We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake will show you that snowflakes don't have to be white. The gorgeous colors of this crochet pattern will make you fall in love with snowflakes in a whole new way. The yarn and design of this Christmas ornament will have your tree sparkling in no time. You'll want to work up a whole bunch of these to make your tree look completely amazing. Everyone will appreciate how colorful your tree looks and yours will be the envy of the neighborhood.
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge16 sc and 17 rows = 4 [10 cm].
Finished SizeApprox 6 1/2 inches [16.5 cm] wide.
Caron® Simply Soft® Party (3.5 oz/100 g; 195 yds/178 m)
-- Contrast A Fuchsia Sparkle (12002) 1 ball
-- Contrast B Spring Sparkle (12003) 1 ball
-- Contrast C Purple Sparkle (12006) 1 ball
-- Contrast D Teal Sparkle (12004) 1 ball
- Size U.S. F/5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
Note: To join colors, work to last loops on hook of first color. Draw new color through last loops and proceed. Join all rnds with sl st.
CIRCLE (make 2)
(See diagram on below).
With A, ch 4. Join with sl st to first ch to form a ring.
1st rnd: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 15 dc in ring. Join B to top of ch 3. Break A. 16 dc.
2nd rnd: With B, ch 1. 2 sc in same sp as last sl st. *1 sc in next sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * to last sc. 1 sc in last sc. Join C to first sc. 24 sc.
3rd rnd: With C, ch 3 (counts as dc). 2 dc in next sc. 1 dc in next sc. 1 dc in back loop only of next sc. *1 dc in next sc. 2 dc in next sc. 1 dc in next sc. 1 dc in back loop only of next sc. Rep from * around. Join B to top of ch 3. Break C. 30 dc.
4th rnd: With C, ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *2 sc in next dc. 1 sc in each of next 2 dc. Working in front of rnds, 1 tr in rem front loop of sc from 2nd rnd. Skip next dc (behind tr).** 1 sc in next dc. Rep from * around, ending last rep at **. Join to first sc. Fasten off. 36 sts.
Join Circles: Place WS of Circles facing each other, matching pat (aligning tr sts).
1st rnd: Working through both thicknesses, join D with sl st through any tr of 4th rnd. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp. *1 sc in each of next 2 sc. 2 sc in next sc. 1 sc in each of next 2 sc.** 1 sc in next tr. Rep from * around, ending at **. Join A to first sc.
2nd rnd: With A, sl st in next sc. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp. *1 hdc in next sc. 2 dc in next sc. (Ch 3. Sl st back into first of 3 ch) twice. Ch 3. Sl st back into last dc worked – trefoil picot worked. 2 dc in next sc. 1 hdc in next sc. 1 sc in next sc.** Ch 1. Skip next sc. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * around, ending at **. Ch 1. Skip last sc. Join to first sc. Fasten off.
3rd rnd: Join D with sl st in any ch-1 sp. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp. *Ch 6. 1 sc in top point of next trefoil picot. Ch 6.** 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * around, ending at **. Join to first sc.
4th rnd: *8 sc in next ch-6 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Ch 3. Sl st back into last sc worked - picot made. 8 sc in next ch-6 sp. Skip next sc. Rep from * 4 times more. 8 sc in next ch-6 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Ch 32 for hanging loop. Sl st back into last sc worked. 8 sc in next ch-6 sp. Skip last sc. Join to first sc. Fasten off.
Work as for Version 1 substituting B for A, A for B, D for C and C for D.
- Double crochet
- Half double crochet
- Right side
- Single crochet
Sl st: Slip stitch
Tr: Treble crochet
WS: Wrong side
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
If you have one spare hour in a day, you can make the One Hour Spike Stitch Crochet Cowl! This fabulous cowl will add sophistication… Continue reading: "One Hour Spike Stitch Crochet Cowlvideocam"
- Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake
- North Star Christmas Ornament
- Santa Crochet Ornament
- The Crocheter's Favorite Ornament
- Dog Poop Christmas Ornament
- Granny Star Ornament
- Christmas Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Sweet and Simple Christmas Star
- Christmas Wreath Crochet Ornament
- Winter Night Crochet Snowflake Decoration
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Ocean Breeze Crochet Headband
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Crochet Soccer Sneakers Worked In Rows!
- Crochet Gladiator Baby Sandals
- Crochet Gladiator Sandals
- Crochet Baby Boots
- Crochet Baby Booties
- Cable Braided Fingerless Mittens
- Cable Braided Headband
- Sweet Stripes Plant Rugs
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters