We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Reflective Color Block Cowl is made using Red Heart's Reflective yarn, which features a nylon light reflecting thread that literally lights up whenever a flash of light hits it. Whether it be your camera flash or a car's headlights, this crocheted cowl will light up with the flash. Plus, the trendy color block design looks just like something off the runways. Work up this easy crochet scarf pattern today using just a few skeins of Red Heart Reflective yarn.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Reflective™: 1 ball each 8242 Neon Yellow A and 8532 Purple B
- Susan Bates Crochet Hook®: 6.5mm [US K-10.5]
- Yarn needle
- stitch markers
Cowl measures 11” (28 cm) wide x 26” (66 cm) around.
10 hdc = 4” [10 cm]; 6 rows = 4” [10 cm]. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Fhdc (Foundation half double crochet): This technique eliminates the need for a foundation chain by combining a chain and a half double crochet into a single stitch.First st: Ch 3, yarn over, insert hook in 3rd ch from hook, yarn over, draw up a loop (3 loops on hook); yarn over, draw through 1 loop – ch portion of st made (it may be helpful to insert a stitch marker); yarn over, draw through all 3 loops – Fhdc complete. Remaining sts: Yarn over, insert hook under two strands of ch portion of previous st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw through 1 loop, yarn over, draw through all 3 loops.
1. The first two chs of each row count as a hdc.
2.To change color, work hdc until 3 loops are left on hook, drop first color; pick up new color, yarn over, draw new color through all 3 loops to complete st. Cut first color, leaving an end for weaving in later.
Row 1 (Right Side): With A, Fhdc 28 times. (Optional: Ch 30, hdc in 3rd ch from hook and each ch across instead.) – 28 sts.
Row 2: Ch 2, turn; hdc in next st and each st across – 28 hdc.
Rows 3-4: Repeat Row 2; change to B in last hdc.
Rows 5-9: Repeat Row 2; change to A in last hdc.
Rows 10-14: Repeat Row 2; change to B in last hdc
Rows 15-39: Repeat Rows 5-14 twice, then repeat Rows 5-9 once to make 8 sections with alternating colors; change to A in last hdc.
Row 40: Repeat Row 2, do not fasten off.
Holding right sides together, slip st across ends to join; fasten off. Weave in all ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Get all of the mystical beauty of the Northern Lights when you work up the Aurora Borealis Crochet Scarf. This gorgeous colorful… Continue reading: "Aurora Borealis Crochet Scarfvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Trinity Stitch Crochet Tutorial
- Super Soft Faux Fur Crochet Scarf With Pockets
- Granny Square Heart Pillow
- Lots Of Love Crochet Heart Beanie
- Advent Amy - Amigurumi Advent Calendar Crochet Along
- Aspen Valley Cowl
- Valeria Blanket
- Willow Leg Warmers
- December Square
- Steve The Shroom
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters