
- Thermal Single Crochet Stitch
- Screen Window Square
- How to Weave in Yarn Ends
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters