We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Ornamental Owl Crochet Pattern is absolutely adorable. Keep your love of owls coming back every year by hanging it on the tree as a nifty little crochet ornament. If you know someone who is just as a big of a fan of owls, use this as a neat gift topper that they can keep as a favor. Cut out some felt for eyes, fill it with polyester fiber, and enjoy the cute ornamental owl you can work up quickly and easily!
Crochet HookE/4 or 3.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
- Premier Yarns Spangle: Holiday Glitz (1 ball)
- Crochet Hook (Size E/4, 3.5 mm)
- Yarn Needle
- Polyester Fiberfill
- Two 9mm Black Buttons
- White Adhesive-Backed Felt: Two 3/4" Circles
- 1 Yard Gold Embroidery Floss
- Sewing Needle
2 3/4" square
6 sc and 7 sc rows = 1"
On the Base of the Basket the beginning of round is adjusted every few rounds to ensure that the Base lays flat without twisting.
Back: Beg at bottom edge, ch 15.
Row 1 (RS): Sc in second ch from hook and each rem ch across; tun – 14 sc.
Rows 216: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn. Fasten off at end of Row 16.
Front: Work same as Back.
Wing (Make 2): Ch 5.
Row 1 (RS): Sc in second ch from hook and each ch across; turn – 4 sc.
Rows 2 and 3: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn.
Row 4: Sc2tog twice; turn – 2 sc.
Row 5: Sc2tog; fasten off.
Remove paper backing from felt and adhere circles to Front. Sew buttons to white felt circles in desired position. Embroider satinstitch beak using gold embroidery floss.
Hold Front and Back tog with WS facing and working through both thicknesses, join yarn with a sl st in top right corner, ch 1, 1 sc in same corner, sc evenly around outside edge, working 3 sc in each rem corner; stuff before closing last side, sc in first corner; ch 24 for hanger, sl st to center sc in top left corner; fasten off.
With RS of Wing and Front facing forward, sew one Wing to each side of Front, placing each Wing just inside sc border on each side. Weave in ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
You'll have everyone mesmerized by the Optical Illusion Baby Blanket. Whether you make it as a baby shower gift or for your own… Continue reading: "Optical Illusion Baby Blanketvideocam"
- 35+ Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Gingerbread Crochet Ornaments
- The Crocheter's Favorite Ornament
- 75 Free Crochet Snowflake Patterns
- Winter Night Crochet Snowflake Decoration
- Sweet and Simple Christmas Star
- Easy Crochet Angel Ornament
- Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake
- Tiny Stocking Ornaments
- Mini Crochet Christmas Tree Ornament
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 1.5 Hour Chunky Scarf
- How to Tell if Yarn Is Wool or Acrylic
- Cindy Unangst
- 66 Free Crochet Snowman Patterns
- Verna Puff Stitch Ear Warmer
- Santa or Elf Belly Treat Bags
- Plaid Santa Mug Wrap
- Reindeer Basket
- Spookles The Ghost
- Santa Belly Pot Holder
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet