We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
You'll want to work up a bunch of these for your crocheting friends: The Crocheter's Favorite Ornament. It's a little crochet basket with tiny balls of yarn in it! What could be a more perfect gift for a crocheter? You can let everyone know about your talents with this Christmas ornament. They'll probably notice it and then notice all the crochet hats and blankets you've made around the house. Your renown of crochet can be known even better now with this crochet ornament.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
With A, ch 14, leaving a long tail.
Row 1 (right side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn—13 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first sc, * skip next sc, sc in next sc, ch 1, sc in skipped st; repeat from * across, turn.
Skipping all ch-1 spaces, repeat Row 2 until piece measures 3¾” (9.5 cm) ending on a wrong side row.
Last Row (right side): Ch 1, sc in each sc across skipping all ch-1 spaces, turn—13 sc.
With right side of Row 1 facing, and taking care not to twist ch, join with sl st in first foundation ch (near yarn tail), ch 1; working in back ridge loops, sl st in each ch across. Fasten off, leaving a long tail.
Fold piece lengthwise with right side facing inward. With long tails and yarn needle, sew side seams and reinforce ends of handle.
Turn Basket right side out, and gently push out corners for a rounded shape.
Weave in ends.
Balls of Yarn
Wind small balls of each B, C, D and D, measuring 1” (2.5 cm) in diameter. Cut yarn leaving a long tail, and weave tail through center of ball. Apply craft glue to last strand to prevent unraveling. Arrange balls in basket.
A, B, C = Color A, Color B, Color C, etc
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
sl st(s) = slip stitches
st(s) = stitch(es)
* = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Dusty Blue Bulky Crochet Beanie is your new go-to winter hat, and it's available in any size you could want, from newborn all the… Continue reading: "Dusty Blue Bulky Crochet Beanievideocam"
- 75 Free Crochet Snowflake Patterns
- Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake
- Gingerbread Crochet Ornaments
- Granny Star Ornament
- 35+ Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Sweaters for Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Tiny Tim Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Granny Square Stocking Ornament
- Reindeer Christmas Ornament Free Crochet Pattern
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Pretty In Pink Elephant Lovey
- Clustered V-st Crochet Preemie Blanket Pattern
- Ice Cream - Easy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Boxed Bead Koozie
- Zayd The Boy Crochet Doll
- Zoya Amigurumi Mermaid
- Power Of Positivity Prayer Flags
- Harry The Spider
- Ice Cream Ripple Scarf
- Knit Look Bow
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters