Christmas Crochet Ball Ornament Pattern
Make crochet Christmas ball ornaments inspired by Bavaria!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
For a beautiful and unique Christmas decoration, try whipping up this pretty crochet ball ornament pattern. It's fast, easy, and can be decorated in your own way. This tutorial for the Christmas Crochet Ball Ornament Pattern explains how to work up this Bavarian-inspired ornament that will look amazing on any tree this winter.
It's a combination of amigurumi and cross-stitch, so it's a lot of fun to make. Plus, you can use any colors of yarn you want, which means it can be an everyday ornament or made for a specific holiday. The end result is a beautiful and classic-looking ornament with a fun, modern twist. The reason we love this ornament so much is that it really doesn't have to be only Christmas but fits in if that's what you want.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Red Heart Super Saver, (in red and white or any scrap yarn colors you have)
- Crochet hook: I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
- Tapestry needle
Bavarian Christmas Crochet Bauble
Christmas Crochet Ball Ornament Pattern:
Watch the crochet Christmas ornament video above or jump right into this pattern below.
Rnd 2: ch1, sc 2 in next 6 sts, sl to join. (12 sts)
Rnd 3: ch 1, *sc 1, sc 2 in next st; rep from * 5 more times, sl to join. (18 sts)
Rnd 4: ch 1, *sc 2, sc 2 in next st; rep from * 5 more times, sl to join. (24 sts)
Rnd 5: ch 1, *sc3, sc 2 in next st; rep from * 5 more times, sl to join. (30 sts)
Rnds 6-11: ch 1, *sc 36, sl to join. (5 Rnds)
Rnd 12: ch 1, *sc 4, sk 1; Rep from * 5 more times, sl to join. (24 sts)
Rnd 13: ch 1, *sc 3, sk 1; Rep from * 5 more times, sl to join. (18 sts)
Rnd 14: ch 1, *sc 2, sk 1; Rep from * 5 more times, sl to join. (12 sts) Stuff ornament.
Rnd 15: ch 1, *sc 1, sk 1; Rep from * 5 more times, sl to join. (6 sts)
Rnds 16-17: ch 1, sc 6, sl to join.
Break yarn and draw tail through to secure. Using scrap yarn in a contrasting color, sew cross stitch Xs all the way around the widest part of the ornament.
Weave in all ends and sew a braid of yarn to the top of the ornament to hang.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Adorable Woodland Hedgehog crochet amigurumi pattern is such a cute little friend to work up! Worked in the round with worsted… Continue reading: "Adorable Woodland Hedgehogvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rustic Felted Bowl with Handles
- Twist & Stripe Hat
- Alpine Winter Headband
- Super Sturdy Crochet Basket with Handles
- Vincent the Dragon
- Necrocia the Zombie Mermaid
- The Elgin Tote Bag and Cup Cozy
- Crochet Baby Dress Free Pattern
- At the Shore Baby Blanket
- Colour Block Make Up Bag
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet