Easy Crochet Angel Ornament
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Ready to work up an adorable ornament? This Easy Crochet Angel Ornament is definitely a crochet pattern that is easier than you would think. Plus, you don't have to just hang this crochet angel ornament on your tree. Get creative and use it for all kind of different home decorations during the holidays. This crochet video shows you just how easy it really is to recreate this fantastic pattern. If you have been wanting to learn how to crochet an angel look no further.
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge12 sts x 12 rows in sc = 3” squares
Featured in this video: Premier Deborah Norville Everyday Collection - colors Cappucino (color A), Cream (color B), Chocolate (color C)
- Crochet hook
- Sewing needle
Make sure you know the main stitch you're going to be using in this pattern. Learn how to double crochet with this super helpful video tutorial. How to Double Crochet (Video Tutorial)
Easy Crochet Angel Ornament
Before starting: Cut yarn in color C in strips of 8 inches: 30 strips at least.
Crochet Angel Ornament Pattern
For the Wings: Using yarn in color B, ch 4.
Rnd 1: 8 dc in the first chain.
Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in the same st, 2 dc in each st (18 st).
Rnd 3: Ch 3, dc in the same st, dc in each st to last st, 2 dc in last st (20 st). Fasten off.
For the Head and Body: Using Color A, ch 2.
Rnd 1: 5 sc in first chain, do not join.
Rnd 2: Working in the round, 2 sc in each st (10 sts).
Rnd 3: * Sc, 2 sc in next st, repeat from * around (15 sts).
Rnds 4-6: Sc in each st.
Add hair with yarn needle. Shape, tie in place.
Rnd 7: * Sc dec, sc, repeat from * around (10 sts). Stuff head with Polyfil.
Rnd 8: Sc dec 5 times, sl st the first st to join (5 sts). Fasten off.
Rnd 9: Join color B in the first st, ch 1, 2 sc in each st (10 sts).
Rnd 10: Working in the round, * Sc, 2 sc, repeat from * around (15 sts).
Rnd 11: * Sc 2, 2 sc, repeat from * around (20 sts).
Rnd 12: * Sc 3, 2 sc, repeat from * around (25 sts).
Rnds 13-17: Sc in each st (25 sts). Sew on wings.
Rnd 18: * Sc dec, sc 3, repeat from * around (20 sts).
Rnd 19: * Sc dec, sc 2, repeat from * around (15 sts).
Rnd 20: * Sc dec, sc, repeat from * around (10 sts). Stuff body with Polyfil.
Using yarn needle, sew end closed.
Top Loop: Join color C in the back of the 'head' of your angel where you created the hair part.
Ch 16, sl st to the same st.
It can be tricky knowing exactly what crochet hook you want to use for some project. Check out this awesome guide to hopefully make this decision a little easier. How to Choose Crochet Hooks and Crochet Hook Sizes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Amazing Grace Crochet Shawl Pattern is a beautiful pink and white shawl dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness. If you know someone… Continue reading: "Amazing Grace Crochet Shawl Patternvideocam"
- Easy Crochet Angel Ornament
- 35+ Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- The Crocheter's Favorite Ornament
- Crochet Snowman Christmas Ornament
- 75 Free Crochet Snowflake Patterns
- Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake
- North Star Christmas Ornament
- 14 Free Victorian Crochet Ornaments
- Sweet and Simple Christmas Star
- Pipsqueak Penguin Ornament
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Thin Headband Crochet Pattern
- Cocoa Wrap
- Festive Bauble Bunting
- Crochet Christmas Stocking
- Prerna Tunisian Scarf
- Reef Crochet Basket Pattern 9.0
- Reef Crochet Basket Pattern 7.0
- Reef Crochet Basket Pattern 8.0
- Bax The Christmas Bear
- Crochet Thermal Stripes Potholder
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters