North Star Christmas Ornament
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Make your tree decorating complete with the North Star Christmas Ornament. The North Star was a great guide throughout history when there were no maps and definitely no GPS's. Let it guide your family this holiday season when you hang it on your tree. It's an easy crochet pattern to work up when you've got a little down time and it would make a great little gift for pretty much anyone on your list. Choose red or green yarn for the ornament and let this little star shine bright.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 sc and 14 rows = 4 [10 cm].
Finished SizeApprox 3 inches [7.5 cm] in diameter.
- Caron® Simply HolidayTM (7 oz/200 g; 368 yds/336 m) OR
- Caron® Simply Soft® (6 oz/170 g; 315 yds/288 m)
- Contrast A Red (13729) or (39729) or Burgundy (13762) or (39762) or
- Cool Green (13770) or (39770) - 1 ball
- Contrast B White (13701) or (39701) - 1 ball
- (1 ball of each color will make 20 ornaments)
- Size U.S. H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Large eyed blunt tip tapestry needle
Want to fill your whole tree with crochet? Check out: 16 Holly Jolly Crochet Christmas Ornaments
**Ch 4. Join with sl st to first ch to form ring.
1st rnd: 8 sc in ring. Join with sl st to first sc. 8 sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 2 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc. 16 sc.
3rd rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc. 24 sc.
4th rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 2 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc. 32 sc.
5th rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 3 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc.** 40 sc. Fasten off.
Work from ** to ** as given for First Side.
Do not fasten off at end of last rnd.
Join sides: With WS tog, working through both thicknesses, work 1 sl st in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sl st. Do not fasten off.
Make hanging loop: Ch 20. Join with sl st in same sp as last sl st. Fasten off.
Using B and diagram as reference, embroider snowflake with Lazy Daisy stitch on First Side.
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Begin(ing)
- Ch = Chain(s)
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- Sc = Single crochet
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- Sp = Space
- Tog = Together
- WS = Wrong side
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Fortune's Crochet Shawlette was inspired by the corner to corner stitch, aka the diagonal box stitch. This twist on the stitch creates… Continue reading: "Fortune's Crochet Shawlettevideocam"
- The Crocheter's Favorite Ornament
- 75 Free Crochet Snowflake Patterns
- Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake
- Tiny Stocking Ornaments
- Ornamental Owl Crochet Pattern
- Sweet and Simple Christmas Star
- Crochet Owl Candy Cane Ornament
- Scrappy Christmas Star Ornaments
- Twinkle Tree Ornament
- Star of David Crochet Ornament
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Flower Hera
- Crochet Flower Rhea
- Robin's Egg Slanted Shell Facial Scrubbies
- Robin's Egg Slanted Shell Washcloths
- Poinsettia Wine Cozy
- Granny Square Soap Cozy (or Small Gift Bag)
- Dip-dyed Soap Cozy Or Small Gift Bag
- Matteo Fingerless Gloves
- Jeans Yarn Clutch Bag
- Carrot Cocoon
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet