How to Crochet a Cable Stitch
This is a great crochet tutorial for you to follow if you're bored with your usual stitches. Learn how to make a cable stitch in only eight steps. The best part is that you only need four stitches for the cable stitch, so learning it is a breeze! Break out of your crocheting rut with this easy yet gorgeous crochet stitch. Then, you can try it out in your next crochet project and show off your new skill.
- In order to make a crocheted cable you will need 4 stitches. Therefore chain in multiples of 4, plus add 3. For example, 4 cables would be 16 stitches, plus 3, equals 19, therefore chain 19 stitches. Single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and in each stitch of the chain.
- Chain 3 and turn.
- Skip the next stitch, double crochet in each of the next 3 stitches.
- Insert the hook, from front to back, into the first stitch skipped.
- Draw up a loop, loosely, bring it to the top of the last double crochet worked, and finish the double crochet with yarn over, and through the loops.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 across the row. End the row with a double crochet in the last stitch.
- Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch across the row.
- Repeat the steps, starting at step 2.
- Photo shows 3 rows of cable stitch completed.
Read NextField Of Flowers Crochet Stitch