This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Sleepy Santa Pillow
With a soft looped beard and a cute bobble nose, this snoozing Santa is just the holiday home decoration you'll want to snuggle this season. You won't believe how cute this pillow is, and the kids will absolutely love cuddling it on chilly winter nights. Soft to touch and fun to look at, this Santa pillow will make sure everyone is snug in their beds this Christmas Eve.
From the blogger: "Even Santa needs to get some sleep before the big night! Loop-It adds some amazing texture to Santa’s beard."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge15 sc = 4” (10 cm) across
Finished SizeFits a 12” (30.5 cm) square pillow form
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 319 Cherry Red (CA), 311 White (CB), 334 Buff (CC), and 312 Black (CD), or approximately 168 yd (153.5 m) in CA, 105 yd (96 m) in CB, 55 yd (50 m) in CC, and 5 yd (4.5 m) in CD in any medium weight yarn
- Red Heart Loop-It yarn (100% polyester, 3.5 oz/100 g, 7.6 yd/7 m) – 1 skein in 115 Snow Way (CE), or approximately 5 yd (4.5 m) in any jumbo weight loop yarn
- US H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge
- Yarn or tapestry needle with eye small enough to sew through buttons
- 0.75” (2 cm) sew-through or shank button – 4 buttons
- Fairfield Crafter’s Choice 12” x 12” Basic Pillow Form
- Stitch markers
- Small amount of Fairfield Poly-Fil Fiber Filling
Read NextJolly Holly Leaves
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 27, 2018
I thought this project was using the Loop It yarn. JoAnns just did a class using this product, and although I wasnt able to take it, I did look up some additional resources for the yarn. Be advised that youll have to click through to another link for the actual pattern. If you dont want to make a special trip for the Loop It yarn, you can use the Double Loop technique with regular worsted.
Nov 24, 2018
What a super fun and cute holiday gift for all the kids! Grandkids, nieces and nephews, the whole gang. I happen to think the sleepy look on Santa is fitting, don't you? Have any of you had the chance to work with the Loop It yarns? If you have, what do you think of it? Is there a trick to working with it that would be helpful to a newbie like me?
Nov 27, 2018
I have not since I missed the JoAnn's class. They were using the Loop It to hand crochet instead of using a hook, so I wasn't that interested.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crocheters! Right now!
- Get free crochet patterns, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use